AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Suggestion:

In the "Can I rename Zombies?" question in the 2nd post, maybe there could be added that dead dragons (failed Zombie attempts) cannot be renamed and their names will not be available for other dragons.

My system of dealing with this is:

1. Name the living dragon something with "Ghost" in the name.

2. Zombification attempt.

3. Possible outcomes:

- If it disintegrates (which means it can't be renamed anymore), the "Ghost" name stays forever.

- If it becomes a Zombie, I rename it whatever Zombie name I want for it.

- If it revives normal, I rename it something with "Not-a-Ghost" so I know not to try zombifying that dragon again.

I didn't kill in advance, so I only had 5 dead dragons to revive. 3 hatchlings turned zombies, but the only adult I managed to kill (she fought hard for her life!) disintegrated.

Suggestion:

In the "Can I rename Zombies?" question in the 2nd post, maybe there could be added that dead dragons (failed Zombie attempts) cannot be renamed and their names will not be available for other dragons.

Thanks for the suggestion because I've been waiting for the opportunity to ask something!

I updated the first posts a while back because the OP is gone, but I'd like to know if there's someone who'd like to do an updated thread so that there can be an active OP?

EDIT: I guess I'll consider the silence as a no... lol.

Updated the OP. Thanks for the suggestion, Confused Cat. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

*revives this topic for those who have zombie-making questions*  (I hope that's ok.  (I dunno where this is in the forum pages, I used a bookmark I already had to find it again))

I thought I'd mention this for all the other zombie makers out there...

Since we're inevitably all going to be left with a lot of tombstones (some of them DISAPPOINTING FAILS), I've found it's really fun to give them names based off goofy tombstones like "darn it's dark down here" or "I told you I was sick." :P Gives your scroll some cute spoopy decorations and helps you feel better about the fails! Just remember, NAMES CAN'T BE REMOVED FROM DEAD DRAGONS (and it still hasn't been fixed, for some reason... >:C), so you might want to include extra letters around the name if you want to reuse it next year. IE "o Told You I Was Sick o" or "Told You I Was Sick - 2017"

6 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Since we're inevitably all going to be left with a lot of tombstones (some of them DISAPPOINTING FAILS), I've found it's really fun to give them names based off goofy tombstones like "darn it's dark down here" or "I told you I was sick." :P Gives your scroll some cute spoopy decorations and helps you feel better about the fails! Just remember, NAMES CAN'T BE REMOVED FROM DEAD DRAGONS (and it still hasn't been fixed, for some reason... >:C), so you might want to include extra letters around the name if you want to reuse it next year. IE "o Told You I Was Sick o" or "Told You I Was Sick - 2017"

LOL, I might try that

You guys know we're pure evil in universe, right? 

We raise dragons just to kill them in order to create undead monsters that kill everything in sight.

And then we give them strange names that end up being one big joke about their parent slaughtering them.

Edited by blockEdragon

hehe yes, we are evil! I have this little headcanon, though, that certain dragons just really want to be a zombie. Like, zombies are special and prized and so many people want one, so some dragons may see it as a sort of badge of honor to be turned into one.

I really like the idea of giving them goofy names like that, I'll have to try to remember to do that.

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oh, that sounds lovely! And hah, yea, I got three unusable names because I didn't know the names weren't going to leave.

I was going call myself a evil monster, but I changed my mind I'm a mad scientist, I'm a Victor Frankenstein who hasn't been attack by his monster. That or I got some loyal dragons keeping me safe from everything that wants to eat me. :lol:

(if my younger self knew I was going to murder dragons to make undead dragons I would have named myself something more fitting like a Necromancer)

I try to make myself feel better about it by using nasty dragons when possible (vines, falconiforms (which eat other dragons)), but due to the limits of biomes, rarity, and types that's not always possible, so I even had to kill a few of my precious sunsongs, nuuu! ; ~ ;

@Marie19R That's both dark and pretty cool, haha. XD I read a book once where a necromancer was trying to convince a bunch of dragons to become undead so they'd be stronger and truly immortal, which fits even better with DC now that the descriptions say they're only THOUGHT to be ageless. :P There was also a vampire dragon in it that was pretty nasty awesome! The other, less stinky form of undeath, hehe. 

And I killed my first five for Halloween. Fingers crossing for successful zombie revives on the 31st. 

Maybe it's a stupid question, but is today exactly two weeks until Halloween? Is it the day to kill first batch of adult dragons, so they won't dissapear until Halloween and I could kill another 5 on Halloween? . I'm not sure is it today or tommorrow, thanks to my confusing time zone >_> .

Yes, today is the day. It is currently 2:26pm on the 17th cave-time, and the 17th is exactly 2 weeks until the 31st. I'm about to kill my first five in about ten minutes here.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Yes, today is the day. It is currently 2:26pm on the 17th cave-time, and the 17th is exactly 2 weeks until the 31st. I'm about to kill my first five in about ten minutes here.

Thank you! It's good I choosen my dragons earlier, now I hope they won't dodge too much.

:lol:

I probably should have wait to revive them at Halloween but I try it on the same day I killed them and got nothing. Though, I do have some dead dragons I can use to decorate my scroll. (y)

time to breed more for the slaughter, I will get a zombie soulpeace one day lol.

Successfully got my 5 for today-- two THawks, a Split, Bolt, and Wyvern-- but I can't help but wish we had more kill slots what with all the new zombie sprites out there. If I can hold 8 eggs at a time, I should be able to kill at least a dozen dragons!

I missed last Halloween- the first Halloween since the zombie update and I wanted to know how many turns people got/how good the turnrate felt... Is it drastically better than a random 31st or just sorta 'eh'

28 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

I missed last Halloween- the first Halloween since the zombie update and I wanted to know how many turns people got/how good the turnrate felt... Is it drastically better than a random 31st or just sorta 'eh'

Last Halloween I got 4 zombie hatchlings and 3 zombie adults, and I've *never* gotten more then one zombie at a time outside of Halloween, so I'd say it's a significantly larger chance.

The most glorious time of the yeeeeeeear... (I have plenty of backups, don't worry.)

livinonaprayer.png

Now this is what I call trick-or-treating. The messier they are, the harder they'll fall. :rolleyes: /sharpens knife

23 hours ago, Marie19R said:

Last Halloween I got 4 zombie hatchlings and 3 zombie adults, and I've *never* gotten more then one zombie at a time outside of Halloween, so I'd say it's a significantly larger chance.

Can confirm anecdotally that my chances of success are much higher on Halloween than any other day.

I just started to name my hatchies-to-die in case they won't revive, because I read about you cannot name gravestones. BUT - isn't it that un-revived gravestones go away from the scroll anyway? 

Edit - ah no, wait, only the CB gravestones vanish, but the ones already in lineages stay and THEY should get names before there is a gravestone. Is that right? (I should try on Zombies over the year to not forget about that stuff xD)

Edited by Kiwiana

29 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

I just started to name my hatchies-to-die in case they won't revive, because I read about you cannot name gravestones. BUT - isn't it that un-revived gravestones go away from the scroll anyway? 

Indeed. Actually, ALL dead-but-not-revived/zombified tombstones vanish from your scroll and from progeny listings, it's just that adults don't get deleted anymore, which means if they had been named before, that name will be lost forever.

It's better to only name successful Zombies, and probably also dragons who have offspring in whose lineage they show up.

I don't know if there's a reason for naming Zombie candidate hatchlings (since they can't appear in lineages and you'd have to bookmark their view pages to even see them after they are gone from your scroll), but in any case, as Ruby Eyes said: only use names you don't want for anything else.

I only try for adult Zombies, and I always name my Zombie candidates with "Ghost" names and make sure they have at least one child, so if they stay dead, they can at least be ghosts in ineages: 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/CS9OK (The Zombie parent was renamed after successful zombification, but the dead one would be nameless now if I had not named it before killing it.)

... I know I've posted all of this before - but maybe repeating it before Halloween can help someone make decisions about naming Zombie candidates. 

By the way there is a suggestion about re-/un-naming dead dragons:

I don't usually Zombie adults except during Halloween so I forgot, does a killed adult that disintegrates, take up an egg space on the scroll? I know an adult isn't an egg, but for some reason I keep thinking the adult tombstone takes up one of the egg slots.