AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Had an extra dragon I didn't need so I decided to try for my first zombie. Killed it today; wasn't expecting the death message to be that... yeah.

Rest in peace, Memorial Freaky Jr. https://dragcave.net/view/IBcd6

Well, at least I hadn't gotten too attached to it, and I just have deal with the tombstone for a week. In the meantime I guess I'll brush up on my necromancy. Now where did I put my copy of Coming Forth by Day...

Attention those in time zones that changed the clocks today: don't forget to adjust your Zombie plans accordingly.

E.g. if a dragon died on the 17th at 3 pm, it will disappear from your scroll on the 31st at 2 pm.

Quick question. Prolly answered before, so apologies, (its hard to find stuff in a big topic when you have so little time in a day), but can someone tell me if a hatchling that you let die takes up a spot for 24 hrs on your scroll? Not an egg slot a hatchi spot. The wiki was not clear on if it does, only if the hatchling is killed. I am counting on the space to free up so I can grab 8 of the new release when it drops.

Edit:

Edited by Nathair
Realized Daylight Savings isnt til next week.

@Nathair No, they do not take up room on your scroll! I've killed many hatchlings this way and they free up a space the second they die.

Edit: This counts for both letting a hatchling run out of time and sickness.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Can a dragon be killed and resurrected in one go? Or do you have to wait x amount of time after killing to try and resurrect? I was going to do both the kill and revive on actual Halloween, but I've just thought that that might not be how it works... I have the one zombie already but it was made years ago and I don't remember how I did it.

9 minutes ago, littleangelamy22 said:

Can a dragon be killed and resurrected in one go? Or do you have to wait x amount of time after killing to try and resurrect? I was going to do both the kill and revive on actual Halloween, but I've just thought that that might not be how it works... I have the one zombie already but it was made years ago and I don't remember how I did it.

Yeah, you can try to revive it as soon as you've killed it. I do it like that a lot.

Just now, songwithnosoul said:

Yeah, you can try to revive it as soon as you've killed it. I do it like that a lot.

Thanks! I'll have a couple of attempts tomorrow then... Not too fussed if they don't work really but it would be nice.

Does anyone know if ungendered Neglecteds always turn into Western type Zombies, or if they turn according to the type they were before turning? I know I have one Zombie that turned from Neglected, but I don't know what base type that Neglected was.

29 minutes ago, Rally Vincent said:

Does anyone know if ungendered Neglecteds always turn into Western type Zombies, or if they turn according to the type they were before turning? I know I have one Zombie that turned from Neglected, but I don't know what base type that Neglected was.

I can't be sure but since ND's sort as their own breed (unlike Undeads) I'd assume they 'forget' what they were beforehand...

That would be good, otherwise getting all types of ungendered would be a real hassle, even if not every breed is neglectable.

I hope everyone is starting to realize, even though we are in summer, we are past the midsummer point, and will soon be cresting into fall. It is time to start thinking about your Holiday Preparations in *ADVANCE* and well in advance if you want to be ready. While there are lots of things involved (Finding Mates, Moving Up to the Next Trophy Level, Adding enough BSA Dragons), one of those other pieces are going to be knowing the information on zombies and making sure they are all prepped for maximum Zombie Glory on Halloween. Time to dust off some of these old threads and get ourselves going!!

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Two quick zombie questions:

- Do redtail wyrms have a unique sprite?

- Do market dragons have a unique tombstone?

Yes they have a unique sprite

No, I was finally shown an example in the other zombie thread, they have the same tombstone as the Bred/Cave dragons :)

Just getting into Zombies 2018 preparation and it's the first time I could start with the October 3rd hatchies^^

The sentence " October 3rd - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them to fog them and let them die. You will need the egg to hatch on its last day of life. " confuses me a bit though.

Do I grab the egg, fog it until its last day (otherwise it would hatch too early), hatch it that last day (through viewbombing I guess), fog it again and let it die?

And do I see it right that here is no difference between Two Headed EASTERN and WESTERN dragon?

Edited by Kiwiana

@Kiwiana

Yes - the important part is that it hatches on October 10th or later. If you're planning to kill it in the fog, at least. If it hatches on October 10, then it'll run out of time on October 17, and then the tombstone will disappear on the 31st, not before. It needs to die between the 17th and the 31st, and so if you're planning on fogging it to death it can't hatch earlier than the 10th. And if you want it to hatch on the 10th, you can't use eggs that were born earlier than today.

And there isn't a specific two-headed eastern zombie sprite, no. Is there such thing as a two-headed eastern?

So when I hatch it on the 10th I have to make sure the hatchie does not die before the 17th, will that work with fogging it after hatching? Just afraid it won't live for 7 days under the fog, guess I should not incubate it then? I will just try it :D Thank you for your answer!

There are two-headeds, two-headed lindwurms and two-headed sea serpents mentioned in the Wiki and I figured out what to use for the last two, but for the first that says only "two-headed" I was not sure if both eastern and western will work. Gilded Bloodscale f. e. is an eastern two-headed, while Split Dragons are western. I guess both work^^

@songwithnosoul

@Kiwiana  I wouldn't bother with grabbing eggs now tough. They will sit on that precious eggslot for full 7 days 😕

And to calm you - a hatchie ALWAYS has its full 7 days to live under the fog. Ther is noc hatchie incubate.

I will start collecting time-out hatchies on the 11th. Like that I don't have to remember which tombstone runs out when on 31st xD

I only make sure that I don't forget to kill adults on the 17th so my kill slots come back in time to kill another 5 on Halloween. I really hope for 1 or two new Zombie types added to my collection then. :)

Edited by Belisar

@Kiwiana

Yeah, Gilded Bloodscales are just "Two-headed" in the Encyclopedia, which is what determines the different zombie types. The Encyclopedia doesn't distinguish between Eastern and Western for two-heads. So it makes the same type of zombie as the Splits.

And the only reason why a hatchling would die early in the fog would be if it was really, really sick. Otherwise it can only die because it ran out of time, which happens 7 days after it was hatched. So just make sure that your eggs don't hatch really, really sick and you should be fine.

Don't incubate an egg born today if you want it to hatch on the 10th, yeah. But after Belisar's comment, I want to point out that the eggs don't have to be born today, and they don't have to be hatched on the 10th. Those are just the earliest days it's possible to catch/hatch them and still have the tombstones around to revive on Halloween.

@Belisar

That is true lol, but as it says on the first page grabbing on the 3rd is the first step to the highest possible amount of fodder I thought I give it a try XD I won't do it with all the slots, but 2-3 perhaps^^

@songwithnosoul

ok, thanks a bunch, that helps a lot! ❤️

41 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

@Belisar

That is true lol, but as it says on the first page grabbing on the 3rd is the first step to the highest possible amount of fodder I thought I give it a try XD I won't do it with all the slots, but 2-3 perhaps^^

I don't really see why this is the chance with the highest possibility of dead hatchies ^^" It is the EARLIEST you can start but by no means the only way xD And no it isn't even the earlies - grab an egg on the 2nd, hatch it on the 9th and STUN the hatchie xD Ok sorry, now I'm acting a bit childish....  *blushes*

There are so many eggs in the AP all the time with way less time on it. :) Then you can start later and get the same amount.

Also if you want to grab your CBs from the Cave yourself, why not catching the egg on the 8th incubate it and hatch it on the 10th? Only 2 days of keeping an egg and still have a hatchling dead on the 17th ^^"

Edited by Belisar

Is there a way to be sure a hatchling genders or doesn't gender when fog-killing it? Or is it just a matter of luck and how many views it gets as an egg?

14 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Is there a way to be sure a hatchling genders or doesn't gender when fog-killing it? Or is it just a matter of luck and how many views it gets as an egg?

There is no for-sure way, but in general the lower the views/stats the less likely it is to gender before it dies... I've found if I wait until the egg is really low-timed to hatch it, it needs less overall stats, and then fogging it immediately upon hatching will keep it there. For reference, I had a few below-3-days hatchies the other day at around 1,100 views before ER-ing, and they didn't gender until *right* before growing up, so I'd imagine if it stayed around that number of views it probably wouldn't have gendered.

I find that, generally, if you ER and egg that's 3 days, 20 hours or lower (no Incubating!) and you fog it as soon as it's hatched, it won't gender. The lower the time the better, obviously.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else, but since I'm thinking of trying for zombies for the first time ever, I figured I'd ask. When it says "midnight on Oct. 17", does this mean the midnight between the 16th and 17th, or the midnight between the 17th and 18th? I'm kind of assuming it's the latter, but I want to make absolutely sure before then.