TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I cheerfully traded a green Opal egg for two blue Opal hatchies yesterday. I thought it was a reasonable deal and the other person seemed happy too, so.... *shrug*

well yeah, 2 blues for 1 green is manageable, but 1 for 1? not doing

well yeah, 2 blues for 1 green is manageable, but 1 for 1? not doing

I managed to catch 5 greens, 5 blues and 4 Duotones. But the greens were much harder to grab than the blues. It took me several hours. dry.gif

EDIT : 6 greens and 4 blues, not 5 / 5.

Edited by Bugzilla

I managed to catch 5 greens, 5 blues and 4 Duotones. But the greens were much harder to grab than the blues. It took me several hours. dry.gif

Congrats you caught any, sounds like you really scored some eggs! xd.png I think my computer jus loves the lag trol when ever I want it to go fast. :3 *pats computer* Well played friend...

Well played. >:|

New release catching, four days later = the art of staring at three unmoving cave blockers and willing everyone else in the room to BLINK FIRST. laugh.gif

New release catching, four days later = the art of staring at three unmoving cave blockers and willing everyone else in the room to BLINK FIRST. laugh.gif

So true! With only one open egg space, I don't want to be the one to grab the terrae or harvest in the forest so someone else can get the opal that is right behind it. I want them to grab it so I can get the opal! And so the eggs just sit there. sad.gif

Just waiting for an egg to hatch and there'll be one more of you waiting to click there! The good news for you all is that my reflexes aren't good! xd.png

Thanks for keeping it simple. smile.gif

How many people here are like me still hunting for their first egg? xd.png All I'm seeing now is people talking about the ones they have. xd.png

I still havent got an egg. But I stopped now, because it's nearly over. On Saturday the New Release Trading Tread will open and I hope I'll get one of each there.

I wish the greens were as easy (xd.png yeah right) as the blues. I would like to have had a pair of each... but if they are going to be like red dorsals, I guess that WILL happen. Eventually.... I still want to know if it is OFFICIAL that the coast/jungle drops are rarer...

According to the spriter (may she live forever) and to TJ (same to him, lol) they're just a colour variant.

Since Alpine moves faster, more Opals appear there, so people catch more blues than greens - and a lot of us seem to like the green way more, which also affects our perceptions.

Like others, I've spent a lot of time looking for Opals and while I have a slower system and other issues and would therefore miss seeing most of the more desirable eggs, I'd personally say that it's just a question of which biomes move faster to uncover the treasures within, the same reason as to why metallics - which can Drop anywhere -tended to show most in the fast-moving Desert.

(I didn't bother much with the Jungle, though, as it moves so much less than the Forest, although I tried it periodically, until I started snoring and woke myself up.)

Oh wow, I totally missed that there was a release. I remember when Mysfyt was working on the Duotones! Beautiful, they are. And those lindwurms! My gosh! wub.gif

Of course, I've only seen one Duotone in the biomes and none of the "opals" at all. |D Ah well, I'll just wait until the hype dies down, I suppose.

I have seen and missed more opals, including the green one, in the last 5 hours then in the last 3 days. I did manage to finally get some more blues, a paper and my first chicken today. I found two of the duotones in the AP this morning that have already hatched.

Wasn't there someone who asked if these would have a bsa?

I can say that female duotones don't. One of mine finally grew up ...and didn't produce an egg. xd.png

Wasn't there someone who asked if these would have a bsa?

I can say that female duotones don't. One of mine finally grew up ...and didn't produce an egg. xd.png

Some of my dragons from the last release produced once then failed these last 2 times. >_<

Misclicked on a swallowtail and locked for the night now - I'll do it all again in the morning!

Attention, owner of a slightly heavy, warm egg: Your egg is blocking the Forest unloading zone. Please move it immediately to allow traffic to pass or it will be towed.

dry.gif

"They are so fully separated, one heads can be asleep while the other is awake."

heads

anyway, thanks for the release while i was on vacation. and now i am sick, so looks like i cant get these. ill have to trade for em, but eh.

Where's my bucket...

How many people here are like me still hunting for their first egg? xd.png All I'm seeing now is people talking about the ones they have. xd.png

That would be me, yup yup. I only have one Duotone Dl

*thunks head against desk* Green opals...so pretty, but so hard to find. >.<

Still, much love and many thanks to TJ and the spriters for the absolutely beautiful new dragons!

I still havent got an egg. But I stopped now, because it's nearly over. On Saturday the New Release Trading Tread will open and I hope I'll get one of each there.

Agreed. I'm just hoping one part I can find a egg to be female and the other male on. With each egg. (But I'd be happy if I was gifted any period on the threes. ^-^ At least it would be something. ^-^ )

That would be me, yup yup. I only have one Duotone Dl

Hehe, still more than me though. tongue.gif number? 0. I'm a winner! biggrin.gif *flaps arms stupidly with fake joy* (Still grats on finding one though. :3 )

Edited by AveryCF

here's my question - can you get green from blue?

We won't know for sure until they start growing up.