TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Were the duotones really stubborn to hatch? The ones I forced refuse to grow up right now, so I'm curious. xd.png

For me-yes. Very much so. sad.gif

Were the duotones really stubborn to hatch? The ones I forced refuse to grow up right now, so I'm curious. xd.png

My first one grew up with 900 views and my second one is at 700 right now and it's close to hatching (it's at 4 Days and 1 Hour atm).

Did Earthgirl say which opal color was the original and which was the alt??

She did not. But we think the green Opals are the alts, based on:

1. New release picture only has two eggs in it, Duotone and blue Opal

2. TJ's embedded dragons in the first post have the blue Opals before the green

3. (Opinion) Even factoring in the slow-moving forest, the greens seem to drop more rarely

Clarification from an official source would be welcome, however.

anyone know what Bioms they are in because usually TJ posts where they can be found too.....so unless they are found in all bioms I would like to know where you can find the eggs too

anyone know what Bioms they are in because usually TJ posts where they can be found too.....so unless they are found in all bioms I would like to know where you can find the eggs too

Duotones are in all biomes

Blue Opals are in alpine and occasionally coast

Green Opals are in forest and occasionally jungle

Are the new realesed comming every 5 minutes or randomly. Could it also be that the realese time is ower and every biome turned to normal? (I know that those dragons will still be able to be catched but I mean that they don't come up so often anymore)

Are the new realesed comming every 5 minutes or randomly. Could it also be that the realese time is ower and every biome turned to normal? (I know that those dragons will still be able to be catched but I mean that they don't come up so often anymore)

Pretty much back to normal, I think, although what their normal frequency will be is hard to say.

She did not. But we think the green Opals are the alts, based on:

1. New release picture only has two eggs in it, Duotone and blue Opal

2. TJ's embedded dragons in the first post have the blue Opals before the green

3. (Opinion) Even factoring in the slow-moving forest, the greens seem to drop more rarely

Clarification from an official source would be welcome, however.

I have been told here several times that alts are ONLY blacks and vines, and that red dorsals - for instance - are just less common versions of purples...

Nebbies seem to be equally common now that the initial ratio thing where they all showed up red and green is over.

Just saying...

I just wish I could get another green opal. (the just released page shows both colours for me, BTW)

There is no such thing as Alt 2-Headed Lindwurm. >.> They're just 2 different colors that drop in different biomes.

Purple was made first. Then I recolored them green.

Thanks, earthgirl. smile.gif Does that mean that they are both equally common (or uncommon, as the case may be)?

There is no such thing as Alt 2-Headed Lindwurm. >.> They're just 2 different colors that drop in different biomes.

Purple was made first. Then I recolored them green.

Thanks for that - I suppose we can look at them like the coppers in that their color is based on Biome [Green = better camo in the leaves, Purplish-blue = better camo against water/stone]

And darn it - my Green doesn't want to hatch (at least, not for another hour or so)

Edited by ShorahNagi

I'd always looked at the Opals as just being a color variation.

Is it true that they will fall as the Trio does now? They will be 'Uncommon'?

whoopsie that might be against the thread rule - sorry

Edited by oddsoxdi

I STILL want to know - is it FACT that opals drop in alpine/ forest and LESS often in coast/jungle - or is that just a rumour ?

I have been told here several times that alts are ONLY blacks and vines, and that red dorsals - for instance - are just less common versions of purples...

Nebbies seem to be equally common now that the initial ratio thing where they all showed up red and green is over.

Just saying...

I just wish I could get another green opal. (the just released page shows both colours for me, BTW)

Yeah, I've been wondering where exactly that insistence is coming from.

Quote from TJ:

I count anything that has sprites other than their "base" sprites as an alt. Dorsals, nebulae, blacks, vines, etc.

I mean, I understand if people were saying that it's correct both ways, given that, for instance, earthgirl doesn't consider the Green an alt. But I wonder where it started that it's wrong to consider them alts. Because if TJ does then I think it's fair that people can use whichever term they choose.

Duotones are in all biomes

Blue Opals are in alpine and occasionally coast

Green Opals are in forest and occasionally jungle

Thanks for keeping it simple. smile.gif

How many people here are like me still hunting for their first egg? xd.png All I'm seeing now is people talking about the ones they have. xd.png

Thing is, the purple 2-heads were my Halloween submission for last year. ^^ I made the green 'alt' for myself, but since they weren't used as Halloween dragons, I decided to use them both as color variations, if they will eventually get in-cave.

Since they drop in different places, I could hardly call them alts. They're more like coppers, than ridgewings or dorsals.

But if people want to call them 'alts', I don't mind either way.

Their ratios should be the same.

Edited by earthgirl

Ugh... I hope the opals don't stay as rare as they seem to be now. If they're always going to be metal-tier, I'll never get a CB, since I missed the first day of the release.

Thing is, the purple 2-heads were my Halloween submission for last year. ^^ I made the green 'alt' for myself, but since they weren't used as Halloween dragons, I decided to use them both as color variations, if they will eventually get in-cave.

Well it's still cool to know why they come in different colors. :3 Yea, I can see how they could be halloween dragons still. xd.png Cool to know the back story of dragons. :3

Since they drop in different places, I could hardly call them alts. They're more like coppers, than ridgewings or dorsals.

But if people want to call them 'alts', I don't mind either way.

OMG looking at the purple on now with that thought in mine it looks like a perfect Halloween dragon. It's got the exact same coloring you'd see on an old, spooky haunted house.

I'm giving all of mine scary names now! laugh.gif

Ugh... I hope the opals don't stay as rare as they seem to be now. If they're always going to be metal-tier, I'll never get a CB, since I missed the first day of the release.

Like I'm going to try if my luck doesn't turn, you can always go on the gifting part of the forms and see if anyone will gift you a CB? I might try that if I still can't find any eggs of ether kind by the time this topic closes.

Never say never, and check your inbox biggrin.gif

I wish the greens were as easy (xd.png yeah right) as the blues. I would like to have had a pair of each... but if they are going to be like red dorsals, I guess that WILL happen. Eventually.... I still want to know if it is OFFICIAL that the coast/jungle drops are rarer...