AlternateMew

Zombie advice

6 hours ago, iiKrina said:

Okay, so I'm incredibly confused... In the FAQ section I keep rereading the answer to the question "When can I see my Zombie on my scroll?" and it's confusing me more and more each time. So from what (I think) I understand, the zombie dragon only stays on your scroll for 2 weeks after you kill it? So... After that no one other than myself will be able to see it unless they have a link to the view page? 🤨 I really hope I'm misunderstanding this because that makes me so sad. I wanted to add it to my highlighted group and show it off.

If you add your zombies to a group, anyone who can see the group will be able to see the tombstone. They only 'disappear' from your main scroll page. Zombie sprites are only visible from midnight-6am DC-time (and all of the 31st of any month with 31 days) but the tombstones should be viewable in groups all the time. (I'm *almost* positive of this, this group has all my zombies and the tombstones should be viewable to anyone from that group.)

Is it too early to start letting hatchies die from no views? I've been trying to collect extra zombie fodder for Halloween, but I keep losing track of the dates (mainly cause game time is different to my timezone)

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

Is it too early to start letting hatchies die from no views? I've been trying to collect extra zombie fodder for Halloween, but I keep losing track of the dates (mainly cause game time is different to my timezone)

No, it's 12 days to Halloween, and a dead hatchie will survive for 14 days, to the second of death.  I'm in the UK and my first two hatchies die in two hours. 

Dragons raised from market bought eggs can be zombiefied just like 'normal' dragons, is that correct? (starts her Zombie planning early this year XD)

4 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

Dragons raised from market bought eggs can be zombiefied just like 'normal' dragons, is that correct? (starts her Zombie planning early this year XD)

Pretty sure they can :) I am sure I have seen one on here before.

I dont think they are too common though, since Im fairly sure the gravestones they have are the same as Lineaged/‘Cave’ location dragons.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:00 AM, Su_Halcon said:

Can confirm; I've zombified a couple Market dragons myself, to test whether they had different tombstones than Cave dragons. As Ruffledfeathers said, they do not.

Here's one, for proof: https://dragcave.net/lineage/53wDH

Just starting to make plans for Halloween zombies. Can someone please give me a refresher on the timing for zombies?

If I recall right, the adult dragons can be killed on the... 18th? and then revived before Halloween ends when 2 weeks has passed to bring back the kill action. When can I start fogging hatchlings so they will die and remain available to revive on the 31st? 

Sorry if that's confusing, its been a little while since I forgot to do zombies last year.

I only do adults so I will focus on them. You need to kill 5 adults on the 17th, then on the 31st, try to revive them before their tombstones disappear (which happens exactly 14 days after you killed the dragons). Then, still on 31st, kill another 5 dragons and try to revive them immediately.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, Aniia said:

Just starting to make plans for Halloween zombies. Can someone please give me a refresher on the timing for zombies?

If I recall right, the adult dragons can be killed on the... 18th? and then revived before Halloween ends when 2 weeks has passed to bring back the kill action. When can I start fogging hatchlings so they will die and remain available to revive on the 31st? 

Sorry if that's confusing, its been a little while since I forgot to do zombies last year.

Elizabeth Moonstone is right on target for adults

For hatchies, I'll start fogging fresh-hatched 7 day ones on Oct. 4th.  They will die on Oct. 11th.  Halloweek starts 2 weeks later, on Oct. 25th, which is the 2nd best boost of all for zombies after Oct. 31st, and I'll be reviving things all week.  I have vowed to devote my scroll to fogged hatchies the entire month of Oct until I get them all XD.

If you want to concentrate on hatchies exclusively for the 31st, then you can start fogging fresh-hatched 7 day ones on Oct. 10th so that they die on the 17th, and any that die after the 10th will also be good to revive by the 31st.  Good luck!

Edited by Sunrunner

o.O I should probably check on my Zombie plans this weekend lol. Don't believe it's already almost October again ...

btw. do I see it right that Two-headed wingless aka Crypt is the only new Zombie?

Edited by Su_Halcon

I'm a little confused. The wiki says that cheeses and papers can't be zombified anymore. When did that happen?

12 hours ago, Kith said:

I'm a little confused. The wiki says that cheeses and papers can't be zombified anymore. When did that happen?

We don't know exactly when, because TJ never actually announced it. However, I personally failed to zombify 80 Papers and Cheeses in 2017 (35 on Halloween alone), so presumably some time before that. And nobody else has reported being able to successfully zombify one since then, either. And also they're classified as "Enchanted Constructs" in the Encyclopedia, not dragons. So it looks extremely likely that TJ just turned the ability to zombify them off at some point years ago and never told anybody.

(Edit: To be fair to TJ, it might be a glitch instead. But if so, it's gone unfixed for a really long time, so the practical impact is the same.)

Edited by songwithnosoul

Oh dear, so I've been wasting my kill slots all these years on a personal goal that was not longer possible. I guess that will make collecting the rest somewhat easier. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Kith said:

Oh dear, so I've been wasting my kill slots all these years on a personal goal that was not longer possible. I guess that will make collecting the rest somewhat easier. Thank you.

Aww. Sorry to hear that. That really isn't a good feeling.

This guide is so helpful. Wish I saw it sooner. I always just wait until Halloween to kill. Will be following the methods described here to try and get hatchies and 10 revives. 

Thanks. 

Just bred, bookmarked, incubated and fogged 7 to-be-the-still-needed-S1-Zombies plus 1 for S2 XD *fingers crossed* ! 

I've got 8 Two-Headed Wingless S1 that will be ready to become hatchies in a couple of days.  When that happens, I'll breed another 8 for S2.  I'm kind of hoping that I'll get the full set!

Hello. Can someone remind me what the latest zombie sprite is?  I know it's from a dragon that came out last year but my brain is malfunctioning.

3 hours ago, Elery. said:

Hello. Can someone remind me what the latest zombie sprite is?  I know it's from a dragon that came out last year but my brain is malfunctioning.

I don't think we've had one since last Halloween's Crypt?  The first Two-Headed Wingless.  Hopefully this Halloween has just been made easier with the Tangledrakin release.

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

I don't think we've had one since last Halloween's Crypt?  The first Two-Headed Wingless.  Hopefully this Halloween has just been made easier with the Tangledrakin release.

That's the one, thank you.