Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

How long have non-EG way-back-in-the-lineage sprites been tiny? (Example: See first two generations) I feel like that went away for a while and now it's back, unless I just totally blanked.

Which is entirely possible.

How long have non-EG way-back-in-the-lineage sprites been tiny? (Example: See first two generations) I feel like that went away for a while and now it's back, unless I just totally blanked.

Which is entirely possible.

I think that's because the filled name-boxes with longer names stretch out the boxes, where ones with short names/codes don't, and have smaller boxes. smile.gif

Edit: addendum - I believe that the existing name-box size also affects those who come after, so the ones in the back with codes/short names will be smaller than than any occurring later in the progressive row of boxes which have been increasing in potential base size because of 'enclosing' those previous to it.

If I was more awake, I could maybe state that more clearly, but I wouldn't like to bet on it, lol.

Edit: thanks, pinkgothic, for acting as my brain and, evidently, my eyeballs... lol

Edited by Syphoneira

Several months, at least. I couldn't tell you when it changed exactly, though. I think around the time there were several lineage page display experiments? Don't quote me on that. laugh.gif

@Syphoneira: It's generation-dependant, actually (though what you mention does stretch the boxes themselves or make them fairly narrow - just not the sprites in it). smile.gif

I really enjoy Mana Alchemy! It's a fun game. I'm having trouble with the border colors, though. The pink and red and the yellow and green look too similar to each other. If you do this again, can you make the borders thicker or use more different colors? Thank you!

That's something that we struggled with; earlier they were even worse. I think some of the bright tile backgrounds made it harder to discern the borders; they perhaps should've been a bit more muted.

stogucheme, look in the corners of the tiles. The borders each have a different pattern in the corners and it's a bit easier to see the colors there.

stogucheme, look in the corners of the tiles. The borders each have a different pattern in the corners and it's a bit easier to see the colors there.

It's still not enough for me. I just find it easier to move the tiles around until I find where they will fit. So mostly I try to match them by background color.

It's still not enough for me. I just find it easier to move the tiles around until I find where they will fit. So mostly I try to match them by background color.

Me too - and I am beginning to simply remember which work and which don't.

Me too - and I am beginning to simply remember which work and which don't.

I think I've memorized the patters at this point. But I've enjoyed it!

Thank you for the response! I'm not sure how to fix it without losing specific elements; one idea was matching symbols. Um, you could make the border reference appear on the game screen so at least no one would have to scroll?

But yeah, I've memorized it, too. ...mostly. xd.png

Edited by stogucheme

Don't know if this is where this should go, but I'm tired of Scrolling through pages...

I've been getting a LOT more Refusals lately! A lot more. With dragons that are not replaceable. Is this going on for a lot of people or am I and my Scroll under some bad mojo?

ETA: gah - hit the wrong key there - anyway, is it possible to make Refusals NOT permanent? If not, why?

Edited by Ayelldee

Don't know if this is where this should go, but I'm tired of Scrolling through pages...

I've been getting a LOT more Refusals lately! A lot more. With dragons that are not replaceable. Is this going on for a lot of people or am I and my Scroll under some bad mojo?

ETA: gah - hit the wrong key there - anyway, is it possible to make Refusals NOT permanent? If not, why?

Would you like to revive this, perhaps?

Personally, I can't see any point to permanent Refusals at all...

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161551

Refuse to Have Refusals!, Because game-breaking.

AGH and GAHHH! I just had ANOTHER pointlessly frustrating REFUSAL!! PLEASE make it stop!!! I'll go postal! I'll scowl at somebody! Not ranting in any way. Really I'm not.

ETA: Would someone with the Powers that Be please explain the reason behind these Reusals and why they have to be permanent?

Edited by Ayelldee

Ugh, I hear you, Ayelldee. I support literally anything that gives more than a one-shot chance at removing or resetting refusals - they seem to me to be a holdover from the days before lineage breeding was a big part of the game and a totally unnecessary frustration that doesn't so much give a 'challenge' as just annoy the tar out of people. I adore the suggestion to just get rid of refusals altogether, I'm a fan of the Valentine BSA, and I love the Fleshcrowne suggestion as long as it would give more than one chance to reset a couple. Seriously. Anything to fix that ridiculous system.

Ugh, I hear you, Ayelldee. I support literally anything that gives more than a one-shot chance at removing or resetting refusals - they seem to me to be a holdover from the days before lineage breeding was a big part of the game and a totally unnecessary frustration that doesn't so much give a 'challenge' as just annoy the tar out of people. I adore the suggestion to just get rid of refusals altogether, I'm a fan of the Valentine BSA, and I love the Fleshcrowne suggestion as long as it would give more than one chance to reset a couple. Seriously. Anything to fix that ridiculous system.

Perhaps one time per couple per Fleshcrowne? IDK, I haven't actually read that BSA.

I think there should be some uniformity with the action page, IE having all the actions in the same place for eggs, hatchlings, and adults (where applicable.)

When I go through naming my dragons, where "name" is on adults, "Abandon" is on hatchlings. I've had a few close calls because of that.

kind of more of a gripe than a gamebreaker lol.

My breeding success-rate has plummeted this week! WTH is up with that??!! I suppose I can understand Metals/Prizes having crappy breeding ratios, but SwallowTails and Trihorns? Gimme a break! No interest, no egg, over and over. I wanna know who put the libido-blockers in my Cave water!

My breeding success-rate has plummeted this week! WTH is up with that??!! I suppose I can understand Metals/Prizes having crappy breeding ratios, but SwallowTails and Trihorns? Gimme a break! No interest, no egg, over and over. I wanna know who put the libido-blockers in my Cave water!

There are bad days and there are good days. I don't think that's a sign of anything really glitchy or wrong - just a bit of bad luck. I bet they all throw eggs next week. ;p

I think we all have our stories of bad luck, even with new breeds that breed worse than bunnies.

There are bad days and there are good days. I don't think that's a sign of anything really glitchy or wrong - just a bit of bad luck. I bet they all throw eggs next week. ;p

I think we all have our stories of bad luck, even with new breeds that breed worse than bunnies.

This is true. Just this last two weeks I have got two golds and a silver from resistant pairs... and I've not been breeding a lot in case I won the raffle xd.png

But Miss Fuzz, I wasn't trying to breed Metals (mine hate me), just NebulaexSunSongs and TrihornsXSwallowtails. It's as if an immense dose of saltpetre had been fed all my dragons. Nobody's havin' fun here! dry.gif

AGH and GAHHH! I just had ANOTHER pointlessly frustrating REFUSAL!! PLEASE make it stop!!! I'll go postal! I'll scowl at somebody! Not ranting in any way. Really I'm not.

ETA: Would someone with the Powers that Be please explain the reason behind these Reusals and why they have to be permanent?

Refusals are pretty much the worst possible thing that can happen in DC, in my opinion. I've had one of my male dragons refuse BOTH of my Mistletoes, and now I REALLY, REALLY want that Fleshcrowne BSA. I already wanted to collect them, now this would give me a reason!

But Miss Fuzz, I wasn't trying to breed Metals (mine hate me), just NebulaexSunSongs and TrihornsXSwallowtails. It's as if an immense dose of saltpetre had been fed all my dragons. Nobody's havin' fun here! dry.gif

No I KNOW, Mr - Um - DEE ! - but my commons have mostly been OK too - though I now have to confess that for the first time EVER two out of three of my GoNs were too tired to bother. That was unusual.

@ Lumikkja - this isn't about refusals - this is about "showed no interest" or "failed to produce an egg>"

I think.

This week I got 2 eggs (1 rare 1 not) out of ~10 of my rare and mixed-rarity pairs whereas last week I got ~5/7. On the other hand I think I got only one 'no egg' out of about 10 - 12 BSA breeding-to-APs this week.

Also, I'm so used to neither having nor needing Fertility BSAs that I forgot to use a purple on the one pair I really need offspring from. *le sigh* No one to blame but myself for that.

Edit: stray words again, and something I forgot.

Edited by ObsessedWithCats