AlternateMew

Zombie advice

3 minutes ago, Rememberdrgns said:

Is the blue Zyu an Eastern? Asking for foddering.

According to the wiki, yes! (It should be right in most cases -> wiki link)

3 hours ago, Rememberdrgns said:

Is the blue Zyu an Eastern? Asking for foddering.

While it could be considered an Eastern like in the wiki, all the Zyus are listed in one entry in the encyclopedia. Therefore, all past attempts made every Zyu turn into Western zombies, as far as I know...

Sorry if this is a bit obvious or if it’s been answered before. The Undead wiki page has 4 different pygmy types listed, but how do I know exactly which pygmy is which category?

2 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

Sorry if this is a bit obvious or if it’s been answered before. The Undead wiki page has 4 different pygmy types listed, but how do I know exactly which pygmy is which category?

You know it by checking the Encyclopedia. E.g. Kyanite is Pygmy (Eastern) so it turns into an Undead Pygmy Eastern. Magelights and Mimics are Wyverns, Seawyrm are Lindwyrms, everything else is Western.

Oh, I'm glad the time of day doesn't actually matter. That's what I thought originally, so my kill slots aren't going to come back until later in the day. ^_^

On 10/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Chococat0815 said:

While it could be considered an Eastern like in the wiki, all the Zyus are listed in one entry in the encyclopedia. Therefore, all past attempts made every Zyu turn into Western zombies, as far as I know...

But then it makes no sense. How can wingless dragon like Black Zyu turn into Zombie with wings? 

I guess Zyus would turn into those Zombie types:

Zyumorph alpine adult - Undead wingless adult

Zyumorph coast adult - Undead wyvern adult

Zyumorph desert adult - Undead eastern adult

Zyumorph forest adult - Undead amphi adult

Zyumorph jungle adult - Undead lind adult

Zyumorph volcano adult - Undead standard adult

...it's only a theory though. Just don't kill Zyus. :D

Edited by Asphyxia

1 hour ago, Asphyxia said:

But then it makes no sense. How can wingless dragon like Black Zyu turn into Zombie with wings? 

...it's only a theory though. Just don't kill Zyus. :D

No, it doesn't make sense.^^ But that's how the game works right now, since all Zyus are listed in one encyclopedia entry they're treated as one dragon. It's already been attempted, users who have shared their results in the Zombie success thread have found their Zyus to turn into Western Zombies, no matter what Zyu they used.

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

No, it doesn't make sense.^^ But that's how the game works right now, since all Zyus are listed in one encyclopedia entry they're treated as one dragon. It's already been attempted, users who have shared their results in the Zombie success thread have found their Zyus to turn into Western Zombies, no matter what Zyu they used.

I guess that's a bug or something. Maybe it'll be fixed sometime.

Can I ask a really stupid question, I'm going to attempt my first zombies this year, probably won't be successful, but I was wondering, if you zombie a hatchling, does it still grow up?

Just now, Sue said:

Can I ask a really stupid question, I'm going to attempt my first zombies this year, probably won't be successful, but I was wondering, if you zombie a hatchling, does it still grow up?

No. It auto-freezes when revived as a zombie if it wasn't frozen when it died.

ah so it's got to be adult dragons to try. Right, thank you. And you can kill random dragons to try for one yes? (not lineaged..)

@Sue

Best use CB dragons that don't have kids on other people's scrolls (unless you bred the kids while the adult dragon already had a name that showed it is intended to be some Zombie fodder). Other than that you can use all dragons, just no Dinos.

Yeah, you can use any lineage if you like - CB is general etiquette, but I've also seen people use lots of lineaged fodder.

@Sue

Perfect! By the way, if you like you could breed one of your intended Zombie fodder to another CB dragon, so that you possibly get a Zombie kid that you can use for a lineage like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/i4loA

That way you have a double boon if your dragon actually turns into a Zombie.

When I took out my fodder, I had 5 kills, 0 dodges. I unfortunately did it on the day AFTER the two-week mark to Halloween, so I won't be able to kill any Halloween, but I have a decent number of time-ran-out hatchies. Including some winged ones, which is nice. 

Darn, wish I had thought to look for this before Halloween day lol. I now have 6 adult zombies, only got one success out of my five kills today. I'll definitely bookmark this guide and come back for next year!

Round 1

• 1 revive
  • 3 disintegrate 
  • 4 zombie hatchies!

Round 2

• 6 dodges
  • 5 kills
  • 4 disintegrate
  • 1 adult zombie!

I wish there couldve been more, but not bad for my first zombie attempts. Going to try again next month!

Edited by Kurokosworth

I never knew this was so complicated... I maxed my kills today thinking that's it buy apparently I should've started a month ago. Kinda sucks.. Gotta wait for next year now

10 hours ago, Shinigami_Ryuuka said:

I never knew this was so complicated... I maxed my kills today thinking that's it buy apparently I should've started a month ago. Kinda sucks.. Gotta wait for next year now

You can try year-round, but the chances are best on Halloween.

Me too.  It wouldn't be a proper Halloween season without reading this topic!  The timeline for making Zombies is an absolute necessity too.  :D