TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I am a bit disappointed to see that the Duotone won't breed with other splits.

I think that was from a misunderstanding of what someone else said. It was something like "Two-heads would only breed with their own kind," which was taken to mean their own breed.

I've never seen anything that says some of the two-head breeds won't breed with the other two-head breeds. Of course, final proof will come when someone other than TJ has adults of all the two-headed breeds.

Because the artists made a good job on the sprites I guess... I wanted them for this purpose but to me no art is worthy of tolerating a foursome...

Because they forget this aspect and don't really notice it. And they treat their dragons as primitive animals that are unable to love nor think... Sad. I thought DC dragons were supposed to be high intelligent species, not guinea pigs...

I know you don't mean any harm but what you're saying comes out as a bit offensive in my opinion. Please reconsider how you word things.

The artist worked very hard on these sprites, spent a lot of time working on each individual pixel and to throw that all away just because you don't like the way a virtual dragon spirite is described isn't really fair.

Consider this too. Most living creatures have one head and the head is seen as an area in which the brain almost always resides. For a dragon to have two heads but only one brain seems slightly illogical. Something I don't see occurring in nature. For instance perhaps a "Fake" head or a tail which looks like a head is possible but for it to be a secondary head it is assumed that the creature which has that secondary head also has a secondary brain. If the other head did not have a brain you'd assume that it would not move it's eyes, nor breath nor eat. It would not make any logical sense.

Now finally this is the part that bugs me just a tiny bit. I understand you have your own opinions and outlooks however I feel that you really need to be a bit more senestive about what you're saying..There are men and women whom are within one body and to say that it's gross for them to be together with another person is to assume that we have a right to impose our personal beliefs on their sexual relations. I understand that you do not want or like the idea of two individuals in one body reproducing but please remember that these individuals.

Finally it's fine that you do not want to breed your dragons together, I can respect that fully but I suggest you don't think to deeply on how they breed. It doesn't have to be perverse or disturbing. Even Pokemon breed. But we don't have to think about the details so worrying about a foursome is pointless. That is all I'd like to say. I apologize if I come off strong and would prefer to stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you DC for creating these beautiful dragons. I'll be trying to catch them as soon as my convention is over!

I wanted sth similar to my two-headed ones.

Which is awesome and great, yeah, we all like it when fanon=canon, but sadly that's not something that always happens. /shrug.

Wha . . . t? Where?

I assume it is an interpretation of an excerpt of Earthgirl's post on the top of page 94, where she says

Except they will only breed their own two-headed kind
But I took that to mean, only other two-headed dragons (Split, GB, Opal, Duotone). Not only their specific breed.

I know you don't mean any harm but what you're saying comes out as a bit offensive in my opinion. Please reconsider how you word things.

The artist worked very hard on these sprites, spent a lot of time working on each individual pixel and to throw that all away just because you don't like the way a virtual dragon spirite is described isn't really fair.

Consider this too. Most living creatures have one head and the head is seen as an area in which the brain almost always resides. For a dragon to have two heads but only one brain seems slightly illogical. Something I don't see occurring in nature. For instance perhaps a "Fake" head or a tail which looks like a head is possible but for it to be a secondary head it is assumed that the creature which has that secondary head also has a secondary brain. If the other head did not have a brain you'd assume that it would not move it's eyes, nor breath nor eat. It would not make any logical sense.

Now finally this is the part that bugs me just a tiny bit. I understand you have your own opinions and outlooks however I feel that you really need to be a bit more senestive about what you're saying..There are men and women whom are within one body and to say that it's gross for them to be together with another person is to assume that we have a right to impose our personal beliefs on their sexual relations. I understand that you do not want or like the idea of two individuals in one body reproducing but please remember that these individuals.

Finally it's fine that you do not want to breed your dragons together, I can respect that fully but I suggest you don't think to deeply on how they breed. It doesn't have to be perverse or disturbing. Even Pokemon breed. But we don't have to think about the details so worrying about a foursome is pointless. That is all I'd like to say. I apologize if I come off strong and would prefer to stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you DC for creating these beautiful dragons. I'll be trying to catch them as soon as my convention is over!

AMEN

I'm a bit irritated with this, please don't disrespect the creator of the dragon OR the sprite OR the idea of conjoined anything having a relationship of their choice.

And that's fine, if you want to see your dragons that way there is nothing wrong with that, but if other people like myself choose to believe that our own Two-Headed Dragons are two beings sharing one body then that is our own choice.

I look at other Two-headed Dragons in movies, There was the Two-Headed dragon from "Quest for Camelot" They were separate dragons with their own personalities. They fought and argued and only gained the ability to fly and breathe fire once they agreed and worked together.

There was that two-headed dragon from "Dragon Tales" One head was a boy and the other head was a girl.

There was also a movie that had the same view on Dragons that you do which was the Hydra from Disney's Hercules. True, it was a Hydra, but it was dragon-like.

I found your idea of your dragon that use's it's extra heads to see in different angles to be pretty cool. It could be very useful especially when hunting.

I think it'd be more fun to come up with names and descriptions for these awesome new dragons instead of (pardon the pun) butting heads on differences in opinions when we're all here for enjoy the lore of everything that is Dragon Cave. smile.gif

I mentioned it in their names somehow, descriptions are too difficult to add (take far too much time).

I'd just wanted to point out that in those movies, which are meant for children, mating/breeding is not considered like it never existed xd.png

Devon and Cornval (I don't know the English spelling) were made to show the ideal of cooperation and to point out the flaws of arguing and nonconformity. They're made to show the message in the most blatant way, so the youngest can grab the message more easly;) It's a different thing.

I don't know the MF character, it never appeared in my country or I didnt't have a channel with them. But I guess they were at least fun to watch. + they couldn't simply go out and slam the door when pissed off by each other xd.png

If you want to go into the view of the dragons think about this:

If you are a two headed dragon, it would make sense for you to breed with another two headed dragon. THat would be normal to you because you have two heads. Maybe they are like twins(the separated kind) where they have very similar thoughts and think another two headed dragon is attractive.

Now think of it this way, You are a normal human, you think that humans with one head, one body, one set of arms, one set of legs, two eyes, two ears, a nose and a mouth is normal. You find other humans like you: Normal. You may be attracted to that other human but not the one that is conjoined because they are not like you. (please do not take offence to this, i'm trying to make a point and have no other way to explain it)

Would it be any different for you if the two headed dragons could breed to the single headed single minded dragons?

I think of two headed dragons kind of like one coin with two sides. To them, breeding with other two-headeds would be the most natural thing in the world, not a weird "foursome." They may actually consider only one head/personality in a body to be freakish, since two is normal for them.

Anyway, that's

user posted image

I think of two headed dragons kind of like one coin with two sides. To them, breeding with other two-headeds would be the most natural thing in the world, not a weird "foursome." They may actually consider only one head/personality in a body to be freakish, since two is normal for them.

Anyway, that's

user posted image

This explains my above post exactly. THank you smile.gif

I just saw the adults, as always, Earthgurl and Mysfytt bringing us beautiful dragon sprites. I fear they are too beautiful I won't be able to get any now.

But makes sense to me and it's enough. Maybe you just misunderstood me just like you misunderstood me about the sprites as arts (I never disrespected the work and time spent).

Anyway, I won't reconsider, none of my two-headed ones is meant to be twins, dot. Two two-headeds of my croll make two, not four. The end. I don't care if one invidual having two heads makes sense to you or not(a species that breeds syamese twins only makes less sense than one persona having two branless heads or one fake head next to the real one. And nope, sight wouldn't need an additional brain.), they'll have 'single-brained' included in their names nontheless and will be treaten so. They're meant to be in Draffection, not foursome.

But makes sense to me and it's enough. Maybe you just misunderstood me just like you misunderstood me about the sprites as arts (I never disrespected the work and time spent).

Anyway, I won't reconsider, none of my two-headed ones is meant to be twins, dot. Two two-headeds of my croll make two, not four. The end. I don't care if one invidual having two heads makes sense to you or not(a species that breeds syamese twins only makes less sense than one persona having two branless heads or one fake head next to the real one. And nope, sight wouldn't need an additional brain.), they'll have 'single-brained' included in their names nontheless and will be treaten so. They're meant to be in Draffection, not foursome.

Not trying to join in creating drama...

But technically sight would need a brain, the eyes are placed at the middle of the face, above the rest of the body and directly in front of the BRAIN because they are attached to the brain.

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Can we please be done talking about pixel-dragon sex now? rolleyes.gif

If somebody here earthquaked their eggs early, when will the first ones be growing up?

No point arguing with her about this, she is trying to promote personal ideas that are in her fantasy world...check the signature.

Personally I looooooove the 2 minds one body concept of the two headed dragons, makes for some fun description writing and to have them on such beautiful sprites is a plus.

Edited by Syleye

If you want to go into the view of the dragons think about this:

If you are a two headed dragon, it would make sense for you to breed with another two headed dragon. THat would be normal to you because you have two heads. Maybe they are like twins(the separated kind) where they have very similar thoughts and think another two headed dragon is attractive.

Now think of it this way, You are a normal human, you think that humans with one head, one body, one set of arms, one set of legs, two eyes, two ears, a nose and a mouth is normal. You find other humans like you: Normal. You may be attracted to that other human but not the one that is conjoined because they are not like you. (please do not take offence to this, i'm trying to make a point and have no other way to explain it)

Would it be any different for you if the two headed dragons could breed to the single headed single minded dragons?

I wouldn't mate without actual love. Love can exist within couples only and is faithful to one for a lifetime. If I had a conjoined, I'd do everythign to separate or would never mate nor let the other twin to do so, or I'd kill myself. I wouldn't let my beloved to be touched by my sibling. It's like letting a sibling to join and make a threesome, since we'd be twins, not one person.

It has nothing to do with attractiveness. I don't follow lust, I follow true love.

Anyway, let's stop with this. You won't influence me.

Not trying to join in creating drama...

But technically sight would need a brain, the eyes are placed at the middle of the face, above the rest of the body and directly in front of the BRAIN because they are attached to the brain +not you have 2 eyes, not one.

Nope. note your toes are controlled by THE SAME brain as the brain's nearby eyes no matter the distance difference. You missed the point.

I'm leaving this pointless discussion.

Edited by Aniusia483

Alright, i will stop... I just want to say that it's a little bit rude to go on and on about how it is wrong to make them have their own minds.

It's nature to them, just like it's nature to us to be attracted to another human.

I'm not trying to influence you, i'm trying to tell you that it's a bit disrespectful.

No point arguing with her about this, she is trying to promote personal ideas that are in her fantasy world...check the signature.

Personally I looooooove the 2 minds one body concept of the two headed dragons, makes for some fun description writing and to have them on such beautiful sprites is a plus.

Me too, most of my two-headed dragons have two names, one for each head. "Truth and Lies" is my favorite. Truth is the liar of the two, and Lies is the one that tells the truth!

I mentioned it in their names somehow, descriptions are too difficult to add (take far too much time).

I'd just wanted to point out that in those movies, which are meant for children, mating/breeding is not considered like it never existed xd.png

Devon and Cornval (I don't know the English spelling) were made to show the ideal of cooperation and to point out the flaws of arguing and nonconformity. They're made to show the message in the most blatant way, so the youngest can grab the message more easly;) It's a different thing.

I don't know the MF character, it never appeared in my country or I didnt't have a channel with them. But I guess they were at least fun to watch. + they couldn't simply go out and slam the door when pissed off by each other xd.png

You make a fair point, but there really is no difference between Devon and Cornwall and the dragons you see on Dragon Cave.

The description for the original Two-Headed even says that the heads will fight for dominance. I believe it said something similar to: "both like to eat, even though they only have one stomach." Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

lol, that's true they couldn't. It's funny trying to picture that actually. laugh.gif

I wish I could remember what happened in one episode where they used magic to split apart. (Not easy to remember something I saw 12 years ago.)

The show was pretty good. I just wasn't a fan of the sing-a-longs. *shudders* (is glad the MUTE button exists)

Thats great, kind of reminds me of the 2 guards in Labyrinth biggrin.gif

Okie dokie! Changing the subject...

To the person who wanted to thank the people who are being kind enough to take the cave blockers to make it possible for others to get the new releases... You're welcome.

However, I would really like to get a couple of the Opals myself. They are not as easy to catch as some seem to think, especially if your connection to DC takes 5-10 seconds to let you see the cave every time you refresh (even when only a handful of people are on long after a release and sometime in the hours between 3-6am), meaning that all your ever see are the blockers. (Funny, I can refresh other sites much more rapidly, it is only DC, even with the images off, that takes soooo long).

(Used to have half a chance when we were allowed to turn off Java)

Anyway....

So, if you are truly thankful that someone is clearing the caveblockers for you, I wouldn't mind if someone tossed one of those green Opals my way... Or, drop me a PM and we can work together! I'll clear and you catch! biggrin.gif

Edited by misslillierose

Mean... * nothing grabbed so far* I'm tired of this I go to bed. (3 o' clock in the morning in germany) sad.gif

I'm stopping. I didn't mean to add to it, I was merely trying to smooth out the ruffled feathers. I often have to be the peacemaker in my family and hoped I could do the same here.

I need to concentrate on what I'm going to name my new dragons. I want to wait until I know their gender, but it's never easy.

I like the name someone else had for their two-headed. It reminded me of the name I gave to my first two-head which was inspired by the Yin/Yang theme.

Yeeaahh, to much drama over this two headed stuff.

So on another note can all two headed dragons breed with each other or is it specific to each individual species of two headed dragon?