AlternateMew

Zombie advice

You hatch the hatchling and then you have to fog and wait for it to die in the fog. It can still gender in the fog if it has enough views however.

Thank you!!! Need to get all the sprites this year ^-^

Managed to kill Test of Bravery and three AP hatchies a few days ago.

Hopefully at least one of them zombifies smile.gif

Congrats, Zeditha!

Since this is the zombie advice thread, here's some advice: Get your missing hatchie zombie fodder now, they need to hatch on the 24th or earlier, or they won't starve before Halloween!

That means: Without incubate, today is the last day to get zombie fodder from the cave or from breeding. With incubate, tomorrow is the last day.

I have at least one male and female hatchie of each type fogged and dying, or dead already. Now I'm going for s1 hatchies.

Here's what I do to get s1 zombies: I catch eggs and fog them until they're at 2 days or less time left (because they need fewer views to hatch if the timer is lower). Then I put them in a lot of ER's, and fog them as soon as they hatch. That worked for me last year, they usually end up with 100-200 UV's that way. Right now, I have one hatchie with 149 UV's and 3d 17h that hasn't gendered yet.

Edited to add stuff.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Impressive! But I noticed you named all your dead hatchies which brings up a question.

Does anyone know if the naming of zombies will be the same as previous years? Meaning, if your hatchling/adult disintegrates and it is named, that the name will remain attached to your disintegrated hatchling/adult and you can't use it again?

I'm not talking about successful zombies, because their names can be changed. I mean unsuccessful attempts which ends up in 'deceased' dragons. I learned the hard way in previous years and now before I kill/resurrect a hatchling/adult, I always remove the name.

Edited by whitestar

As i know it is still the case that the name will stick with the disintegrated critter.

Sunsongs finally got changed to their correct type! Woo!

Good luck to everyone getting the new sprites as well as the 'old' ones.

So are the odds increased now? Can I kill off my messy xenowyrms right now or should I wait until Halloween night?

Edited by blockEdragon

So are the odds increased now? Can I kill off my messy xenowyrms now or should I wait until Halloween night?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9302481

There's already four tiers of success chance (day time, night time, 31st of month, Halloween), which match the four states of zombie visibility.

You can try now if you want. You will have the most chance of success on Halloween.

*sighs* I must have rotten luck in getting any type of Zombie. I keep killing my dragons only for them to die

*sighs* I must have rotten luck in getting any type of Zombie. I keep killing my dragons only for them to die

Them dying is what you want. laugh.gif It means you can try to revive them in order to try and get a zombie.

(Excuse me if that's what you're doing, but if you're missing a step, that is important to know!)

Impressive! But I noticed you named all your dead hatchies which brings up a question.

Does anyone know if the naming of zombies will be the same as previous years? Meaning, if your hatchling/adult disintegrates and it is named, that the name will remain attached to your disintegrated hatchling/adult and you can't use it again?

I'm not talking about successful zombies, because their names can be changed. I mean unsuccessful attempts which ends up in 'deceased' dragons. I learned the hard way in previous years and now before I kill/resurrect a hatchling/adult, I always remove the name.

I've been able to use the same name more than once, if it disintigrates the first time I use the name before...in fact, some of these names I'm using this year are using names I've used before on disintegrated zombie attempts.

I got 0 this year. sad.gif

Well, I guess it makes sense. I joined in 2011 and it took me until 2014 to get my first zombie.

See you in 2019, I guess. *incredibly bitter*

I would have figured that the disease that makes the dragons sleep all the time would at least make it easy to kill infected dragons, guess not.

All right, I have a question --

What on earth does this zombie come from?

user posted image

There's an image of it in this spreadsheet, but there seems to be inconclusive evidence, and it does not appear on the Dragcave wiki. I haven't seen a single one in person on the site.

Edited by digipup

All right, I have a question --

What on earth does this zombie come from?

user posted image

There's an image of it in this spreadsheet, but there seems to be inconclusive evidence, and it does not appear on the Dragcave wiki. I haven't seen a single one in person on the site.

Kyanite Pygmy.

*EDIT* just read the post above me. herp derp. wish i had found this last night.

Edited by Sylviadragon

*Sigh* One disintegrated, and the other revived.

Question. Is it possible to try again some other time with a dragon who is revived?

I will always be amazed by the people who get a zombie on the first try. I've been trying for years, and I've never succeeded. sad.gif

*Sigh* One disintegrated, and the other revived.

Question. Is it possible to try again some other time with a dragon who is revived?

I will always be amazed by the people who get a zombie on the first try. I've been trying for years, and I've never succeeded. sad.gif

Nope. One revive action ever,

I managed to get a zombie this Samhain Eve, but I will mention that *wasn't* my first attempt.