TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

You make a fair point, but there really is no difference between Devon and Cornwall and the dragons you see on Dragon Cave.

The description for the original Two-Headed even says that the heads will fight for dominance. I believe it said something similar to: "both like to eat, even though they only have one stomach." Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

lol, that's true they couldn't. It's funny trying to picture that actually.  laugh.gif

I wish I could remember what happened in one episode where they used magic to split apart. (Not easy to remember something I saw 12 years ago.)

The show was pretty good. I just wasn't a fan of the sing-a-longs. *shudders* (is glad the MUTE button exists)

Bad quality, but I found it smile.gif

Now if you want the like 3 second split between Devon and Cornwall from The Quest for Camelot movie, I can try to find that too tongue.gif

Edited by Wahya

I just saw the adults, as always, Earthgurl and Mysfytt bringing us beautiful dragon sprites. I fear they are too beautiful I won't be able to get any now.

Psst, that's Earthgirl, not gurl. Earthgurl is someone else.

Beautiful adults! Thank you, spriters and TJ, for keeping DC a beautiful place!

This two-head, two-brain stuff is interesting, as far as it goes. If anyone is interested in rationale based on fact, we humans have two hemispheres to our brains, each with it's own "personality," one being the logical side, and one being the intuitive side. They are connected by a sheath of nerves called the corpus callosum. If the dragons had separate "hemispheres" of their one single combined brain resident in each head, and a corpus callosum long enough to connect the two...

Two personalities, two "brains" (the individual hemispheres), controlling one body (like our hemispheres do), but not quite so well with the Duotones. Might be a hereditary ACC that causes that.

/wikiknowledge biggrin.gif

Edited by snave

I'm stopping. I didn't mean to add to it, I was merely trying to smooth out the ruffled feathers. I often have to be the peacemaker in my family and hoped I could do the same here.

I need to concentrate on what I'm going to name my new dragons. I want to wait until I know their gender, but it's never easy.

I like the name someone else had for their two-headed. It reminded me of the name I gave to my first two-head which was inspired by the Yin/Yang theme.

Oh no I didn't think you were adding it wasn't a directed comment just an in general observation. biggrin.gif

My names are probably odd so far but eh, they make sense to me laugh.gif

I think I need to put something in my sig that says "I AM NOT A SPRITER." Geez people I'm Earth Gurl. I've always been Earth GURL. Ever since I was 10. With a U.

Plus I have no artistic talent. I have talent of the written word only.

I almost caught another green opal. I want another so bad. wub.gif

This two-head, two-brain stuff is interesting, as far as it goes.  If anyone is interested in rationale based on fact, we humans have two hemispheres to our brains, each with it's own "personality," one being the logical side, and one being the intuitive side.  They are connected by a sheath of nerves called the corpus callosum.  If the dragons had separate "hemispheres" of their one single combined brain resident in each head, and a corpus callosum long enough to connect the two...

Two personalities, two "brains" (the individual hemispheres), controlling one body (like our hemispheres do), but not quite so well with the Duotones.  Might be a hereditary ACC that causes that.

/wikiknowledge  biggrin.gif

Which is also how dolphins breathe and sleep at the same time-one half of the brain goes to sleep, while the other half monitors and make sure that the dolphin surfaces often enough to breathe, otherwise they'll drown. biggrin.gif

(secretly yearns for the ability to do this so I can go to sleep and still do things)

Edited by ylangylang

This two-head, two-brain stuff is interesting, as far as it goes. If anyone is interested in rationale based on fact, we humans have two hemispheres to our brains, each with it's own "personality," one being the logical side, and one being the intuitive side. They are connected by a sheath of nerves called the corpus callosum. If the dragons had separate "hemispheres" of their one single combined brain resident in each head, and a corpus callosum long enough to connect the two...

Two personalities, two "brains" (the individual hemispheres), controlling one body (like our hemispheres do), but not quite so well with the Duotones. Might be a hereditary ACC that causes that.

/wikiknowledge biggrin.gif

^ This.

How could I forget? xd.png

Yeah, so one head contains one half, the other one the other half, so there is ONE individual here, just like it was single-headed - just looks different and the spacement between brain halves is more distant than within one skull;) I guess that's how my two-headed dragons work, problem solved, I can go sleep in peace xd.png

Love can exist within couples only and is faithful to one for a lifetime.

Oh I see. So my mother no longer loves me.

/is shot

But love exists in many forms, and they don't need to romantic.

Yeah, so one head contains one half, the other one the other half, so there is ONE individual here, just like it was single-headed

The thing is though, that would not be a very good choice, evolution-wise. From the wiki article:

All hemispherectomy patients suffer at least partial hemiplegia on the side of the body opposite the removed or disabled portion, and may suffer problems with their vision as well.

This procedure is almost exclusively performed in children because their brains generally display more neuroplasticity, allowing neurons from the remaining hemisphere to take over the tasks from the lost hemisphere. This likely occurs by strengthening neural connections which already exist on the unaffected side but which would have otherwise remained small in a normally functioning, uninjured brain.[1] One case, demonstrated by Smith & Sugar, 1975; A. Smith 1987, demonstrated that one patient with this procedure had completed college, attended graduate school and scored above average on intelligence tests. Studies have found no significant long-term effects on memory, personality, or humor after the procedure,[2] and minimal changes in cognitive function overall.[3] Generally, the greater the intellectual capacity of the patient prior to surgery, the greater the decline in function. Most patients end up with mild to severe mental retardation, which is usually already present before surgery. When resecting the left hemisphere, evidence indicates that some advanced language functions (e.g., higher order grammar) cannot be entirely assumed by the right side. The extent of advanced language loss is often dependent on the patient's age at the time of surgery.[4]

Although initially thought to be limited solely to children, a recent study in 2007 by Dr. Shearwood McClelland III and Dr. Robert E. Maxwell indicated the long-term efficacy of anatomic hemispherectomy in carefully selected adults, with seizure control sustainable over multiple decades.[5]

Oh no I didn't think you were adding it wasn't a directed comment just an in general observation. biggrin.gif

My names are probably odd so far but eh, they make sense to me laugh.gif

I know, I just felt like I should apologize because my comment came after someone else asked to change the subject. (stupid slow signal *kicks it*)

I don't think they're that odd, I've had people tell me my username was odd. It's been my nickname since middle school after I screamed just like/as loud as a fire truck at the county fair. (don't ride big rides if you're afraid of heights. ...stupid dare.)

Anyway, when I can't think of a name I look at my movies and books and try to get inspiration from my favorite characters. I named my Winter Season Jaq Frost and my alt Black, Pitch Blaq.

Are we forgetting the new ones even have in their description that they are two individual minds?

Thanks Lagie, my apologies. Sorry to both earthgirl and earth gurl, that was an accident ^^:.

PS: When I was little, I LOVED DRAGON TALES wub.gif

I'm so tired of hunting >_<

but i can't stop... the more i take breaks the rarer they become

I don't know where this 'only breeds with it's own kind' thing started because I can't see it in the front page or the dragons own text - but you are slightly off track.

Splits are two headed dragons and could only breed with their own kind - ie other two headed dragons. Being that they were the only ones of their kind discovered thus far the lineages were pure blue split. Now with three other of 'their kind' meaning two headed dragons - they all 4 will be able to bred with each other, but not 'normal' one headed kinds, just as drakes are a separate breeding species with a few varieties, two-heads in all their varieties are also a contained breeding species.

Oh I see. So my mother no longer loves me.

/is shot

But love exists in many forms, and they don't need to romantic.

The thing is though, that would not be a very good choice, evolution-wise. From the wiki article:

Please, don't confuse the love types... they differ much enough. You wouldn't have a french kiss with your mom, would you? rolleyes.gif

The evolution doesn't always make sense. Just think of your hair and where they're placed... why do you need so much hair in intimate places? They rather disturb than do anything making sense(get dirty of your body fluids, can be a nest for hair parasites and so on).

Anyway, I'm for the brain halves concept for two-headeds with all my self. cool.gif

Edited by Aniusia483

Good to have that cleared up... swear I had a heart attack seeing that claim about the Duos!

Now that I'm full on eggs (and I already caught a "starter set" of one of each to gift a friend) I've been working on clearing out blockers, and catch new releases for gifting. Yay new releases!

The evolution doesn't always make sense. Just think of your hair and where they're placed... why do you need so much hair in intimate places? They rather disturb than do anything making sense(get dirty of your body fluids, can be a nest for hair parasites and so on).

Actually....

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/huma...n-body-hair.htm (mature content)

To me, things have to "make sense" before they get accepted, because that's how dragon cave rolls. When you make a dragon request, you can't say "heh magic".

Edited by ylangylang

Please, don't confuse the love types... they differ much enough. You wouldn't have a french kiss with your mon, would you? rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm for the brain halves concept for two-headeds with all my self. cool.gif

As a biologist, I could answer your question, but it wouldn't be appropriate for this forum. All I can say is, you should look that bit about personal hair up. There is a reason. Many in fact. One of which is to keep bad germs and dirt and stuff out. The rest you'll have to look up tongue.gif

Time for me to start finding names for my hatchlings...

I frequently use the codes for ideas...

Personally I love giving splits two names, because I feel each head is a separate individual. For example, Death and Dishonor. Haven't been able to come up with much for these new breeds though, ha ha.

Edited by Wahya

Personally I love giving splits two names, because I feel each head is a separate individual. For example, Death and Dishonor. Haven't been able to come up with much for these new breeds though, ha ha.

Opals and pain? xd.png or No pain no gain biggrin.gif

Hmm, I am wondering if the Duotone Dragon's description should be "... rend and bash their opponents" not "...rent and bash their opponents"

Anyhoo, I love the look of both new dragons. Thanks spriters.

Opals and pain? xd.png or No pain no gain biggrin.gif

That's actually not half bad considering how hard they are to catch now xd.png

That's actually not half bad considering how hard they are to catch now xd.png

No \where, now here (see what I did there xd.png)