TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Wow I really love the ones earthgirl made, they are amazing! I like the ones from mysfytt too, but I don`t like that they have two differend colours.

Breathtaking sprites! Seriously, I am so impressed. Great work, spriters!!! I may have to consider starting some two-headed lineages, now...

Lol, goes to show different tastes - I thought the two different colours were cool, (not to mention being beautiful colours that are an interesting match) and matched the concept on the Splits.

And at least one can eventually catch some of them, lol, unlike the Opals.

Wow, these adults are awesome! I really thought I'd like the opals best, but I'm not sure now. The opals have the better color in my opinion, but I like the poses of the Dutones. All around great job to the spriters and to TJ!

Oh wow...the Lindwurms and Duotone's are amazing! ohmy.gif

Edited by DarkFire1

After reading their descriptions I got confused...

Those breeds are called two-headed dragons. Two-headed dragon(note it's in singular!) doesn't mean twins but one individual having two heads, but the breed official descriptions seem to be about syamese twins (so two beings, two dragons) instead of a two-headed dragon... (two headed can mean the same as 10-limbed - there is one individual having two heads which can both e.g. bite, give it more complex visual info...). So it is a two-headed dragon or syamese twins dragons? huh.gif

Bacause I'v always treaten a two-headed dragon as one dragon with one soul just two heads both controlled by one being, and if it has a mate, they make a couple, not a nasty foursome... mad.gif

Edited by Aniusia483

Well the adults of both species are extremely well-sprited, and amazing in their detail. So different from each other too! For some reason, tho', I'm just not falling in love with either. Suppose it's good that I haven't spent too many hours hunting. laugh.gif I'll probably keep one of each, trade any others, and go back to lurking for trios and dinos. smile.gif

VERY FUN release and thank you again to TJ and the two spriters. It's soooo much fun to see what every new dragon grows up to look like!

Those breeds are called two-headed dragons. Two-headed dragon(note it's in singular!) doesn't mean twins but one individual having two heads, but the breed official descriptions seem to be about syamese twins (so two beings, two dragons) instead of a two-headed dragon... (two headed can mean the same as 10-limbed - there is one individual having two heads which can both e.g. bite, give it more complex visual info...). So it is a two-headed dragon or syamese twins dragons?  huh.gif

Bacause I'v always treaten a two-headed dragon as one dragon with one soul just two heads both controlled by one being, and if it has a mate, they make a couple, not a nasty foursome... mad.gif

Actually, I've always seen them as 2 beings with one body. ^^

I mean like, 2 heads = 2 brains = 2 minds of their own = 2 (different)personalities = 2 souls.

They are like siamese twins, indeed. Except they will only breed their own two-headed kind. That's why they are special.

I'm not sure how 1 single dragon soul would work in this situation. smile.gif

You can't really compare a head with a limb. You can live without your limbs, but once your head's cut off, you instantly die. xd.png

Edited by earthgirl

Is anyone else suddenly tempted to name one of their new dragons "Nasty Foursome", or is it just me? I bet that falls under the "inappropriate name" rule, though. laugh.gif

I sure don't see many opals dropping in the forest today, but they are there, every so often. I think they'll be like nebula-rarity, once this scramble is over.

Actually, I've always seen them as 2 beings with one body. ^^

I mean like, 2 heads = 2 brains = 2 minds of their own = 2 (different)personalities = 2 souls.

They are like siamese twins, indeed. Except they will only breed their own two-headed kind. That's why they are special.

I'm not sure how 1 single dragon soul would work in this situation. smile.gif

You can't really compare a head with a limb. You can live without your limbs, but once your head's cut off, you instantly die. xd.png

Damn. So I can't breed them-_-

Head doesn't have to contain a brain to look like head;)

I have a hydra OC that has one brain in the main head, and the other heads don't have their own mind, they are like limbs, just eyes can send the visual information too. SO to me it's not really a problem to imagine that.

Those breeds are called two-headed dragons. Two-headed dragon(note it's in singular!) doesn't mean twins but one individual having two heads, but the breed official descriptions seem to be about syamese twins (so two beings, two dragons) instead of a two-headed dragon... (two headed can mean the same as 10-limbed - there is one individual having two heads which can both e.g. bite, give it more complex visual info...). So it is a two-headed dragon or syamese twins dragons?  huh.gif

Well, what do you think happens when conjoined twins get married? xd.png When two people share one body, it gets a little odd at times. There's nothing nasty about it, that's just the way it is for them. Even the original two-headed dragons are described as getting into fights with the other head. If they had the same mind they wouldn't do that, wouldn't they? It would be like your foot getting into a fight with your hand. Only people/creatures that perceive each other differently would fight since a fight is the result of having different opinions. Your foot and hand don't have different opinions!

The two-headed lindwurm's description has typos.

But I love both breeds. The undecided one surprised me. I didn't care much for the hatches... but the adults! Both of the twoheadeds are gorgeous. Thank you spriters!

Wow, both dragons look absolutely great. Any chance someone knows their rarity?

Since consciousness resides in the brain, they would be two beings sharing one body, but for ease in communication, they're referred to in the singular, as being one dragon with two heads/personalities.

Luckily, we're free to invest our individual dragons with whatever qualities we feel fits them or suits our fancy, although the conceptor/spriter might take exception to whatever fails to accord with the breed description.

Wow, both dragons look absolutely great. Any chance someone knows their rarity?

The lundwurms seem to be in more demand than the Duotones, I don't know if that makes them rarer or is a result of the fact that they are limited to a couple biomes instead of the whole cave. I guess we'll see?

I am in love with the Duotones - they seem like such a fun dragon.

Though I've got to admit the Two-headed Lindwurms are equally as awesome.

I extend my thanks to TJ, Mysfytt, and Earthgirl for these epic dragons. Though the more I think about it - I like the Duotones better, so no need to worry about me taking in more of those little Opal eggs.

Now if you'll excuse me - I'm going back to hunting the forest for Terrae eggs (seriously, there was an abundance yesterday and now I can't even find one)

Edited by ShorahNagi

I caught another blue opal in the Alpine; these are definitely going to be fairly common I think. That's wonderful because they are absolutely stunning. wub.gif

oh good gravy, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! O_O Thankfully after missing the drop, I caught 2 Duotones and one Blue Lindwurm x.x Cant wait to get my paws on more

I hope the Lindwurms are like the Dorsals and Ridgewings in regards to breeding because at this point that's looking like the only way I'll get a green.

Well, what do you think happens when conjoined twins get married? xd.png When two people share one body, it gets a little odd at times. There's nothing nasty about it, that's just the way it is for them. Even the original two-headed dragons are described as getting into fights with the other head. If they had the same mind they wouldn't do that, wouldn't they? It would be like your foot getting into a fight with your hand. Only people/creatures that perceive each other differently would fight since a fight is the result of having different opinions. Your foot and hand don't have different opinions!

But two-headed name says they can't be twins... Note that you don't call twins looking like that a two-headed person, are you?

Such twins with common genitals rarely get into sexual relationships... And what, a child has two biological mothers or fathers?

Damn, if it's like this here (Occassional'mutation' within a normal one-body-one-person speces can happen, but creating a whole species forced for sick foursomes? whatever idea is that? Those should breed like plants then instead...) then I'm afraid I need to get rid if them all(I mean those I've already bred) because they ruin Draffection ruling my scroll, if they're not two-headed dragons but twins-_-. I want to have nothing to do with that-_-

Maybe if they'd let me add descriptions saying mine don't have two beings within one body but one in a two-headed body, while head has nothing to do with containing another person... otherwise they're to be damned. Gah, all my effort put into catching them to be useless...sad.gif

And I've caught myself on arguing with myself already... so it's possible.

Edited by Aniusia483

I just spent 15 mins in the Forest Biome, and not a single opal showed up (it was fairly moving too as some people were nice enough to catch cave blockers). They were dropping at least 1 every 5 minute drop (and about 3 per hourly) 6 hrs ago. I hope this isn't a sign that they'll become harder to get. >.<

Edited by Iya_kin