Svataben

Unreasonable Demands

I wish the Valentine's Day dragons had less delicious descriptions for their eggs. "This egg looks delicate and sweet" honestly just makes me want to eat it, not raise it! 😅

I wish I could breed bred-this-year holiday dragons during breeding week, but they'd give the non-holiday breed (and refuse other holidays). I want to continue my projects already.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:33 AM, blockEdragon said:

^yessss, these old-breed walls are so annoying!

It would be nice if older/densely-populated breeds produced less than the young/scarce breeds and those produced more. Something along the lines of:

Youngest/rarest breed: always four

Younger/scarcer breed: 3-4

Older/more-prolific breed 2-3

Oldest/most-common breeds: always 2

I've been thinking along the same lines!  Though I didn't work out a whole scale, just think that the newest breed should always produce 3-4 eggs.  Mostly 4, but with a smaller chance of 3 (say, 25% of the time?).  Everything else I'm fine with leaving to random chance.  :)  I've been around long enough to remember the horrendous scarcity of Val'09 eggs, back in the day (TM), so I wouldn't want to constrict older breeds too much for fear of bringing that back.  (There was a time when something like this was an AP find to be proud of, and probably took hours of hunting to catch!)  

I want either infinate slots or all my eggs and hatchies to turn into adults whenever I snap my fingers XD 

So many nice things but alas no room!

11 hours ago, sorenna said:

I've been thinking along the same lines!  Though I didn't work out a whole scale, just think that the newest breed should always produce 3-4 eggs.  Mostly 4, but with a smaller chance of 3 (say, 25% of the time?).  Everything else I'm fine with leaving to random chance.  :)  I've been around long enough to remember the horrendous scarcity of Val'09 eggs, back in the day (TM), so I wouldn't want to constrict older breeds too much for fear of bringing that back.  (There was a time when something like this was an AP find to be proud of, and probably took hours of hunting to catch!)  

True, there was a time where doing this would have been awful but things have changed since DC was that young. Now CBs are back and years upon years of breeding and a growing userbase has left the older breeds with monstrously high populations, it's not like cutting the arsani wall down to a quarter at worst would make them scarce by any measure.

I wish people with alt Sweelting scrolls were not able to get normal Sweetlings.

I also demand to recieve a CB Avatar of Creation with the code "Shaku" because that's my Own Character/Persona and I want it SO BADLY.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

I want the release of a Two-headed Pygmy Drake! It would be able to breed with Two-headeds, Pygmies AND Drakes but NONE of the regular-sized single-headed dragon folks XD

(Imagine the lineages!)

@Ruby Eyes Now I'm wondering if something like that exists in real life, i.e. an animal that can produce offspring with two other types of animal, but the other two can't produce offspring with each other?

E.g. is there something that can breed with horses, but not with donkeys (so horses would be the "compatible with both" animal)?

Or something that can breed with lions, but not with tigers?

Then maybe this wouldn't even be an unreasonable demand...  :D

@Confused Cat How about domestic cats? They've been bred with Servals (creating the Savannah cat) and Leopard Cat (creating the domesticated Bengal cat).

Of course, all those cats are not very distant relatives to begin with ... and I'm not sure if anyone has attempted to breed Servals and Leopard Cats together.

Further research points to attempts with Margays as well, but it seems that branch hasn't been continued, and several more ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes
fixed some translated breed names

6 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

@Ruby Eyes Now I'm wondering if something like that exists in real life, i.e. an animal that can produce offspring with two other types of animal, but the other two can't produce offspring with each other?

E.g. is there something that can breed with horses, but not with donkeys (so horses would be the "compatible with both" animal)?

Or something that can breed with lions, but not with tigers?

Then maybe this wouldn't even be an unreasonable demand...  :D

Look up "ring species"! 

Basically, there are animal "species" where "Subspecies A" and "Subspecies B" can interbreed where their ranges touch, and "Subspecies B" and "Subspecies C" can interbreed where their ranges touch, and so on, but "Subspecies G" and "Subspecies A" cannot interbreed.  There are many, many arguments as to whether they are all subspecies of the same species, or some number of separate species, and if so, how many distinct species are involved, etc.  :)

20 hours ago, sorenna said:

Look up "ring species"! 

Oh, that's cool! Thank you for posting!  :)

So if e.g. Pygmies and Drakes were two ends of a "ring", we could add, um, Drygmies between them, and they could breed with both.  :D

9 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Oh, that's cool! Thank you for posting!  :)

So if e.g. Pygmies and Drakes were two ends of a "ring", we could add, um, Drygmies between them, and they could breed with both.  :D

Biology is weird and cool and I love it.  ❤️ 

Yes, there could be a new intermediate species that allows the crossover!  Or it could even be done with species we have now - maybe all pygmies can breed with each other, Yellow Pygmies can crossbreed only with Dayglories and Ochres, all drakes can breed with each other, and Misfit  and Magelight Pygmies can only crossbreed with Vremya drakes, creating a 'ring' that passes through {list of pygmies}-Yellow Pygmy-Ochredrake-{list of drakes}-Vremya-Misfit Pygmy-{list of pygmies}, forming a 'ring' that passes through all the pygmy and drake breeds but can't cross over at random points of the circle.  :)

Edited by sorenna

I hope that the moment I look at the phrase written under the CB egg, the appearance of it will be “insight” in my eyes. It would be very useful especially when I see eggs that share the same or similar phrases...

less of a truly unreasonable demand, but more of something thats a minor inconvenience and i wish it were GONE but its not worth making a thread for. i wish dead eggs didnt stick aorund on my scroll for so long, i make a lot of NDs and its such awful visual clutter, i wish theyd vanish! i cant see!!

That for 5 minutes, only eggs I want appear in the habitats page. And that no one else can click them. Like if DC could somehow get a brain chip that reads what I really want that would be great. 

I spend too long on the AP just being indecisive and clicking on shiny things because they're shiny.

I want the Volcano to populate with only Equinoxes with codes I collect next time I go there :D So, right now!

I want all those people who offer something for "free" in the trading section to actually pick a random offer that they get and just accept it, Free is free. If they want to pick and choose, they should ask for offers instead.

Ummm, and I want my offers to be instantly accepted or denied. No waiting.

On 2/28/2021 at 1:18 AM, PrincessLucy said:

YES!

Also, I would like a proper "Have:" field in the hub, and I want people to use it with a unified code to describe their offerings, and I want a separate filter field for the "Haves".

Oh, and the word "nice" should be forbidden in both "Have" and "Want" fields. How am I supposed to know what *you* think is nice? Or how the heck am I supposed to find trades for Ice tragons in between all those trades for wishy-washy "nice" offers?!

And while I'm here: I want to be able to teleport-bounce stuff to myself. XD

ALSO, I want Cantormaris eggs which have been warded to hatch into plain white hatchlings - albino Cantors!

Additionally, If the last action on a Cantor egg was to fog it, it should hatch grey.

And finally, if I just picked it up from the AP without any further modifications, it should hatch green - it got moldy on the AP :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 3/2/2021 at 4:40 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

ALSO, I want Cantormaris eggs which have been warded to hatch into plain white hatchlings - albino Cantors!

what a cute idea!!

the others i'd be so frustrated with but honestly, super fun concepts XD 

my current unreasonable demand is i want all of my purples to come off cooldown OR all of my dragons just not refuse for the time being so i can breed my important first-time pairs without fear!!

On 2/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, PrincessLucy said:

I want all those people who offer something for "free" in the trading section to actually pick a random offer that they get and just accept it, Free is free. If they want to pick and choose, they should ask for offers instead.

IKR? They put a trade then take a 4-6 day vacation. Don't even think about the trade growing up while they're off piddling.

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

IKR? They put a trade then take a 4-6 day vacation. Don't even think about the trade growing up while they're off piddling.

ive had someone put "free" on their trade, wander off for like, a day, and then DELCINE it when they came back! WHAT?

Pretty sure I've posted this one before, but my current unreasonable demand is increasing the number of freeze slots we have. Or lowering the cooldown to one week instead of two, that would help a lot.  Also it'd be nice to be able to 'stun' an egg like you can a hatchling, giving that extra day of wiggle-room while waiting for freeze slots to come back... 

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Pretty sure I've posted this one before, but my current unreasonable demand is increasing the number of freeze slots we have. Or lowering the cooldown to one week instead of two, that would help a lot.  Also it'd be nice to be able to 'stun' an egg like you can a hatchling, giving that extra day of wiggle-room while waiting for freeze slots to come back... 

We used to have unlimited freezes. I miss those days.

I'd love to start my Start Xeno and omen wyrm project but perhaps my more unreasonable demand is that i want it to stay a stat xeno not one of the other breeds. 

How can everyone else be so lucky to bred more stat eggs but i can't?

Or maybe let the trading hub suddenly full up with random yellow, green, blue and purple dino eggs just so i can finally finish unlocking all the eggs in the market and encylopedia.

I need to observe two more yellow and green eggs to unlock those and the same probably goes for the blue and purple if not more since those are still "undiscovered" breeds.

Does having a completed egg market/encyclopedia and to have a perfect g2 stat xeno seem to unreasonable?

14 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

what a cute idea!!

the others i'd be so frustrated with but honestly, super fun concepts XD 

Also, why stop at FOUR colours?! XD