Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

It's just the Android mobile site being given to everyone now. For maintainability reasons.

There'll be a bigger mobile update coming at some point. That one will be accompanied by an announcement, beta, etc.

Idk what he did, but now right-clicking and opening actions in a new tab gives me the 'invalid referrer'* page again. This makes me angry. Whatever you did, teej, please put it back.

Right click

Open link in new tab

"Warning! An invalid referrer has been detected. If you came to this page on your own, make sure referers are enabled in your browser.

Detected referrer: None

If you would like, you can choose to continue to the actions page regardless of this issue."

the underlined text is a link to the actions page i was trying to get to. [not in this post but on the page]

This is still happening.

EDIT: Oh, well alright. Still dunno why it started working, then went back to this then. Maybe my computer's just dumb. [because i havent changed anything, and you havent changed anything, then my computer is doing something on its own which is entirely within the realm of possibility and i wish it would stop ghjdfglkjfghdfgh]

Edited by Whitefire

A question about the Leave an egg, Take an egg page. After maintenence it cleared all the eggs that were listed when things went down for maintenence. Is it supposed to do that?

Edited by Dracaena

A question about the Leave an egg, Take an egg page. After maintenence it cleared all the eggs that were listed when things went down for maintenence. Is it supposed to do that?

I've seen it do it every day, so i suppose so wink.gif

Probably not. It probably treats a failed API request (e.g. during maintenance) the same as if the transfer no longer exists.

This is still happening.

EDIT: Oh, well alright. Still dunno why it started working, then went back to this then. Maybe my computer's just dumb. [because i havent changed anything, and you havent changed anything, then my computer is doing something on its own which is entirely within the realm of possibility and i wish it would stop ghjdfglkjfghdfgh]

What browser are you using? I've had this happen in Opera and Safari, but haven't had any trouble with it in Chrome. I don't know if this is the entirety of the problem, but it's made it more convenient for me.

Just a tiny little suggestion which would make me REALLY happy...

When we generate a 'port and are give the teleport's adress it's always displayed with several spaces before it. So when we double-click and c&p it, the spaces are copied as well. Which in turn really screws up inserting the copied link anywhere, like on the forums. I always have to take out the spaces by hand or the link gets all ugly and screwed up.

I don't know if anyone but me is annoyed by that but I think it would be an easy enough thing to fix in one of the upcoming updates smile.gif

Edit: OBVIOUSLY I'm an idiot thinking different than everybody else. I always click on the bolded text not on the link in the box... which apparently EVERYBODY ELSE does (as I was assured in the irc).

Well I guess ignore me :/

Edited by herk

Just a tiny little suggestion which would make me REALLY happy...

When we generate a 'port and are give the teleport's adress it's always displayed with several spaces before it. So when we double-click and c&p it, the spaces are copied as well. Which in turn really screws up inserting the copied link anywhere, like on the forums. I always have to take out the spaces by hand or the link gets all ugly and screwed up.

I don't know if anyone but me is annoyed by that but I think it would be an easy enough thing to fix in one of the upcoming updates smile.gif

Huh. I've never noticed a problem with it... don't think it's been happening for me. What browser are you using?

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or in the Help section, but as it is not something I need help with, I think this is the safer bet.

I've noticed a lot of glitching lately with the dragon sprites. The screenshots thread has a lot of, er, screenshots, which evidence the problem. It usually fixes itself within a few minutes, but it is still rather annoying. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon, or should I learn to live with it? :3

Some screenshot examples are here, here 2 and there.

the news thread was closed but .... OMG THANK YOU for putting in the multi-sort option <3

part of the reason i took a few months off DC is because my scroll was driving me nuts (not being properly sorted) and becoming a job at maintaining.

this new feature makes my OCD very happy happy.gif

so thanks again TJ, by far my fav new feature <3

Yeah, I'd like to see a badge to lead to the Encyclopedia as well. Just seems a bit more neat than putting it on the Account page.

Don't know if it's ever been suggested, but I was wondering if, when sorting by "date" (or at least, "date" with "reverse sort"), all the eggs could be together at the top of the scroll before any other growing things. It'd be more intuitive (if I remember correctly there have been questions about it before) and would reduce the risk of problems related to doing things quickly, tiredly, etc (e.g. forgetting to influence because you forgot you picked up a certain egg and never scrolled down far enough).

Edit: Or maybe make sort by growth the default?

Edit again: I think I withdraw this suggestion because I don't fully understand why certain things happen with certain types of sort.

Edited by diaveborn

When you check "Sort by date" there's a little check mark below to put eggs and growing hatchlings at the top of your scroll. I don't use that sort, but I would expect it would put eggs then hatchlings at the top of your scroll.

When you check "Sort by date" there's a little check mark below to put eggs and growing hatchlings at the top of your scroll. I don't use that sort, but I would expect it would put eggs then hatchlings at the top of your scroll.

Sadly not sad.gif (I do use that !)

I would like it if, when you sorted your scroll by breed, eggs would be sorted by breed followed by the hatchlings sorted by breed. I would prefer if the eggs were seperate.

sorry about being complainer-y.

Edited by Meg_752

Nothing against mods who approve descriptions, I know they are volunteers and all. But please, don't pick your favorites from the queue. It would only be fair to moderate pending descriptions by time of submission. Waiting is hard enough as it is.

Thanks for undergoing the approval task, it can't be easy. But I have descriptions in the queue for way over a whole year, I hardly can see a reason why other players have descriptions approved on dragons that were raised around Halloween this year.

Edited by Rally Vincent

Can mods see whose they are? Must say I never thought this went on but you can always pm sock if you want them done fast and many do do so.

Nothing against mods who approve descriptions, I know they are volunteers and all. But please, don't pick your favorites from the queue. It would only be fair to moderate pending descriptions by time of submission. Waiting is hard enough as it is.

Thanks for undergoing the approval task, it can't be easy. But I have descriptions in the queue for way over a whole year, I hardly can see a reason why other players have descriptions approved on dragons that were raised around Halloween this year.

IIRC, several mods will check your descriptions if you directly ask them. I'm guessing those Halloweens with descriptions were approved like this...

I do definitely agree something needs to be done about the description approval system. I know the mods are doing whatever they can and it can be an incredibly mind-numbing task... but I don't really see why there can't simply be moderators with the sole task of reviewing descriptions. Off the top of my head I can think of a few people who are definitely suited (if they're willing is a different matter altogether, of course).

IIRC, several mods will check your descriptions if you directly ask them.

That would be unfair to other users, wouldn't it? I am not going to ask for special treatment.

That would be unfair to other users, wouldn't it? I am not going to ask for special treatment.

It's basically either "the mods are too busy to go through the massive backlog" or "the mods are too busy to go through the massive backlog, but since you've asked they'll make an exception for your relatively tiny list of pending descriptions".

I do agree that the description approval system is due for some changes and dedicated description mods are direly needed, but I do not share your view on the current "workaround" to the insane backlog.

Edited by CNR4806

Well as others do,you are moving yourself to the back of the line by not doing!

Its no secret that I dont like doing descriptions. When I do bother with them, its for the breeds I know. There are far too many breeds that I dont know the information for, for me to feel comfortable doing them.

If doing descriptions were a simple matter of read this, approve or reject as needed, then it wouldnt be a problem. However, there is a LOT more to it than that.

People want comments any time something is rejected, people dont want slight edits made without their permission (I have NO qualms with doing slight edits, such as adding a missing comma, or fixing slight typos). Theres a bunch of things we have to check, in addition to the descriptions themselves, and having to leave comments on each and every thing drives me batty.

Then theres the whole descriptions themselves: having to check for whether the description fits rules AND the breed, that it has no typos, that it makes sense and fits perspectives. More people scanning descriptions does help make the job go faster, most descriptions I see lately only have 2-3 comments on them.. i rely on those comments to help point out things i may have missed (and to decide if its something I'll edit myself or not).

I would far rather see descriptions just hit the site directly and be reportable, than to have to sit around spending all day giving peoples descriptions permission to be posted.