Svataben

Unreasonable Demands

When I first registered, I thought that there was genetics on this site, and every breed was simply combination of "genes", so you could receive an unexpected offspring when breeding two different "species" (or even same breed dragons, but with different hidden genes) (that would make creating lineages harder). The new hybrid reminded me that I still dream of that)

For me that would be "Have this, it's free for XY", while XY is anything other than a dummy egg.

If it's for best offer it's not free

if it's for a CB it's not free

If it's for a hatchie it's not free

if it's for species X ot's not free

This annoys me to no end.

It's perfektly okay to demand something in return for your stuff, just why can't people be honest about wanting something in return? Just be upfront with it and say you are exchanging your stuff for whatever you want and be done with it.

8 hours ago, Nalyua said:

For me that would be "Have this, it's free for XY", while XY is anything other than a dummy egg.

If it's for best offer it's not free

if it's for a CB it's not free

If it's for a hatchie it's not free

if it's for species X ot's not free

This annoys me to no end.

It's perfektly okay to demand something in return for your stuff, just why can't people be honest about wanting something in return? Just be upfront with it and say you are exchanging your stuff for whatever you want and be done with it.

This drives me up a wall, too!

It's a TRADING page; it's 100% expected that you will accept the best offer!  But something isn't "free" in that case, it's just being traded.  Which, again, is entirely what people expected anyway on a trading page; you're only confusing the issue by saying something is "free" when you're very obviously taking bids for it. 

Honestly I think the word should just be banned from the trade page entirely.  If you want to give something away, then "Want: any egg" or "Want: any hatchie" gets the idea across just fine, and hopefully keeps both traders and offerers clear on how to proceed.

Edited by sorenna

18 minutes ago, sorenna said:

This drives me up a wall, too!

It's a TRADING page; it's 100% expected that you will accept the best offer!  But something isn't "free" in that case, it's just being traded.  Which, again, is entirely what people expected anyway on a trading page; you're only confusing the issue by saying something is "free" when you're very obviously taking bids for it. 

Honestly I think the word should just be banned from the trade page entirely.  If you want to give something away, then "Want: any egg" or "Want: any hatchie" gets the idea across just fine, and hopefully keeps both traders and offerers clear on how to proceed.

I hear you, but I disagree the word “free” should be banned. I and others use it to give away actual free stuff as in “free, offer dummy AP egg.”  I don’t usually post those on the forum.  (Speaking of the forum, realizing it’s a separate entity; nonetheless: The trading threads on the forum have traditionally included free offers—players giving away dragons, sometimes on a one-way link and sometimes on a two-way link.)

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

I hear you, but I disagree the word “free” should be banned. I and others use it to give away actual free stuff as in “free, offer dummy AP egg.”  I don’t usually post those on the forum.  (Speaking of the forum, realizing it’s a separate entity; nonetheless: The trading threads on the forum have traditionally included free offers—players giving away dragons, sometimes on a one-way link and sometimes on a two-way link.)

Well, it's a bit of an unreasonable demand.  Given the thread we're in.  :D 

And the forum is definitely different.  There's no reason to restrict forum comments; there's certainly no character limit on trading forum comments like there is on trades!  I feel like I see a lot fewer people misusing "free" here, too, for whatever reason, but even if someone posts a "free" egg on the forums that isn't free, other players have the option to reply or PM for clarification, which is impossible on the trading post.  (If 'free' were banned in the trading post, though, you could always list things as "Gift egg - offer dummy" or "will take first offer," etc.) 

I want a "If you list something as free you're not allowed to ask for anything specific in return" rule. Be it hatchlings, eggs, drakes, breeds, lineage, no lineage, nothing.

3 hours ago, sorenna said:

Well, it's a bit of an unreasonable demand.  Given the thread we're in.  :D 

Yeah :lol: Okay. My unreasonable demand is: I want nothing in the Cave for a month except Gold, Silver, Copper eggs, oh and CB Prizes :o

Wouldn’t that be fun, to catch nothing but metals for a month? :iraptor:

Right, "Free, offer a Dummy" is perfectly fine, the AP is full of potential dummies which you can just pick up.

My pet pieve ist really the "free for any XY" where XY is something specific (like a hatchie, a CB, best offer and the like). If it's a dummy then that is perfectly fine.

I mean I am not even saying that the things asked are completely bonkers, in fact a lot of the things demanded there are perfectly fair trade suggestions (even though there's the normal amount of request that are just off the handle). But I do not get why people are not upfront with it and just say "yes I expect something in return". I mean that is a perfectly valid approach, no one wil respect you any less if you ask for a trade instead of gifting every single thing. I don't gift out everything either and that is just fine.

Edited by Nalyua

I want there to be 100 biomes. And in each of those 100 biomes, 100 eggs. And for each of those 100 eggs to be a cave born Gold Shimmer. That is all. XD

pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeeee get rid of the 5 hour waiting time to abandon CB eggs.........accidentally grabbing one you don't want via misclick and then being egg locked for 5 hours is so deeply depressing!!!!!

I wish people would leave their trade offers up longer. I can't be on to check all the time, I work full time and need to sleep. It's frustrating and disappointing to get a notification for a trade offer, see it's what I need then go to accept it and it's already long gone. =/

I wish to know what the adult sprites look like when a dragon is recently released.

I wish when I received eggs in a trade that they had no views on them. I hate it when the egg grows up at exactly 4 days because it received views on it before I acquired it. 🙄

It makes me have to rush my trades. It takes away three days of trading that I would otherwise have. The eggs hatch too soon. I feel rushed.

Please stop putting eggs in hatcheries if you’re planning on trading them. 

I know this is an unreasonable demand; thus, I am putting it here! Still, it would be nice if people did this. You do know that I can easily catch up on all of those views in a few hours by throwing it into a ton of hatcheries?

ETA: The trader had it in three hatcheries PLUS I found it in Daily Dragon Fix as protected 🙃 ... glad I thought to look there ... :angry:

Edited by missy_

On 6/30/2021 at 11:32 AM, Chaosdawn said:

I wish people would leave their trade offers up longer. I can't be on to check all the time, I work full time and need to sleep. It's frustrating and disappointing to get a notification for a trade offer, see it's what I need then go to accept it and it's already long gone. =/

THIS.  I mean, just leave it a couple of hours?  Please??

Is it *really* such an unreasonable demand that when I'm looking for specific commons in the biome I could actually see at least one or two a day? They are supposed to be common, after all! 

On 6/30/2021 at 5:32 AM, Chaosdawn said:

9 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

THIS.  I mean, just leave it a couple of hours?  Please??

I get this. I do, but then I have the opposite problem: I leave a trade up all night, waiting for the trader to do something. 12 hours (or many more) go by and nothing has happened. By that point, I give up, cancel the trade, and try to find someone who might be interested in what I have to offer.

ETA: In all fairness, I did this once. I forget to whom, and the circumstances, but they waited too long. And I am deeply sorry.

ETA2: Sometimes, in our trades we have those special things we are after. Such as auto for a CB Gold. In that instance, I understand that the trader is probably waiting for that perfect offer. At that time I have to decide whether I’m willing to wait to see if they get that perfect offer or not.

~~~~~~~

So, I suppose my unreasonable demand is this: traders, look at your trades every once in awhile, and if an offer isn’t appealing to you, click decline. Put the poor offerer out of their misery and show some respect for their time and their eggs/hatchlings, which are growing fast, as dragons do.

I do wish we had more room in the text box to leave an estimate for when we will be back to check our trades. I like to say “Will check in AM” but sometimes there isn’t room in the box for that. (Also, no way to put a time zone, but at least it gives them an idea that I am probably asleep.)

Edited by missy_

48 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I do wish we had more room in the text box to leave an estimate for when we will be back to check our trades. I like to say “Will check in AM” but sometimes there isn’t room in the box for that. (Also, no way to put a time zone, but at least it gives them an idea that I am probably asleep.)

Omg yes, I guess at this point it *is* an 'unreasonable demand' asking for more space in the want box, I've been posting about that since the hub was first introduced. I think it's awesome if traders are able to include a little time-note, especially since this is an internationally-played site so not everyone is going to be on around the same times. 

When I offer on a trade I leave the offer for at *least* 12 hours, with the very rare exception (if the offer gets sick, etc). I usually try to leave the offer for closer to 24 hours, since I do realize most users have lives/jobs/etc, plus timezone issues... But I guess my 'unreasonable demand' in this area is basically, don't put a trade up and then immediately disappear? I've offered on trades that were *just* posted and the offer hangs for 15+ hours. I get that people have stuff to do, but it would be nice if everyone who posted a trade would stick around for at least 15 minutes or so to make sure there aren't any immediate offers. And maybe it's too much to ask, but if you know you'll be away for an extra-long time (like longer than 24 hours) either say so or wait to put the trade up. (Personally I won't even put up a trade before bed, because I get too worried someone will offer and get annoyed that I didn't respond.)

Right now my unreasonable demand is that Reds should take *two* days off the timer, or at least a day and a half. Or, I guess more eggslots would also work, when it comes to 'having too many high-timed eggs', lol.

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

But I guess my 'unreasonable demand' in this area is basically, don't put a trade up and then immediately disappear? I've offered on trades that were *just* posted and the offer hangs for 15+ hours. I get that people have stuff to do, but it would be nice if everyone who posted a trade would stick around for at least 15 minutes or so to make sure there aren't any immediate offers. And maybe it's too much to ask, but if you know you'll be away for an extra-long time (like longer than 24 hours) either say so or wait to put the trade up. (Personally I won't even put up a trade before bed, because I get too worried someone will offer and get annoyed that I didn't respond.)

Right now my unreasonable demand is that Reds should take *two* days off the timer, or at least a day and a half. Or, I guess more eggslots would also work, when it comes to 'having too many high-timed eggs', lol.

Oh my gosh, yes. This exactly. I have offered on a brand new trade, and then the person appears to disappear for a day. It would be so considerate if they would take a few moments to consider new offers. If it is an offer they absolutely have no interest in, just go ahead and click decline. I’m like you: I tend to put up new trades when I will be around. The one exception is a trade that is what I will call an “ongoing“ trade, something I have had up for a few days, and maybe things are going to grow up soon. Occasionally, before I go to sleep, I might repost one of those “ongoing” trades with the intention of looking at it when I awaken. I try to add “Will check in AM,” but there isn’t always room.  There isn’t a lot of DC activity in my time zone at night, anyway.  Most of the time, I just leave the old trade up, buried in the Trading Hub, because I know I won’t be awake to look at it. Or sometimes I cancel my old trade and offer my dragons on someone else’s trade. That way, at least I’ve made an offer to someone while I am asleep, and I may wake up and find new dragons on my scroll.

Another “unreasonable demand:” I wish we had a third button, along with Accept and Decline. It would be nice to have a “Under Consideration“ or “Maybe” button. That way, at least people know the offer has been seen and is being considered.

Usually I'll leave my offer on a trade until it gets accepted or rejected.  The frustrating part is when you leave it on that long, sometime offering exactly what the trader is asking for, only to have the trade cancelled when the egg hatches, or the hatchling grows up.

However, something that maybe traders might not think about: If after I've offered, but before it's been accepted or declined, I see something else that I like more, then I will cancel and transfer my offer on the other trade.  So whether a trader is waiting for a better offer, or simply hasn't had time to check in yet, that's just a risk that they have to live with.

And my personnal "unreasonable request": When you're offering a bred hatchling, or when a bred egg goes under the 3-day limit, would you please specify it it will gender correctly. 

Edited by Pourlemoment
typo

On 7/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Is it *really* such an unreasonable demand that when I'm looking for specific commons in the biome I could actually see at least one or two a day? They are supposed to be common, after all! 

Argh, this!  I swear it's like they know you're coming for them and they all go hide.  Then you sit there staring at the Coast going, "Every single time I come here I see half a dozen Flamingo eggs in ten minutes, and now there hasn't been one for an hour?  Have I somehow ended up in Bizarro World?"  XD 

I wish  the sorter actually worked more often  ...  and consistently when it does.

For Xenowyrms to appear in all biomes, not just Desert! Some Xenowyrms are supposed to be reasonably common (they are only 100 shards in the Market) but I’ve never seen one in the Cave, much less been able to catch it.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:49 AM, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

For Xenowyrms to appear in all biomes, not just Desert! Some Xenowyrms are supposed to be reasonably common (they are only 100 shards in the Market) but I’ve never seen one in the Cave, much less been able to catch it.

Unless something drastically changed recently, Xenos can be found in all biomes. Different *types* of Xenos are found in different biomes, so certain types are only in the Desert, but as a whole they are available everywhere. (Unless you mean they are so rare in the cave you've only ever seen them in the Desert, which... Yeah, that's understandable. I've only see three or four in the past few months.)

Current unreasonable demand: I want all my groups to be magically added to a spreadsheet complete with identifying descriptions and links. Oh, and I want spreadsheets in general to be much easier and faster to do. 

edit: Another unreasonable demand: I'd like to retroactively 'stun' some regular Electric adults that were grown before the alt was introduced. I have plenty of regular-Electrics, more than my scroll goals need... And I have a naming scheme for the alts that just won't work with certain lineages. I have more than a few older regular Electrics that would be perfect in my alt group.

Edited by HeatherMarie

A nexus egg is 1,600 shards and a nebula is 700. Why can't I just swap my CB nexus in for a market nebula...?

Despite being so much more expensive, nobody seems to want to trade me a CB nebula for it ._.

also I still want hamsters to be added.

For the sudden new trend of faking a dorkface/thuwed dragon to stop being a thing.
I'd like to adopt an egg that when i look at the lineage they don't have like, 4 different dragons in the past all randomly named "thuwed" or "dorkface" but aren't actually related to either of those lineages just to make them seem more valuable.

*[shakes fist at the five eggs that have done this to me tonight]*