TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Actually, I've always seen them as 2 beings with one body. ^^

I mean like, 2 heads = 2 brains = 2 minds of their own = 2 (different)personalities = 2 souls.

They are like siamese twins, indeed. Except they will only breed their own two-headed kind. That's why they are special.

I'm not sure how 1 single dragon soul would work in this situation. smile.gif

You can't really compare a head with a limb. You can live without your limbs, but once your head's cut off, you instantly die. xd.png

WHY? yuuuk!

Not really, depends on if the head contains a brain... In fantasy it's possible. + note all the lower animals(e.g. insects and less comlex) that dont' die if one cuts off their head but their body still works xd.png

Not really, depends on if the head contains a brain... In fantasy it's possible. + note all the lower animals(e.g. insects and less comlex) that dont' die if one cuts off their head but their body still works xd.png

I hardly think a dragon can be classified as a "lower animal". If you don't like them, say you don't like them. You don't have to say the idea of a breed is gross, because there ARE people who enjoy having two-headed dragons.

I hardly think a dragon can be classified as a "lower animal". If you don't like them, say you don't like them. You don't have to say the idea of a breed is gross, because there ARE people who enjoy having two-headed dragons.

Because the artists made a good job on the sprites I guess... I wanted them for this purpose but to me no art is worthy of tolerating a foursome...

Because they forget this aspect and don't really notice it. And they treat their dragons as primitive animals that are unable to love nor think... Sad. I thought DC dragons were supposed to be high intelligent species, not guinea pigs...

Because the artists made a good job on the sprites I guess... I wanted them for this purpose but to me no art is worthy of tolerating a foursome...

Because they forget this aspect and don't really notice it. And they treat their dragons as primitive animals that are unable to love nor think... Sad. I thought DC dragons were supposed to be high intelligent species, not guinea pigs...

To be frank, I don't really care if some dragon has a foursome or not and I don't think it's related to the new breeds' discussions. I sort of think of two-heads as embodying two different personas, they just happen to share a body.

The fact that they do have two different brains, and the two heads fight with each other and blah blah blah, doesn't mean that they're lower animals. There are plenty of human conjoined twins with two heads.

But two-headed name says they can't be twins... Note that you don't call twins looking like that a two-headed person, are you?

Such twins with common genitals rarely get into sexual relationships... And what, a child has two biological mothers or fathers?

Yes, conjoined twins do run into the "two-headed ___" description. It's usually discouraged for human twins, because it's insensitive, but 'two-headed' snakes, kittens, and calves abound.

As for such twins rarely getting into sexual relationships, I'm afraid you'll have to prove that one with some statistics--The Atlantic's research suggests otherwise, and that the common assumption that conjoined twins don't get it on has more to do with our own hang-ups.

Edited by schmupti

I think you might be over-reacting a bit. As you said, these are DC dragons, not REAL living animals (may they be lower, primitive, or insects) or humans, so I don't see the deal with you insulting the artists and everyone who likes them. If you don't like them, give them (or trade them) to someone who wants them.

Dragcave is an online web-browser based game. I hardly think the dragons can code themselves into intelligence.

Off on a tangent -

Did you notice the Two-headed Lindwurm description, "...especially when the moons are full..." But the Moonstone dragon description says, "...feeding off of plants and the moon’s power."

There would seem to be a discrepancy in how many moons there are in the dragons' world.

Edited by snave

Off on a tangent -

Did you notice the Two-headed Lindwurm description, "...especially when the moons are full..." But the Moonstone dragon description says, "...feeding off of plants and the moon’s power."

There would seem to be a discrepancy in how many moons there are in the dragons' world.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7576461

biggrin.gif

It's in the grammar patrol thread!

To be frank, I don't really care if some dragon has a foursome or not and I don't think it's related to the new breeds' discussions. I sort of think of two-heads as embodying two different personas, they just happen to share a body.

The fact that they do have two different brains, and the two heads fight with each other and blah blah blah, doesn't mean that they're lower animals. There are plenty of human conjoined twins with two heads.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/ju...s-san-diego-zoo

Just saying smile.gif

Do we know that opals appear less often in coast and jungle ???

Mine two-headed are not twins, but each just a two-headed ONE. I will never agree for idea of them to be twins, mine have one brain and one soul within the body, heads are just weapons and wider vision sense. As long as their official name is 'two-headed dragon' not 'twin dragons', they're just a dragon with two heads. And I'll stuck to that.

I love them all! Great job, kudos to the spriters smile.gif

I am a bit disappointed to see that the Duotone won't breed with other splits. I thought it would be so great to have 4 breeds to make gorgeous patterns with!

They're so very colorful, though, I'll bet they'll terrific in a lineage by themselves. I didn't see where it said that in the description, though.

Wait, Duotone's won't breed with other splits? wouldn't that be considered a different breed? what nooooooo!

I am a bit disappointed to see that the Duotone won't breed with other splits.  I thought it would be so great to have 4 breeds to make gorgeous patterns with!

Hmmmm? Where does it say that? D:

Mine two-headed are not twins, but each just a two-headed ONE. I will never agree for idea of them to be twins, mine have one brain and one soul within the body

Which is fine and awesome for your two-heads, but other people have other versions, and you DO have to respect the creator's opinions.

You would get upset if your two-heads get misrepresented. I don't see why you can't extend the same courtesy to other concepters.

Edited by ylangylang

The adults look lovely smile.gif

Need to stock up on the Duotone Dragon, I've only been catching and trading for the Opals because of their rarity.

Edited by isstiautng

Dude, why are people freaking out over the fact that Two headed dragons have two brains? honestly... chill out... It's a game. If the person who created them made them want to have their own personalities between heads, then that is how it is. If you think about it wrongly, that is your choice..

But honestly, have fun! enjoy the game, chill out a bit, be respectful..ok?

but respect the fact that both dragons have two different brains in each head that can control the body and have different thoughts and personalities.

I'm sorry, I was just very strongly reminded of this-

user posted image

xd.png

I'm sorry, I was just very strongly reminded of this-

user posted image

xd.png

I grew up on that cartoon so yes yes!

Also one is a guy and one is a girl sooooo yeah, woop

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

I grew up on that cartoon so yes yes!

Also one is a guy and one is a girl sooooo yeah, woop

I also remember them getting into fights xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

Mine two-headed are not twins, but each just a two-headed ONE. I will never agree for idea of them to be twins, mine have one brain and one soul within the body, heads are just weapons and wider vision sense. As long as their official name is 'two-headed dragon' not 'twin dragons', they're just a dragon with two heads. And I'll stuck to that.

How can they have one brain if they have two heads???

I am a bit disappointed to see that the Duotone won't breed with other splits. I thought it would be so great to have 4 breeds to make gorgeous patterns with!

Wha . . . t? Where?

And that's fine, if you want to see your dragons that way there is nothing wrong with that, but if other people like myself choose to believe that our own Two-Headed Dragons are two beings sharing one body then that is our own choice.

I look at other Two-headed Dragons in movies, There was the Two-Headed dragon from "Quest for Camelot" They were separate dragons with their own personalities. They fought and argued and only gained the ability to fly and breathe fire once they agreed and worked together.

There was that two-headed dragon from "Dragon Tales" One head was a boy and the other head was a girl.

There was also a movie that had the same view on Dragons that you do which was the Hydra from Disney's Hercules. True, it was a Hydra, but it was dragon-like.

I found your idea of your dragon that use's it's extra heads to see in different angles to be pretty cool. It could be very useful especially when hunting.

I think it'd be more fun to come up with names and descriptions for these awesome new dragons instead of (pardon the pun) butting heads on differences in opinions when we're all here for enjoy the lore of everything that is Dragon Cave. smile.gif

@ylangylang

you beat me to it! laugh.gif

I hadn't seen your reply until too late since my computer is lagging. Seeing their pictures reminded me that I named my frozen Two-headed Zaq and Wheezy. I didn't remember where I had heard of those names when I gave them that name until now. xd.png

Edited by Syiren

How can they have one brain if they have two heads???

One head is fake or the brain is not in any head but in the chest or whatever. I don't care, they are simply not two but one persona with one mind(noone ever argued with themself? I have it iften: I want to learn for studies but I don't want at the same time and there is a conflict even though I have one mind, am I not?), no matter where the brain is placed.

I have a hydra character, there is one main head with the brain and min and the other heads are brainless and mindless. Makes sense to me. I wanted sth similar to my two-headed ones.