Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I thought it'd be good to raise attention to the "recent news" section on the new homepage - it doesn't seem to update properly when a new thread appears in the news section. I'm pretty sure that the first raffle status thread was added with a delay, The Glorydrake+Solstice update thread appeared there with a delay, I posted about it here - I don't know when the first raffle update and the fertility thread were added to the home page. And the latest raffle update isn't there yet.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I thought it'd be good to raise attention to the "recent news" section on the new homepage - it doesn't seem to update properly when a new thread appears in the news section. I'm pretty sure that the first raffle status thread was added with a delay, The Glorydrake+Solstice update thread appeared there with a delay, I posted about it here - I don't know when the first raffle update and the fertility thread were added to the home page. And the latest raffle update isn't there yet.

TJ may have to hard code that into the home page, which would account for a delay.

My notification for the Raffle update post arrived Sun, Feb 01, 2015 12:41 PM approximately 2 minutes after posting. TJ has said that some of his posts (specifically new egg drops) do not generate email notifications due to the way he posts some of them, don't remember the particulars, but I seem to have received mine lately.

Edit: Oops, sorry I guess I wasn't properly awake.

Edited by raindear

My notification for the Raffle update post arrived Sun, Feb 01, 2015 12:41 PM approximately 2 minutes after posting. TJ has said that some of his posts (specifically new egg drops) do not generate email notifications due to the way he posts some of them, don't remember the particulars, but I seem to have received mine lately.

It wasn't the emails that were the issue here - it was the right hand side of the cave homepage.

ACTUALLY - as a result of some discussion here - it occurs to me that it would be good if totally out of date things were removed from the cave page in a "timely fashion". We don't need

• Happy Valentine's Day
  • Valentine's Day Timeline
Or even
  • Planned Site Downtime

any more

and even

• Raffle Update
is rather old to be useful ?

REALLY like the new redesign of the Cave Page/Scroll Page. However, I would like the scrolling background to be an option, since that seems to have been turned off for everyone. I quite enjoyed it, no nausea or anything and I loved the background art. So please make that aspect optional for all of us.

I'd like if the old scroll background was still available. I like the new buttons and stuff, but the new background gives me a headache.

REALLY like the new redesign of the Cave Page/Scroll Page. However, I would like the scrolling background to be an option, since that seems to have been turned off for everyone. I quite enjoyed it, no nausea or anything and I loved the background art. So please make that aspect optional for all of us.

I liked it too, I really liked to see the eggs at the bottom of the page. The artwork is beautiful. I'd like to be able to see all of it somehow.

I agree, it felt sort of like a game, as you look at the bottom of your scroll, you see the bottom of the cave.

Mine stopped scrolling, but then I did a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5), and it fixed the background so it moves again.

Mine stopped scrolling, but then I did a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5), and it fixed the background so it moves again.

That worked for me too.

Is it just me or is the font on our scrolls smaller/fuzzier somehow?

I really like the new background, but I hope there's some way for us to see all of it biggrin.gif

Is it just me or is the font on our scrolls smaller/fuzzier somehow?

I think the scrunched-up-ness to the text that I have had a problem with is a result of it being a serif font plus kerning (where letters are too close together) - I am not sure if fixing one of those would help or if it would need to be both. Personally the size doesn't bother me but it may be smaller than before, not sure. I think I read something that talked about space (look/layout of the site, having less blank space overall) issues so changing to a sans serif font with similar size and kerning might be the change to make first so that the site look/layout could be preserved the way TJ has changed it to? Although it doesn't seem like text is the only thing that affected the less-space-ness of the site so maybe more with the text could be changed without affecting that goal.

But I had a lot of problem with fuzziness also, where the text got buzzy when I looked at it, especially the white site navigation links at the top due to the curved parts of letters seeming oversharpened.

edit: font was changed (TJ's post)

Edited by diaveborn

(Drags thread back to the first page)

It's time to bring this suggestion up - yet again. Sunday was another new Release - for some of us. These new eggs didn't even seem to fall as long as the Coppers did, and we all remember the great howlings and complaining about THAT. This Release didn't go on long enough for a LOT of DC players to be able to snag even one of the new eggs. Although I was one of the lucky ones, I'm still lobbying for a new Release to fall at least 24 hours so ALL of DC can grab the new eggs.

Fair's fair. Yeh, I KNOW - Life isn't 'fair' - this is a game, not capital L Life.

I still don't see that normal breeds need to drop for 24 hours. They're going to be available forever, there's all the time in the world to collect them.

And I was still seeing at least fairly solid blocks of the new eggs until, like, 1 AM last night? There were new eggs that were sitting for a fairly long time considering they're brand new.

Like I've said in the release thread, if you release rares for 24 hours they'll be supersuperrares once the block stops because the ratios just can't do that. A more feasible solution to the problem you're seeing would be advanced warning of a day or two before the release and keeping releases to Saturdays.

How about a limit per scroll during the first drop? So instead of the first players grabbing 7 new eggs and late arrivals getting nothing, they're spread out a bit more? Dunno, just thinking out loud.

How about a limit per scroll during the first drop? So instead of the first players grabbing 7 new eggs and late arrivals getting nothing, they're spread out a bit more? Dunno, just thinking out loud.

I would REALLY hate that. (I speak as one who was locked and has only one so far.)

Like I've said in the release thread, if you release rares for 24 hours they'll be supersuperrares once the block stops because the ratios just can't do that. A more feasible solution to the problem you're seeing would be advanced warning of a day or two before the release and keeping releases to Saturdays.

Not if TJ adjusts the ratios accordingly.

I'm also rather unhappy with this rare release. I know it's stupid to get worked up like this about a mere game, but it's still annoying.

For me - im living in the MET timezone, which is 6 hours ahead of DC time, the release started at 6 PM. Of course, I didn't notice before it was about 6 hours into the release because I wasn't expecting a Sunday release. (If anybody needs to ask, that's about midnight.) And when I came back around noon (my time), the eggs were hard to get already. Just perfect.

Not if TJ adjusts the ratios accordingly.

I'm also rather unhappy with this rare release. I know it's stupid to get worked up like this about a mere game, but it's still annoying.

For me - im living in the MET timezone, which is 6 hours ahead of DC time, the release started at 6 PM. Of course, I didn't notice before it was about 6 hours into the release because I wasn't expecting a Sunday release. (If anybody needs to ask, that's about midnight.) And when I came back around noon (my time), the eggs were hard to get already. Just perfect.

Same here... I noticed the release in the morning and was still egglocked with other eggs and when I got unlocked I saw it's useless to cave hunt because they were already gone sleep.gif

Why change the release day to sunday when saturday was so much better... Since people have school/work on monday it's easier to stay up late on saturday for us that are ahead of DC time.

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I liked it too, I really liked to see the eggs at the bottom of the page. The artwork is beautiful. I'd like to be able to see all of it somehow.

http://i57.tinypic.com/xoplhh.png Tada!

and I do not agree to adding limits to new releases. they are permanent, everyone will have them eventually. And I say that as someone who rarely grabs more than 2 of any kind.

Same here... I noticed the release in the morning and was still egglocked with other eggs and when I got unlocked I saw it's useless to cave hunt because they were already gone sleep.gif

Why change the release day to sunday when saturday was so much better... Since people have school/work on monday it's easier to stay up late on saturday for us that are ahead of DC time.

You know - there are a LOT of players who AREN'T in school or in Monday to Friday jobs. Some people (including many students actually !) work Saturdays. Some people are in countries where Saturday in the US is Sunday for them. And so on.

NO day will suit everyone, but I think Sunday works for more people than any other day.

And this is not self interest - I am retired and all days are the same for me xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

As much as I like loading up on eggs as much as anyone else playing (and as much as "you can only pick up two" would frustrate me because I aim for two adult pairs, i.e. four of each species), I'd totally accept a temporary catching limit for breeds meant to be rare, just so people have a more evened out chance at getting some.

That being said, I don't know how common grabbing more than two eggs of a new release even is in regards to the habits of the entire player base - it could be that so few people grab more than two that it would only end up frustrating them, but not actually have any significant effect on the distribution of eggs. I know a lot of people on the forums grab more than two (I'm one of those), but that could be a skewed sample.

I'd also support not having releases in timeslots that are Monday for some parts of the world. Saturday was good for that. Yes, you can't please everyone, but I imagine the percentage of people impacted by a release falling onto a Monday (in some parts of the world) is higher than people impacted by a release that falls onto the weekend regardless what timezone one's looking at. (Mind you, that's purely my gut feeling - I might be wrong about that, I don't have Dragon Cave's site statistics, either, after all. happy.gif)

Edit: Since it's been confirmed that the rarity was because of a glitch rather than intentional, the above is not as pressing any more, but I consider the feedback general enough to stand on its own, so I'm leaving it here. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

You know - there are a LOT of players who AREN'T in school or in Monday to Friday jobs. Some people (including many students actually !) work Saturdays. Some people are in countries where Saturday in the US is Sunday for them. And so on.

NO day will suit everyone, but I think Sunday works for more people than any other day.

And this is not self interest - I am retired and all days are the same for me xd.png

Not really. Sunday noon EST is just what for Australians? Considering that Australia is 13 to 15 hours ahead of DC time, it was already Monday for them when the drop started, not to mention in the middle of the night. Definitely a perfect time for a release - at least much, much better than 24 hours before then. /sarcasm

People from Asia are in a similar situation, and Europeans, though better off than them, still might run into problems if they're not there as soon as the drop starts.

Edited by olympe

i dont support the limit on new releases. i also dont support making new releases drop like holidays (like others have said, it skews the ratios too much later on; so unless TJ doesn't count those eggs as part of the ratio, thats a no go for me).

i think the best thing to do is to go back to regularly scheduled releases. every single release went so smooth last year with very little complaining. i'd love to have that back tbh.