AlternateMew

Zombie advice

8 minutes ago, Bamboomonkey said:

Sooo can I try to make zombies all 31st or just during the night(when zombies are in their form) of that day? 🧐

Any time during the 31st; there's no extra chance during night time. And zombies are around all day on 31sts too.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, Confused Cat said:

Annual reminder:

If you have killed Zombie candidates on the 17th and plan to revive them on the 31st, and if daylight saving time in your country ends between those dates, make sure you don't wait too long before using the revive action. The tombstones will disappear one hour before you expect them to.

Pardon me if I bump this reminder, daylight saving time ends today in many countries!

I once got this S1-help (cant remember who gave it, sry):

For stage 1 hatchies, get egg and fog, and don't unfog until it's 2days 12 hours old.  Then let it get views. To be on the safe side, normal views need to be under 2000, and uv views need to be under 300. if you wait until the time I said, it's easily done.  Just a waiting game!

Now I am unsure about the "2 days and 12 hours OLD" - does it really mean the age of the egg or does it mean the time left before it needs to hatch?

11 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

Now I am unsure about the "2 days and 12 hours OLD" - does it really mean the age of the egg or does it mean the time left before it needs to hatch?

In my experience, they meant wait until it has 2.5 days left before it dies (usually with incubate). I definitely remember waiting until my eggs had 2.5 days left and only then hatching them last year. Also 300 UVs feels a tad high but I might be overly cautious. Mine are all below 250.

---

Hello it is Painter for the third year in a row, here to plead with everyone and ask them to mass breed unusual body types into the AP for easier zombie hatchling creation. :) 

Ones that are the rarest are 2-headed and pygmy types, like...

Two-Headed - Wyrm, Amphiptere (both new!!), Eastern (rarest one imo), Sea Serpent, Lindwyrm

Pygmy - Wyrm (by far the rarest of the pygmies in the AP), Eastern
Drakes

Whatever types you want that you're having trouble finding as well!

6 hours ago, Painter said:

In my experience, they meant wait until it has 2.5 days left before it dies (usually with incubate). I definitely remember waiting until my eggs had 2.5 days left and only then hatching them last year. Also 300 UVs feels a tad high but I might be overly cautious. Mine are all below 250.

---

thanks a lot! I am going to try that with my bred ones.

I caught a bunch from the AP yesterday and it was easy to hatch (incubated) them under 2000 views, but staying under 300 UV was not always possible. The lowest has 255, the highest 354. Is there a way to influence UVs, perhaps by using another site? (I used Silvi's and Allure of Neglected, sometimes both, sometimes just one, seemed to make no difference).

9 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

I caught a bunch from the AP yesterday and it was easy to hatch (incubated) them under 2000 views, but staying under 300 UV was not always possible. The lowest has 255, the highest 354. Is there a way to influence UVs, perhaps by using another site?

If the numbers get too high, and it hasn't hatched yet, I just hide the egg and try to hatch it later when it's lower timed.

That's generally how I do it anyway. Catch an ER egg, put it in a site, wait until it's got a "safe" amount of views, then just hide it until it has less time left. Then when it has a large hole I give it one view at a time until it hatches. S1s are kind of a pain that way.

I use the hatching club and Allure of ND I feel like that gives me a decent amount of regular views per UVs but it might just be the same as those honestly.

Edited by Painter

Personally, I've found that you can hatch them as early as 3d20h (without Incubate) and still get few enough views that they'll stay S1.  Just slap 'em in the ER of like five different sites and fog 'em the instant they hatch. The lower the time, the more room for error, of course. Most of the S1 zombies in my zombie group are successful examples of this method, though I think there are a few that I froze and killed instead. Those ones would have more views than the rest and didn't die exactly a week after they hatched. The hatchlings I hatched this way usually ended up with under 2000 views and around 200 UVs, though it's still possible for ones with more than that to not gender--I have a record of one hatchling with 2550 views, 175 UVs, and 1 click not gendering.

My personal preference for S1 is no sooner than 3 days.  I've never had one go to stage 2 following this but if you want to be ultra-safe, then go with anything under 3 days.  I'm usually chomping at the bit waiting for 2 days 23 hours to be there!  Oh, and I always incubate.

thanks a lot everyone! I am watching the hidden ones now, if everything goes well I should have more S1s than ever lol. Hopefully some of them will do the Zombie-turn^^

9 out of 14 hidden hatchlings already turned S2, one had over 2000 V AND over 300 UV, five had under 2000 V but over 300 UV, so I understand those.

BUT 3 had (and still have) under 2000 V as well as under 300 UV. Those I do not understand, shouldn't they stay S1?

@Su_HalconIt's better if they're under both 2000 OV's and 200 UV's, or close to it.  300 UV's are a little high for hatchies to stay ungendered, even if OV's are low.

My zombie hatchie fodder are so far coming along as planned ^_^ - https://dragcave.net/group/139876

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Painter said:

---

Hello it is Painter for the third year in a row, here to plead with everyone and ask them to mass breed unusual body types into the AP for easier zombie hatchling creation. :) 

Ones that are the rarest are 2-headed and pygmy types, like...

Two-Headed - Wyrm, Amphiptere (both new!!), Eastern (rarest one imo), Sea Serpent, Lindwyrm

Pygmy - Wyrm (by far the rarest of the pygmies in the AP), Eastern
Drakes

Whatever types you want that you're having trouble finding as well!

Just sent 55 pygmy eggs to the AP as fodder

I got five S1 hatchies ready yesterday.  All at 2 days 22/23. The lowest UV  is 200 and the highest is 266, and I expect them all staying at S1.   I have three more that will be ready to do in about an hour.

@Su_Halcon  I'd say that was both bad luck and disappointing.   I don't know what or how many hatcheries you use but once eggs have hatched, if you use a few, perhaps take them out of some so any more views are minimal?  I've personally never had to do that but I know some who do.  Failing that, then to be on the safe side, go with 2 days 12 hours.  Good luck with future tries.

16 hours ago, Quinney said:

I'd say that was both bad luck and disappointing.   I don't know what or how many hatcheries you use but once eggs have hatched, if you use a few, perhaps take them out of some so any more views are minimal?  I've personally never had to do that but I know some who do.  Failing that, then to be on the safe side, go with 2 days 12 hours.  Good luck with future tries.

Yeah I did that, as soon as they hatched I took them out (highest was 2 hatcheries, sometimes only 1) Most of my hatchies were from the AP, five were bred, but looking at those now they seem the best results having the lowest V and UV. So perhaps bred ones are the better choice for me *notes it down for next year* xD

Aaand Update on the Kills: 6 avoided, 5 were successful (2 for Two-headed-Amphi, each 1 for Two-headed-Wyrm, Sea Serpent and Two-headed-Western). Now to hope for successful reviving (took the time down to make sure I try that in time minus 1 hour due to daylight saving zone^^)

Edited by Su_Halcon

Mastered to kill my first five (2 Pygmy Lindwyrms, Pygmy Western, Wingless, Eastern) an am waiting for a handful of s2 hatchlings (Western and maybe 1 Eastern if I don't find a matching egg for it on the AP) to time out.

Got an alarm set for a few hours before when I killed them for the 31st as a just in case.

Edited by ShorahNagi

Just set up an adult sea serpent for revival on the 31st. The action message was... something.

Got 5 dragons killed, but had 8-9 "Avoided." I guess I can try them again come the 31st, but I'm also trying to get a 2G Witchlight from Zombie soooo we'll see how this year goes (last year was a fail).

Is there a limit on revive attempts? I can’t find anything in the encyclopedia. Can I kill 5 dragons today and five on Halloween and revive all of them, along with any hatchies I had fog-killed?

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Is there a limit on revive attempts? I can’t find anything in the encyclopedia. Can I kill 5 dragons today and five on Halloween and revive all of them, along with any hatchies I had fog-killed?

Never heard of global revive limits. The only limit is once per dragon.

Edited by 0x08

I really only need the adult Temple although I'm going for more S1's of everything I can.

I killed my 5 Temple adults this morning and had 7 avoids.

29 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I really only need the adult Temple although I'm going for more S1's of everything I can.

I killed my 5 Temple adults this morning and had 7 avoids.

..... I completely forgot Temples were a new zombie sprite. Dangit. '

I still have like 5-6 zombie-types that I don't have any of, so my fodder for Halloween is a bit of everything. Today I was able to kill 1 Ciriax, 1 Magnesium, 2 Kyanites and 1 Scimitar-wing. With a total of only 4 dodges, surprisingly.

OMG I forgot to kill dragons yesterday! Noooo! I'll have to just settle for 5 on Halloween and load up on hatchies. I'm so bummed!

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

..... I completely forgot Temples were a new zombie sprite. Dangit. '

I still have like 5-6 zombie-types that I don't have any of, so my fodder for Halloween is a bit of everything. Today I was able to kill 1 Ciriax, 1 Magnesium, 2 Kyanites and 1 Scimitar-wing. With a total of only 4 dodges, surprisingly.

Well, at least you can have 5 tries for a Temple on the day.

Okay, so I'm incredibly confused... In the FAQ section I keep rereading the answer to the question "When can I see my Zombie on my scroll?" and it's confusing me more and more each time. So from what (I think) I understand, the zombie dragon only stays on your scroll for 2 weeks after you kill it? So... After that no one other than myself will be able to see it unless they have a link to the view page? 🤨 I really hope I'm misunderstanding this because that makes me so sad. I wanted to add it to my highlighted group and show it off.

Zombies become visible to everyone (if your scroll is not hidden) every night and will be visible for you only as tombstones during the day.

Dead dragon's tombstones which did not turn will vanish from your scroll after two weeks.

Cheers

Seriva