AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Maybe it's a stupid question, but can we even make S1 zombie hatchlings?

Last year all my hatchies were fogged and all of them gendered before they died. Should I use kill action on S1 hatchie to get a S1 zombie hatchie from it? I would prefer to use it only on adult dragons as it's limited, but if there isn't any other way, maybe I'll try it. Or is there other way to make S1 Zombie Lindwurm or S1 Zombie Wyrm hatchling?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but can we even make S1 zombie hatchlings?

Last year all my hatchies were fogged and all of them gendered before they died. Should I use kill action on S1 hatchie to get a S1 zombie hatchie from it? I would prefer to use it only on adult dragons as it's limited, but if there isn't any other way, maybe I'll try it. Or is there other way to make S1 Zombie Lindwurm or S1 Zombie Wyrm hatchling?

You absolutely can make s1 Zombies, but you need to keep the views and unique views as low as possible if you're fogging them to death and not killing them after freezing. As hatchies get closer to death, they need much lower stats to gender.

Examples of s1s that died in the fog:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aFzkc

http://dragcave.net/lineage/c4YNy

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VPk1X

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DztR3

And one that was killed after freezing:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0U3OI

The one killed after freezing has stayed as an s1, but has reasonably high stats and would certainly have gendered before running out of time if I'd fogged it instead.

Following the time schedule of the first page I am going to kill (resp. attempt to kill) my first 5 adults today (Oct 17th) and getting nervous now xd.png

Is it right it does not matter if I kill them now or later the day, just has to be somewhen today?

Edit: I went ahead and did it xd.png 10 out of 15 dodged the attack, wow!

Edited by Kiwiana

Following the time schedule of the first page I am going to kill (resp. attempt to kill) my first 5 adults today (Oct 17th) and getting nervous now xd.png

Is it right it does not matter if I kill them now or later the day, just has to be somewhen today?

Edit: I went ahead and did it xd.png 10 out of 15 dodged the attack, wow!

yes tonite is the correct night to kill your dragons, but make sure you kill after midnight cavetime.

I always kill around 12:30am - 12:45am cavetime to give myself plenty of time to revive on Oct.31

In my scenario, on Oct.31, I will revive between 12:00am and 12:45am.

It must be after 12:00am, so I receive the increased chance of getting a zombie because I killed it on Halloween Oct 31.

It must be before 12:45am because that is when the tombstone will disappear from my scroll forever because the two-week time limit has run out.

12:45am is also when my kill slots will return for me to reuse on Oct. 31 to kill 5 more adult dragons. This is why I wouldn't wait to kill your dragons at something like 7am, because then you must wait until 7am on Oct. 31 to get your kill slots back, even if you revive your dragons at 12am.

In conclusion, you can kill your dragons any time today Oct.17, but just be careful and don't be too close to 12am cavetime. Give yourself a little space-time to do what you need to do.

P.S. Normally my dragons dodge the blade like crazy too. But this year all of my selected dragons died on first attempt. Really nice

Edited by Arwen17

When does daylight saving time end in the DC time zone?

(It ends on October 30 in my time zone, but I think it's different for DC time. I would hate to find my first five Zombie candidates disappeared before I could revive them on Halloween because I somehow miscalculated the time...)

When does daylight saving time end in the DC time zone?

(It ends on October 30 in my time zone, but I think it's different for DC time. I would hate to find my first five Zombie candidates disappeared before I could revive them on Halloween because I somehow miscalculated the time...)

Copied off of Google from wiki:

"On the first Sunday in November, at 2:00 a.m. EDT, clocks are moved back to 1:00 a.m. EST, thus "duplicating" one hour. Southern parts of the zone (Panama and the Caribbean) do not observe daylight saving time."

The first Sunday is Nov 6th.

(Good thing, too, because that would be a pain to work with for Halloween!)

EDIT: Nine dodges, five of which were tidals. Geez louise.

Ref for when I forget: I killed 3 waters, 1 sunsong, and 1 striped river.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I remember off the top of my head that I need to use my kill slots today so I can do it again on the 31st, but being new to this game I completely forgot that I should've save those and only revive on the 31st... So I went ahead and try to revive them Q_Q

I'm just not too sure what's the success rate of making these zombie dragons?

I personally got a S1 by accident, I intend to raise it but it got killed from receiving too many views.. so I tried to revive it but it got zombified ..

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5ZxU8

And I also made this on my very first kill + revive tonight, but essentially failed every single other ones O.O

http://dragcave.net/view/sXxIa

Edited by cosmos393

You absolutely can make s1 Zombies, but you need to keep the views and unique views as low as possible if you're fogging them to death and not killing them after freezing.  As hatchies get closer to death, they need much lower stats to gender.

Examples of s1s that died in the fog:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aFzkc

http://dragcave.net/lineage/c4YNy

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VPk1X

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DztR3

And one that was killed after freezing:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0U3OI

The one killed after freezing has stayed as an s1, but has reasonably high stats and would certainly have gendered before running out of time if I'd fogged it instead.

Thanks, I must try to do it this year biggrin.gif My last year hatchies had really many views, so I can understand why they gendered when fogged - this one had the most views, over 10 thousands overall views and over thousand unique views. other had much less than it, but they still had many.

And I killed my 5 adults today - it took me 11 attempts to kill this five - it was easer this year, I didn't have to choose additional dragons for it. This year they swaped one after another - first one dodged, second was killed, third dodged, fourth was killed etc.

Got one Almerald, Astrapi, Dorsal and 2 Dark Green dragons. I hope at least two of them turn, I'm trying mostly for Eastern and Wingless zombies this year, but Wyrm would also be nice biggrin.gif

Glad it was helpful, biruko. smile.gif

Finally managed to kill the four I have slots for (silly failed ND), after a fair amount of dodging - Blacks are the worst for that, honestly! D: Ended up with three dead Blacks and a dead Cheese.

Managed to finally kill 5 rolleyes.gif of the ones i had 3 evaded at first,

Thinking i was going to have to try to do some lowtime trades to get lines that evaded it suddenly occurred to me i have enough CB to switch rolleyes.gif so now evaders live happily while the unbred CBs are dead smile.gif

5 of my fodders died 1 day too early for me to be able to attempt the zombification on 31st sad.gif

Any suggestion on which day I should try making zombies out of them now? I thought on 29th since maybe TJ will change rates by then ~?

Any suggestion on which day I should try making zombies out of them now? I thought on 29th since maybe TJ will change rates by then ~?

As far as we know, there is no difference between days that are not the 31st, so it probably doesn't matter. But make sure you revive them when Zombies are visible.

Copied off of Google from wiki:

"On the first Sunday in November, at 2:00 a.m. EDT, clocks are moved back to 1:00 a.m. EST, thus "duplicating" one hour. Southern parts of the zone (Panama and the Caribbean) do not observe daylight saving time."

The first Sunday is Nov 6th.

(Good thing, too, because that would be a pain to work with for Halloween!)

Thank you! smile.gif I think I have my plans written down correctly now.

... And I've had twelve dragons dodge right now. blink.gif At least I had enough "zombie fodder" to get 5 tombstones, but only one was left that I didn't have to stab today. I guess I better get some more before Halloween if they keep dodging like that!

All my Sunsongs (4) and Skywings (2) dodged, and I really want an Amphiptere Zombie...

(Killed: Deep Sea, Fever, Mageia, Water, Two-Headed.)

Out of curiosity, has anyone turned a Vampire into a Zombie? Do they keep the "Bitten by" info?

I tried to kill Test of Bravery, but she dodged. I'll try again tomorrow, perhaps along with a hatchie or two. I'll pick up the first three eggs in the AP and hatch them.

Tried to Swim in Lava (from last year) dodged AGAIN this year.

First 5 adults killed. (Reminder to self, revive BEFORE 4:45 cave time (1:45 my time) on Halloween...)

Edit: Did I kill too soon?

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Out of curiosity, has anyone turned a Vampire into a Zombie? Do they keep the "Bitten by" info?

When I was updating the first two posts, someone did give me proof this was true:

- Question: What happens to vampires turned into zombies?

They will retain their sire/bitten information, but otherwise display the typical zombie information.

They did provide a zombie that died in 2010, though. But I would hope that if TJ changed how it worked, he would update previous zombies as well? o.o

Welp, I tried to zombify a hatchie, but it revived instead. Still nice since I got to freeze it (ran out of freezes earlier).

Used mobile internet for the first time in my life this morning to kill my 5 adults (internet was down). I had *nine* dodges, including all three of my two-headeds and two of my four xenowyrms. Ended up with 2 xenowyrms dead, one striped-river, one bolt, and one deep sea.

When I was updating the first two posts, someone did give me proof this was true:

They did provide a zombie that died in 2010, though. But I would hope that if TJ changed how it worked, he would update previous zombies as well? o.o

Welp, if the Vamp hatchie I found in the AP decides to go Z, then I'll know for sure. smile.gif

A guide to help people prepare to get Zombies. Some of us have issues with killing our pixel dragons, even ones specifically raised as kill fodder. That horrible, horrible message that we've all been warned about... (*shudder*) So, I went and typed up a little ditty that could help out those who want Zombies, but don't have the heart to kill.

Hopefully, you got adult Zombie fodder. Because they're the final step. The awful part. Adults can't be timed out. They don't die on their own. You do have to kill them yourself. And that message is horrible. Kill them within two weeks of any time that you are ready to attempt making zombies.

This is pretty much my way too but this is pretty much the 'emotional guide of getting a zombie.' Some people can't handle the kill message because they treat the dragons as another living being despite 'just being in a game.'

This works fine for those who see their dragons as just pixels, yes. but many don't. It may seem strange to some, but many players feel horrible about killing their pixels. wink.gif

It is horrible.

Despite the fact that it's quite ridiculously, that simple message makes me feel bad dry.gif

Rats! Forgot to kill 5 yesterday. Oh well.

Cheers!

C4.

Yessss, it worked, my 7 hatchies (S1 and S2) all are gravestones now! biggrin.gif Now lets hope at least one of each turns into a zombie^^

Yessss, it worked, my 7 hatchies (S1 and S2) all are gravestones now! biggrin.gif Now lets hope at least one of each turns into a zombie^^

Can you tell me how you did it? I have my Adult zombie fodder and I want hatchlings too but I dont want to use my kill slots, a few years ago it was super easy to view bomb them but its not working for me now :/

Can you tell me how you did it? I have my Adult zombie fodder and I want hatchlings too but I dont want to use my kill slots, a few years ago it was super easy to view bomb them but its not working for me now :/

You hatch the hatchling and then you have to fog and wait for it to die in the fog. It can still gender in the fog if it has enough views however.