TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

You know, I originally just gave my two-headed dragons a single name because I never thought to give each head a name. It's not that I didn't acknowledge them as two separate dragons, I just never thought of names for *both* heads, just the sprite itself. But from now on I'll name all my new dragons a name for each head and when I have time, I'll go back and rename my other two headed species!

Except my very first dragon. He gets to keep his 'singular' name because it has special meaning to me. :3

On a player level, DC is pretty much your own sandbox. If you need to think of a way for a dragon to logically work in your own fantasy of the DC world, just do it--ignore the dragon descriptions and do your own merry little thing, with fan art and bells on. Outside of BSA suggestions and such, it's not that big a deal.

For instance, my world? Ninja mints. I've accepted that the Ninja BSA is never going to happen, but still, in my head, ninja mints.

Please, don't confuse the love types... they differ much enough. You wouldn't have a french kiss with your mom, would you? rolleyes.gif

The evolution doesn't always make sense. Just think of your hair and where they're placed... why do you need so much hair in intimate places? They rather disturb than do anything making sense(get dirty of your body fluids, can be a nest for hair parasites and so on).

Anyway, I'm for the brain halves concept for two-headeds with all my self. cool.gif

Actually there are reasons for why hair is placed on "Intimate places" however I will not go into detail. On another note, I saw some of your artwork. Very well done. I love the way you draw your dragons and nagas. I'm a bit of an artist myself.

For instance, my world? Ninja mints. I've accepted that the Ninja BSA is never going to happen, but still, in my head, ninja mints.

... and now in my head, ninja mints. Genius!

those adults are handsome biggrin.gif but i still need to catch opals ;.;

still, i hope to get cool names for my confused hatchies xd.png

... and now in my head, ninja mints. Genius!

lol, I agree. That's such an awesome idea. laugh.gif

I can actually picture them in black ninja suits with swords on their backs and throwing stars in their claws. Brings me back to my Ninja Turtle fan-girl days. Sigh~ good times. biggrin.gif

*screams* OMG! Thank you to everyone who gifted me! You totally just made my entire day! *hugs all around*

Does anyone know if new releases have a set day of the month? I think I remember someone mentioning it before, but I forgot.

Thanks Dimar smile.gif

Edited by Xythus

Does anyone know if new releases have a set day of the month? I think I remember someone mentioning it before, but I forgot.

The first Sunday. smile.gif

Because the artists made a good job on the sprites I guess... I wanted them for this purpose but to me no art is worthy of tolerating a foursome...

Because they forget this aspect and don't really notice it. And they treat their dragons as primitive animals that are unable to love nor think... Sad. I thought DC dragons were supposed to be high intelligent species, not guinea pigs...

I would like just to point out that the sort of sexual 'sick foursome' you seem to be imagining with the 2-headed breeds REQUIRES FOUR BODIES - not 4 heads with 2 bodies, lol.

At least this is what friends (like logic and basic arithmetic, lol) have told me.

So, don't worry, be happy, and yours can make like a missionary or however you please to imagine the process.

Personally, I usually just click on 'breed' and hope for an egg, as I feel that my dragons are entitled to their privacy at moments such as these.

I like the idea of both heads being separate entities (especially with the funny descriptions about personality clashes!) I spent a few hours today looking for twins/duologies from mythology to name my various two-heads after and unfortunately didn't find enough pairs of names that I liked. So I've decided to compensate by naming each of my two-headed sprites after one of a pair of twins/duos. I keep the twin theme, have more names to choose from for future dragons, and I imagine that each head will pick a personal unique nickname that he/she prefers from the common name the two heads share. ;3 (Like Kumaras Vin's heads go by Kuma and Mara, respectively.)

Edited by PuzzleChick

._. can't we just be happy that there is a new addition the cave...this is just a game after all.

I for one just appreciate the beautiful sprites. I don't see the point in picking apart something this harshly, a person /or people worked hard on them.

._. can't we just be happy that there is a new addition the cave...this is just a game after all.

I for one just appreciate the beautiful sprites. I don't see the point in picking apart something this harshly, a person /or people worked hard on them.

Amen, sister!

*wanders in from having been away from the cave and the forums a bit and sees mentions of foursomes*

Woaaaaaaaaah I think you guys putting a leetle too much thought into this. blink.gif

EDIT: Someone mentioned Devon and Cornwall from Quest For Camelot, but heck, didn't Dragon Tales have a two-headed dragon? (I didn't get PBS as a kid, ffft.)

Nevermind I didn't backtrack far enough.

Edited by DorkJulian

*wanders in from having been away from the cave and the forums a bit and sees mentions of foursomes*

Woaaaaaaaaah I think you guys putting a leetle too much thought into this. blink.gif

My entire point. It's not something to get worked up about.

*shrugs* i don't mind - they are picking apart a theory - not the art. And it is interesting to see how others play the game. Having two head does equal two brains so would equal slightly different views on things - especially the Duos which are more like conjoined twins than anything. But the brains are linked through the nerves in the spine which join at the shoulder area into one, they can if they think about it become one body and work together and even know to some extent what the other is thinking and feeling - they are in effect one person...just with split personality disorder.

and FYI - Genesis 2:7- "He blew the breath of life into the man and he BECAME a living soul" - he didn't get given one - soul is the entire living being, animals are also called living souls gen 1:24 - so no matter how many heads or personalities a being has - it will ALWAYS be one body one soul - the one and the same thing.

I would like just to point out that the sort of sexual 'sick foursome' you seem to be imagining with the 2-headed breeds REQUIRES FOUR BODIES - not 4 heads with 2 bodies, lol.

At least this is what friends (like logic and basic arithmetic, lol) have told me.

So, don't worry, be happy, and yours can make like a missionary or however you please to imagine the process.

Personally, I usually just click on 'breed' and hope for an egg, as I feel that my dragons are entitled to their privacy at moments such as these.

This is what I was thinking as I was reading that debate. Still only have two bodies to work with so I don't see the foursome thing going on.

.....though you know the two heads have an excellent reason for having a refusal since one head may be going "Woo hooo. Come here you sexy thing." While the other head is thinking "He has got to be kidding. I wouldn't hit that with a stick."

Yep. I just hit the button and pray that the dragon Gods grant me an egg.

Exactly - he he - probably why they are so picky - both heads have to like the others

also - this is where the duality idea came from

user posted image

yes this can and does happen in real life. It is the result of a twin merging while still in the egg. Dunno what his mentality is like but he started life as two bodies. Double yolkers are not common but do happen in chickens especially - but to have the pair of chicks grow and survive till after hatching is not, to have them merge into one is ultra rare.

Mysfytt> That kind of chimeraism does turn up in humans! Most people don't even know they have it (we're not exactly THAT gender dimorphic), they may only find out when fishy things happen with DNA tests since they carry two different sets of DNA. (There's some sad stories about moms almost losing their kids because their DNA samples didn't match their kids, only to find out they were basically their own twin and managed to get another DNA sample that matched their kids!)

So yeah, if humans don't even realise it, I doubt little budgies would. (Although on budgies it can be more obvious, like that handsome fellow that's half blue-mutation budgie!)

Edited by DorkJulian

That's an example of chimerism, not conjoined twins. Chimera are a single individual with patches of different genetic material, and are very rarely as striking as that parakeet(?). Conjoined twins also result from an egg splitting incompletely, while a chimera comes from the fusion of two embryos.

This is ALSO distinct from the X deactivation seen in most tortoiseshell cats; there, it's a single genetic code with certain gene copies deactivated for determining certain traits.

^ That's not true; it's just extremely rare for it to occur, and that's why human chimera were considered to be so extremely rare for so long.

Edited by Guillotine

Thank you!

Honestly this whole thread is starting to make me feel uncomfortable. Can we please just talk about dragons again, instead of pubic hair and sexual hang-ups? That's not the point of this site, unless I'm really missing something.