AlternateMew

Zombie advice

46 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I am literally going to scream.

Like, 6 dragons. 5 dodges. Is this NORMAL or am I doing something wrong ;;

No, it's normal...

@Alrexwolf

I had 9 dodges this time. There is a reason I have a whole group with dozens of Zombie sacrifices. My absolute record was 14 dodges, by the way.

Is this not up-to-date anymore?

" It is important to note that dead eggs and hatchlings will still count toward any limits for up to 24 hours following their death. "

Because I was egg/hatchie-logged 24/24, but got 4 slots with the dead of 4 hatchies. I thought I have to wait 24 hours now.

@Kiwiana

Somewhere above someone already explained the problem - if you actively kill hatchies (using the kill action), they count. If you let them die by letting time run out, they don't count.

I won't go all out on my first zombie try (this Halloween) but I've just killed 5 adults (1 avoided, so technically 6 tries). Maybe I'll get lucky and 1 will become a zombie :) (didn't have more than 6 I would want to kill so that'll be all for this Halloween)

With the dodging reset, does anyone know if this is already in effect?

I finally managed to slay 5 xenos @_@ 

Dang dodging fodder. I remember why I only do this once a year omg

21 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Would be interesting to know indeed! I had some spares that I was able to kill when the dodges kicked in - but I have 2 more dragons that reallyreally need to die on Halloween. XD

4 or 5 dodges, 5 kills; better odds than I was expecting.  Now I just need to remember to revive them in time.  Posting this now so I have a time reference.

6 Dodges, 5 Kills, several fogged hatchlings set to run out of time starting today...

9 dodges, 5 kills.... I didn't realize that dodging was so prevalent, I really hope I can kill 5 on Halloween also with how much they dodge -_- It would be great to know if the dodging timer has been reduced from a day yet!

4 dodges, 5 kills. I had to scramble to unname some older dragons in my 'possible zombie fodder group' to use them because 2 out of 3 of my Wingless fodder dodged. 

I'm desperately trying to get a Xeno, have been for months.  I just had four dodges with my five kills earlier.

Good luck to all! Seems like I had less dodges this year than I did last year.

Only three dodges, which is... niiice?? I guess? Since there's still time for me to get a successful shiv in?

Still not looking forward to see them all disintegrate on Halloween. Or the work/scroll limits involved in gathering the zombaby potentials.

Going to try for some kills now! Fingers crossed for as little dodges as possible

Edit: So far 3 kills, 11 dodges sigh

Edited by Kurokosworth

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

oh this would be really nice to be in effect, more kills, lesser cooldown etc. - can someone remind TJ, perhaps he forgot ;)

I must have been really lucky with only 1 dodge seeing the numbers of the others now o.O

Edited by Kiwiana

Should the dragons be revived at any time on Halloween, or should it also be night time to maximize the chance of getting a zombie?

24 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Should the dragons be revived at any time on Halloween, or should it also be night time to maximize the chance of getting a zombie?

Ideally during the night --> (the following quote is from the "Zombie plans for Halloween 2018" thread)

On 10/18/2018 at 9:13 AM, Mangrit said:

Halloween night = the very early hours of Oct 31 (0:00am - 6:00am on the 31st). So Oct 30 to Oct 31.

@Soulsborne Okay, thanks! :) I'll do it then anyway so I can try for zombies ASAP, but its a little odd 6pm to midnight on the 31st doesn't also count as Halloween night... is it because the early hours are traditionally a more scary/cursed time so that's when zombies are most likely to be made? :huh:

Of course is 6pm to 11:59pm on the 31st nighttime :)

I guess they were referring to the morning nighttime too, when the earliest chance is happening. 

And NO one knows (except that one admin there... oh what's his name... ;p), if on Halloween, night time even stacks up on the increased Halloween chance. We just don't wanna mess with our luck ;) Zombies are visible all day.

Two years ago TJ said there are "four tiers of success chance":

To me this reads like the time of day doesn't matter on Halloween. (I'll probably still try during nighttime, just in case.  ;) )

A year or two ago, I asked the same question, and somebody (TJ?) replied that the time of day does not matter on the 31st or the Halloween. Of course, I cannot find that post right now.

But since then I've never bothered to wait for the night (I only try on 31st) and had a fairly good success rate.

Edited by natli