Svataben

Unreasonable Demands

@DragonRider102 That's not a new thing unfortunately, I've had dragons with 'fake Thuweds' in their lines for years. It's why I always click on the Thuweds in the lineage to make sure.

Current unreasonable demand: All of my dragons in my longest-generations group need to just sort themselves by generation so I can see at a glance which ones are over/under the newly-decided threshold. (Also, at this point I guess it's an 'unreasonable demand' the fix the long-standing issue of some lineages not displaying generations properly, displaying negative-number gens, etc...)

actually i think this one is kinda reasonable.... (it's on one of another site i'm on)

when you click on a dragon page, i'd like it to show the groups i've put it in.... and maybe make those groups clickable, to take you to that group.

this is something that could be visible only to you, as a way of seeing where you put what dragons.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

actually i think this one is kinda reasonable.... (it's on one of another site i'm on)

when you click on a dragon page, i'd like it to show the groups i've put it in.... and maybe make those groups clickable, to take you to that group.

this is something that could be visible only to you, as a way of seeing where you put what dragons.

Reasonable enough for at least four people to make suggestion threads about it!  ;)  This one has links to the other ones:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/187885-add-links-to-groups-a-dragon-is-in-to-profile-page/?tab=comments#comment-9996906

8 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Reasonable enough for at least four people to make suggestion threads about it! 

oh good to know, thanks!

In trades: 

- that people wouldn't use the keyword "free" if it's not truly free (for any dummy egg). 

- that people wouldn't just say "offers", "nice offers" or "best offer". Now, I understand that the trader may not have anything specific in mind and would like a surprise but if I have no idea what type of dragons they like, I'm just clueless what to offer. Even a vague idea of what the trader would like or dislike (egg/hatchie, CB/even gen/messy, favorite/least favorite breeds...) would be super helpful. If the trading message is too small, there are other solutions: forum wishlist, groups in scroll...

- that the sentence "free for best offer" would disappear from DC.   😁

- that people wouldn't ask for "a mate for dragons in group X" then their scroll is either invisible or the group in question doesn't exist.

- that people wouldn't offer stuff I specifically said I would refuse (for example, inbred dragons). I wonder if they didn't read the trading message or are trying to trick me.

I'm grousing but overall, I'm glad of the trading feature. I managed to get some eggs by trading that I would struggle to catch or breed by myself.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Current unreasonable demand: All of my dragons in my longest-generations group need to just sort themselves by generation so I can see at a glance which ones are over/under the newly-decided threshold. (Also, at this point I guess it's an 'unreasonable demand' the fix the long-standing issue of some lineages not displaying generations properly, displaying negative-number gens, etc...)

Oooh ooh SUPPORT !

i wish avatars/zyus/prizes were all automatically protected from sickness since they take SO MANY views to hatch 🙄

That if I go out of my way and egg lock myself to breed your specific 2g pb request you don't take hours to accept ANOTHER offer instead of the one I made a minute after your trade listing. 😪 Why is it so hard to use decline???

I want a dragon with the code "Lukey". Maybe a Spitfire.  My dog, Lukey, passed away the other day, and I just want a dragon with his name as the code.  😪

{{hugs Emerald01}}

again, i'd like some kind of Incubate for Hatchies.

also, another one of my sites has a "Breeding Restoration Potion" that "can be used to restore breedings to a creature."  maybe we can have some kind of BSA that does that, so i don't have to wait a week before breeding a pair of dragons again!

My unreasonable demands:

1) being able to influence hatchies gender

2) an easier way to make neglected dragons

3) a less disorganized rainbow sorting

4) not having to wait 6 hours to abandon a cb egg, my brain can't keep up with all egg descriptions and often I pick the wrong egg :(

1 hour ago, trystan said:

again, i'd like some kind of Incubate for Hatchies.

Yes, please. Again.  *glares at so many high-timed hatchies*

18 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

My unreasonable demands:

1) being able to influence hatchies gender

3) a less disorganized rainbow sorting

4) not having to wait 6 hours to abandon a cb egg, my brain can't keep up with all egg descriptions and often I pick the wrong egg :(

The cooldown is 5 hours for a CB to be abandon-able, not 6, but yeah I get that. There's a suggestion in the Suggestions section to lower it to 3 hours, I believe. Also omg YES to rainbow-sort change, I think the idea of a rainbow sort is so cool but I won't use it because a *lot* of breed's placements don't make sense and it's not really 'rainbow' at all.

53 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

It would be nice if viewbombing an egg at 0 hours had like a 10% chance or something to make a ND. There needs to be a benefit for waiting past 4 days to ER eggs besides Siyats. 

Instead, you get (a short summary):

- Cannot breed your own experiments because it lowers the amount of views needed to hatch, thus lowering the chances

- Having to wait until LITERAL MINUTES are left to viewbomb your experiment

- Too many UVs? Experiment fail.

- Adding onto this, getting the exact time of death can be a PITA

- Having to use Zyus, Teras, or Guardians as your experiment bait because more possible views = more chances

- Needing to have your kill slots open if you have to force an egg or...

- Hope Earthquake doesn't kill the other eggs you have and...

- Hope you catch the forced hatchling/it doesn't die

- People who have this down to an exact science using NDs as trade bait for rare things like 2G salts or prizes that only a select and unique portion of this playerbase can offer

- None of this is guaranteed and you probably wasted a week for nothing

After nothing but failed attempts for years, I finally got one just this year, but it was a gift from one of those gifting threads. There are so many users that don't have NDs because of how ridiculously inaccessible they are. People talk about the inaccessibility of the earthquake variants but they've clearly not read how inaccessible NDs are.

Edited by Charu
lol forgot part of the summary

6 minutes ago, Charu said:

It would be nice if viewbombing an egg at 0 hours had like a 10% chance or something to make a ND. There needs to be a benefit for waiting past 4 days to ER eggs besides Siyats. 

Instead, you get (a short summary):

- Cannot breed your own experiments because it lowers the amount of views needed to hatch, thus lowering the chances

- Having to wait until LITERAL MINUTES are left to viewbomb your experiment

- Adding onto this, getting the exact time of death can be a PITA

- Having to use Zyus, Teras, or Guardians as your experiment bait because more possible views = more chances

- Needing to have your kill slots open if you have to force an egg or...

- Hope Earthquake doesn't kill the other eggs you have and...

- Hope you catch the forced hatchling/it doesn't die

- People who have this down to an exact science using NDs as trade bait for rare things like 2G salts or prizes that only a select and unique portion of this playerbase can offer

- None of this is guaranteed and you probably wasted a week for nothing

After nothing but failed attempts for years, I finally got one just this year, but it was a gift from one of those gifting threads. There are so many users that don't have NDs because of how ridiculously inaccessible they are. People talk about the inaccessibility of the earthquake variants but they've clearly not read how inaccessible NDs are.

I have admittedly never attempted to make a ND, because of how much time management, risk and exact calculation it requires (plus everything mentioned above) having a slightly increased percentage of getting a ND by viewbombing at 1 or 0 hours would definitely make the process a bit less nervewracking -_-

1 minute ago, Axl-fox said:

I have admittedly never attempted to make a ND, because of how much time management, risk and exact calculation it requires (plus everything mentioned above) having a slightly increased percentage of getting a ND by viewbombing at 1 or 0 hours would definitely make the process a bit less nervewracking -_-

I actually forgot about how you can't get too many UVs or it's an automatic fail, too. So yeah it's totally nervewracking. 

I want a descendant of a particular alt dragon that would be perfect colour-wise for a lineage I'm working on.  But the alt dragon in question is a spriter's alt

I wish I could see a Staterae in the cave. I probably wouldn’t be fast enough to catch it but at least it wouldn’t feel so pointless looking for one.

I also wish Market prices were capped (at 4000 or 5000) because saving to buy a Stat feels like chasing a moving target. 

I demand the site change the biome info ("Location") for any Sapphire that goes pink to the AP, because it IS the only place they can come from.

I demand another xeno release. Dual element hybrid xenos. One for each combination! Bridz's drawing fingers shall burn to stumps from the sheer amount of labor that will go into it but sacrifices must be made!

Edited by blockEdragon

I want a tool on my scroll that tells me how many I have of each breed, their sex, stage, and then generates a list of breeds I don't have.  

24 minutes ago, Bodecia said:

I want a tool on my scroll that tells me how many I have of each breed, their sex, stage, and then generates a list of breeds I don't have.  

i second this!

on another site i'm on, in their Encyclopedia ("The Bestiary"), on each of the creature pages in there, it'll tell you how many of each you have - eggs, hatchies (m/f) and adults (m/f) and frozen or unfrozen (since you can freeze eggs on this site) - and what group (tab) you put them in as well.

6 hours ago, Bodecia said:

Omg yes. I have literally spent hours going through my different breeds to update my spreadsheet (that seems constantly out of date, oops).

Also, I could really use a lineage-combing tool, similar to what Allure has to indicate if a dragon is inbred or not, except I could put a name or partial name in and the tool would search the full lineage to see if that dragon is anywhere in the lineage. (Trying to trace where exactly a Thuwed/Dorkface may be in a 100+ gen lineage is not easy! and see earlier post about fake-Thuweds, I always track them down in my lineages to make sure they are the real deal...)

i WANT a wAY to fULLY Age EVERYTHING oN my SCROLL UP tO ADULTS ALL aT onCE!!!!111!!!!1!!!!!!!111111!!11!!

I want people not to be so stingy with their GON children. I’ve summoned one in 4 years and it refuses the rest of the time.