AlternateMew

Zombie advice

On 12/5/2011 at 8:06 PM, AlternateMew said:

October 17th - This is two weeks before Halloween, so kill your first 5 dragon fodder now. If you do, then you can kill 5 more on Halloween for a total of 10 zombie adult attempts. Have extra fodder (at least double of what you want to attempt is a good guideline) because dragons that dodge your blade will continue to dodge for the rest of that day, so if a dragon dodges, you will need backups.

Friendly reminder!

1 hour ago, Kiwiana said:

Hm, do I kill them rather in the morning or in the afternoon? Can't remember how I did it last year lol XD

I usually kill those in the afternoon or evening to ensure I will be up and at home when the kills reset (and tombstones vanish) but early enough to make sure I won't go to sleep before the cooldown goes off for the 5 more so I do my best to keep my other duties in mind. So I revive in 2 spaced out rounds.

Edited by VixenDra

6 hours ago, VixenDra said:

I usually kill those in the afternoon or evening to ensure I will be up and at home when the kills reset (and tombstones vanish) but early enough to make sure I won't go to sleep before the cooldown goes off for the 5 more so I do my best to keep my other duties in mind. So I revive in 2 spaced out rounds.

Oh yes, I now remember - I think I had tombstones vanishing last year! So I am gonna wait some more XD thank you!!

Update: 5 successfully killed (1 avoided) at 3 pm German Time = 9 am DC Time 😁

Edited by Kiwiana

Killed my dragons!

This is a bit of a side question, but - what is the success rate of zombies on the 31st of each month? Is it high enough to make it worth attempting?

2 hours ago, Twimm said:

Killed my dragons!

This is a bit of a side question, but - what is the success rate of zombies on the 31st of each month? Is it high enough to make it worth attempting?

I attempt on the 31st every so often, I have gotten a couple successes on non-Halloween 31st's, but it's definitely a lower chance then Halloween. If you have enough zombie fodder I'd say go for it, but if you struggle to get enough fodder then it may not be worth it. 

I have an alarm set for 11am my-time, so 2pm DC-time, for fodder killing today. Early enough to get those slots back and have plenty of time with the 'new' slots, and I know I'll be awake in time on the 31st before the tombstones disappear because I have to work!

edit: Does anyone know if TJ ever implemented the change to kill-dodges, so you can re-try in an hour instead of 24 hours? 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I managed my 5 kills within 10 minutes around 11:00 my time (5am DC time) with 5 dodges.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that

1.) I will stay patient for one time and only revive my Sacrifices on Oct 31 (last time I just couldn't wait and got one Zombie two or so days early)

2.) That more than only one dragon will turn from my exclusive selection of Cheese (for an ungendered Zombie), Baikala, BlancBlack, RedTidal and Skywing!

Good luck to everybody else for their attempts!

Got my 5th one!

4/5 were early this morning, around 4 a.m. with dodges from the rest, so I had to wait for 2 of my fodder to grow up & keep my fingers crosses one would hold still, & it did!

That's 5 kills & 7 dodges out of 12 potentials

@Aqub
 I have tried it a couple of times, including inviting people to viewbomb me, but so far I never got a hatchie to die of sickness yet. They are pretty sturdy beasts, these hatchies!

5 hours ago, Astreya said:

@Aqub
 I have tried it a couple of times, including inviting people to viewbomb me, but so far I never got a hatchie to die of sickness yet. They are pretty sturdy beasts, these hatchies!

Aww, too bad. :dry: Thanks for the answer, though. 

I did kill 4 dragons yesterday, (I used one kill slot foolishly last week) but it was really difficult. I think I had 12 dodge just to kill 4. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Aqub said:

How difficult is it to get a hatchling to die of sickness? 

Maybe you can get an egg to hatch sick first, incubated zyumorphs/avatars/prizes can get sick past ER time without hatching. That might help.

Is it too late to start and still have 5 more kills on Halloween?

14 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Is it too late to start and still have 5 more kills on Halloween?

Yes, it takes 14 days for the kill facility to be active again after use.

5 minutes ago, quinney said:

Yes, it takes 14 days for the kill facility to be active again after use.

Thanks, I knew I should have started yesterday. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Bigbite said:

Thanks, I knew I should have started yesterday. Thanks.

I did exactly the same thing, I was sure I should kill them today (18.10) and I didn't check forum until now, so this year I can try only 5 adults on Halloween. I need to write somewhere the right date or I'll forgot about this next year for sure 😅

I have 22 hatchie tombstones now (all S2 :/) and 16 fogged ones, which still need to die. What I did not think about are the occupied slots lol. So now that the event started I have only 4/8 slots I can use XD Somehow the event came earlier than expected (yeah, I dd not check when it started last year lol), so I am thinking about to perhaps release my youngest 4 fogged hatchies as I am not sure anyway if they will die in time. Though those are good S1 candidates on the other hand... Very undecided what to do, concentrate on Zombie hatchies or get 4 more slots for my Halloween breeding/catching plans? Perhaps I do a mixture, and release only 2 to get 2 free slots :D

Annual reminder:

If you have killed Zombie candidates on the 17th and plan to revive them on the 31st, and if daylight saving time in your country ends between those dates, make sure you don't wait too long before using the revive action. The tombstones will disappear one hour before you expect them to.

Sooo can I try to make zombies all 31st or just during the night(when zombies are in their form) of that day? 🧐

@Bamboomonkey

You can make Zombies any DC night (I just created one today), but the chances to get a Zombie are considerably higher on the 31st, particularly on Oct 31st.