LibbyLishly

Unfreezing

Can people just not release and/or kill their current frozen GoN hatchies if they want to be able to resummon them instead of waiting for an unfreeze option? Just so they don't have to wait for coding to be put in when there is already another way to do it.

Can people just not release and/or kill their current frozen GoN hatchies if they want to be able to resummon them instead of waiting for an unfreeze option? Just so they don't have to wait for coding to be put in when there is already another way to do it.

They can... But then they have the "will I be unlucky enough to have to wait several more years to get another one" issue. Sure, they can get a lot of trios and the chances has been raised. But if they're really unlucky, they could end up waiting longer than it takes for this to go through/be vetoed to get another GoN, even if that was several years down the line.

The original unfreezing suggestion was just for Holidays (because of changed circumstances, as you said), but TJ shot it down and basically told us unfreezing had to be a normal option rather than an exception if it was to be allowed.

With 13 months before anything can be unfrozen (and the fact that only hatchlings can be frozen, which generally aren't the big slot lockers), I don't think this would be used for exploiting the limits smile.gif

I like the 13 month part. There is no way of getting around the egg limits with that. And even if someone was hatchie-locked, then have the unfreeze action greyed out until they have room, just like with summon.

I like the 13 month part. There is no way of getting around the egg limits with that. And even if someone was hatchie-locked, then have the unfreeze action greyed out until they have room, just like with summon.

I'm for the 13 months, too.

I'm for the 13 months, too.

a year. 13 months. x many dragons....don't care how it's limited, just please add this feature.

a year. 13 months. x many dragons....don't care how it's limited, just please add this feature.

EXACTLY. I will gladly put up with whatever limitations, if this would happen!

Sounds good. I like collecting hatchies, but there are some I regret freezing because I thought I'd never have a use for them or could never continue them and... well....

Why not:

Every 2 months (62 days), you gain 2 magic unfreeze actions.

And once you unfreeze the S1 hatchling, it grows into a (ungendered?) Adult with a random gender.

TL;DR: every 2 months you ge to unfreeze 2 hatchlings. Once they are unfrozen they grow up in 0.1 seconds.

EXACTLY. I will gladly put up with whatever limitations, if this would happen!

Yep. I don't care how this is limited, or what time I have to wait. Just release this darn feature. Please. Ugh.

Tired of waiting for an answer. ;-;

Lets make a un-release BSA. tongue.gif

It says its permanent. You know its permanent. I really don't like un-freezing.

Answer my questions please, im curious;

Why?

If its permanent, shouldn't it stay permanent?

Lets make a un-release BSA. tongue.gif

It says its permanent. You know its permanent. I really don't like un-freezing.

Answer my questions please, im curious;

Why?

If its permanent, shouldn't it stay permanent?

Previously zombies couldn't be removed from scrolls, everyone only had four egg spaces, and Christmas dragons were limited to two of each breed. All these things were permanent. But people wanted them changed and they did. There is no point in keeping things permanent if people would like to see them changed, or we'd still be stuck in the Stone Age. Unfreezing affects no one but those who choose to use it and should not be a big deal.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Previously zombies couldn't be removed from scrolls, everyone only had four egg spaces, and Christmas dragons were limited to two of each breed. All these things were permanent. But people wanted them changed and they did. There is no point in keeping things permanent if people would like to see them changed, or we'd still be stuck in the Stone Age. Unfreezing affects no one but those who choose to use it and should not be a big deal.

Can we suggest un-release then? It doesn't affect anyone, and its permanent.

I just asking, not trying to be mean. sad.gif

Can we suggest un-release then? It doesn't affect anyone, and its permanent.

I just asking, not trying to be mean. sad.gif

Some people have suggested that, but it's a separate suggestion and thus not really worth discussing here. Go make another thread and I'll support you there. tongue.gif

Although, I think an issue with it is that the cave probably doesn't have a way to record past ownership, whereas the cave DOES record your frozen dragons.

All of my frills are frozen, because I was stupid and preferred the hatchies and didn't grab one to grow up till it was too late.

I would be awfully happy to have unfreeze one of my frills, just one.

Hey peeps, for those who would love to see this as a BSA, this has been proposed for Cassares.

Obviously I'd be content with either a scroll action or a BSA, but if we get the ability to unfreeze via the BSA route, this is a lovely suggestion that takes into account everything we discussed here. Go show some love. laugh.gif

And once you unfreeze the S1 hatchling, it grows into a (ungendered?) Adult with a random gender.

I would love to be able to unfreeze hatchlings. One in particular, a CB black marrow. I don't know what I was thinking when I did it, seeing as we only had four egg spots back then. I know I have a few other hatchlings with pretty lineages that I would love to breed too. As for the quote, an dragons gender is set as soon as it hatches. So there is no reason for them to be un-gendered or be assigned a random gender.

Hey peeps, for those who would love to see this as a BSA, this has been proposed for Cassares.

Obviously I'd be content with either a scroll action or a BSA, but if we get the ability to unfreeze via the BSA route, this is a lovely suggestion that takes into account everything we discussed here. Go show some love. laugh.gif

Honestly, I don't want it to be a BSA. I want it to be like Freezing--an action WE do.

I saw that and don't want this added in the manner that BSA is proposed.

Agree with KageSora on this one. Would rather it not be a BSA please. X.x

Edited by Lyxii

Honestly, I don't want it to be a BSA. I want it to be like Freezing--an action WE do.

I saw that and don't want this added in the manner that BSA is proposed.

I agree. I think the BSA proposed makes the game unbalanced, since people can hoard, let's say, 100 cassares and be able to unfreeze 100 dragons at the same time. I think unfreeze should be an action with the same limitations that freeze offers.

I agree. I think the BSA proposed makes the game unbalanced, since people can hoard, let's say, 100 cassares and be able to unfreeze 100 dragons at the same time. I think unfreeze should be an action with the same limitations that freeze offers.

Well, a scroll wide cool down could always be implemented (and the suggestion wouldn't allow unfreezing until after a year anyway, so it's hardly a quick fix)

With regards to the BSA, it would be A Good Thing if you'd bring your concerns up in the thread, so they can be addressed. Because the BSA does have the same limits as the Freeze action. Simply put... You can only unfreeze what you've already frozen, and freezing is limited and so limits unfreezing.

1. You can only freeze 16 every two weeks. Which means.... You can freeze at a rate of 1 dragon every 21 hours. That means, it would take you 21 x 100 = 2100 hours = 87.5 days to freeze 100 dragons.

2. There's a 1 year wait time to use the linked unfreeze BSA. Actually, its 379 days, or 9096 hours. So, you start freezing a hatchie every 21 hours, and keep it up till you've frozen 100. Then, when you go to unfreeze them, you first have to wait 379 days, and then its still going to take you 379 +87.5 = 466.5 days, from the moment you started freezing, to unfreeze the last of those 100 hatchies. Because each hatchie was frozen 21 hours apart, and each hatchie has to reach that 379 day mark before it can be unfrozen

Or, about 16 months from the moment you started freezing your 100 hatchies until you finally manage to unfreeze the last.

Certainly, if you collect a lot of Cassares, then you can unfreeze many of them in one lump right when it comes out. However, you still have to freeze them initially, and that limit is still 16 freezes every 2 weeks. Once people unfreeze everything they want initially, they will once again be limited by the 16 frozens every 2 weeks. Because you can't unfreeze what you haven't frozen. And you still have to wait over a year to unfreeze.

Cheers!

C4.

I saw the BSA, I disagreed with the BSA, full disagree. I think unfreeze should be like the action: Usage Limitations: Can be performed 10 times per 2 weeks.

No one year of waiting and no hoarding of BSAs.

The waiting of a year or so has long been proposed for it as an action, actually. That's not something that was introduced with the BSA.

I'm against the waiting. People who want to unfreeze already waited. From the moment that the action would be implemented it should be used as freeze is, the waiting makes no sense.

I feel extremely annoyed by this tendency that I see in this forum to people to try to control other people's games all the time. Let's make an action that is exactly equal to freeze and let people play.

ETA: Also: make it simple and you'll see implemented quickly. Make it too complicated and it will take years to be implemented.

Edited by danicast