GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought about that. Maybe do a month of mass breeding things like whiptails and water striders to try get these to become more rare, or something?

Perhaps as well as that, how about asking people to pledge some of their egg slots to hatching/growing some of the uber-commoms? For example, with 5 slots you could pledge to hatch 2 uber-commons at a time? Afterwards, the hatchies could be further grown, frozen, or abandoned to the AP for someone else to adopt. Otherwise, all those mass-bred common eggs would just end up dying and it wouldn't make much difference in the long run.

Thought about that. Maybe do a month of mass breeding things like whiptails and water striders to try get these to become more rare, or something?

It might help, yes.

I've been mostly raising and breeding (inbred) water walkers myself.

I miss my blacks, but then I guess it's not a huge deal for me anymore.

*yawn*

Perhaps as well as that, how about asking people to pledge some of their egg slots to hatching/growing some of the uber-commoms?

Isn't that kinda the point of these two threads already?

Besides which, while a lack of commons being raised is certainly the normal problem, with all the reports of even commons not breeding well, right now, I suspect the current problem is an issue of low numbers in general, rather than that the ratios are off (more than normal). And short of breeding improving again on a large scale, I'm not sure how that would be fixed.

Isn't that kinda the point of these two threads already?

Good point - I always forget about those. The Evil Project is very much what I had in mind, perhaps I should sign up - I could actually do with picking up a few of the more common breeds anyway. Regarding the SYWASE project, with breeding being what it is, the distant promise of a silver egg might not be the inducement it once was. A prize that you might never get to see is not much of a prize. (Not to mention that trying to breed the rewards can also potentially also produce even more so-called "unwanted" breeds.)

Besides which, while a lack of commons being raised is certainly the normal problem, with all the reports of even commons not breeding well, right now, I suspect the current problem is an issue of low numbers in general, rather than that the ratios are off (more than normal).  And short of breeding improving again on a large scale, I'm not sure how that would be fixed.

Hmmm, true. It wouldn't be much of a mass-breed if all that was produced was a bunch of "no interest" and "no egg"!

I've actually managed to breed plenty of magis, but they were all PB. Pink also bred about 20 or so pebbles out of 100 pairs, though I think there would have been more if they were paired up with each other IF they didn't have a chance to make geodes.

I've been picking up CB commons because the lack of anything interesting on the AP is pretty much making me come up with something to do. I've actually started a PB mint and PB pillow lineage. Hopefully one I have all my CB commons I can start on the rest of the lineages. Also, less time hunting means I have time to do other things now instead of worrying about getting a CB black or whatever. Commons can breed, you just pretty much have to force them to make a common by pairing them up with another common or a holiday.

5 golds: no egg

9 silvers: no egg

trios: 1 nocture

black x stripe: no egg

pink x pink: no egg

nebula x nebula: Holy censorkip.gif ! An egg!

If people are thinking of raising commons, why not pick them off the Cave, rather than breeding them?

That way the existing scroll-raised population has the capacity to raise 2nd gens, rather than starting from at least 2nd gen and removes the Drop-blockers from source.

Just a thought...

I try to breed Black x Black but I get nothing...

And other Breeds like Red don't breed well either.

I'm worried I'm not going to be able to produce my Springs from Winters for the Seasonal Lineage. sad.gif

Well, this morning I bred around 60-70-something silvers. I got one shiny. :B But at least I can breed a shiny at all lately. ;_;

And I know one friend who's been lucky two weeks in a row with one their metallics, getting a shiny from a white twice in 2 weeks. :B

@Syphoneira: I've actually begun collecting more CB commons. Since the metal breeding ratios have gone down, I can't lock myself with 5 shiny eggs all the time lol. So I have more space for those commons.

Edited by Infinis

I'm worried I'm not going to be able to produce my Springs from Winters for the Seasonal Lineage. sad.gif

That is THE thing that is working for me big time - my own seasonal projects. Just a couple of refusals/headaches - and with the number involved, I'd have expected a few.

PM me if Springs from CB winters might help smile.gif

Given the black stripe thing, I still think it all started with that - blacks are the LOWEST breeding up there.

I just bred through my 11 silvers and 7 golds yesterday and got not a single egg, shiny or otherwise. Some of them are paired with blacks, but most are paired with commons that usually breed well.

Just bred 17 metallicxcommon pairs. About half are with blacks or vines, the other half with assorted super commons that before this drought usually at least spit out a common egg. Not a single egg this week, either- common or otherwise.

Also, as to the person who suggested just picking up commons rather than breeding them...one, lineage projects. Two, I can't pick up that fifth egg, which is where I breed. And I'd rather have something there than nothing, even if it's a 32nd gen inbred mint.

Also, I just noticed that people were keeping tabs on established pairs refusing. Last week I had two established cb stripe pairs, a stripexyulebuck pair, and a geode pair refuse. All had bred successfully before. I was very upsetting, since ALL of those pairs were being used for personal lineage projects. I've just got to hope their offspring never start refusing their mates.

Edited by 00n0b0dy

Omg Established pairs are starting to refuse now....that sucks...i'm sorry for those that have had that happened....any refusals i have had lately had been unestablished pairs...

*breathes a sigh of relief* at least my purples are cooperating...i had one cb pair give me no egg but the other pairs i've breed have been kind to me....Thats a project i need come catching up in....

as for picking up and raising common eggs.....sure i'll do that if i find i need an egg from a particular common breed....currently i have picked up a needed storm egg from the cave...and also a skywing...

congrats to those lucky enough to breed teh shinehs i haven't seen a shiney egg on my scroll...for long time....very long time....not that i've been too dissapointed there are few metallics that i want from my dragons

ok its been a little over a month since i last had a gold on my scroll and i picked that one up from the AP

I thought pairs that had bred could not refuse (they can have a headache...) If a pair you can show offspring from later refuses, I think you are supposed to PM TJ...

Went through my stripes and rares again and got the same result - zilch.

New whole week stats...

yesterday ============= today

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As a byproduct of the lack of productivity i.e. very low ap numbers of eggs trading/gifting to another player is really at high risk at the moment (apart from the surge caused from the new eggs being added). When there were sufficient lines on the ap available you'd stand a fighting chance of getting an egg/hatchie through--now I wouldn't even attempt it. *wishes Teleport were here now* dry.gif

On Friday, before the new eggs, I attempted breeding my Metallics, a few Stripes, some Blacks, Nebulae and Trios.

Zilcho

Nada

Zero

am sad

Couple of days ago, tried breeding all of my gold and silvers - zero eggs.

I got some commons with my trios and not a thing with my black pairs. It's been very depressing.

Lets see when stats normalize with the new eggs...

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image