GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure what to add, but my "No eggs produced" pictogram is now almost 10 times longer than the other three columns.

This is depressing, I've been holding out from breeding for a while but tried a bit today anyways just to see if things changed

"no egg produced" over and over and over. What fun is THIS??? dry.gif

Wow, the irony! I just got two "no egg" results from balloon x mint pairs. ._. Practically all of my projects were halted with this breeding draught and I thought I would be safe with super-common x super-common...apparently this wasn't the case. At least my whites are still doing ok.

I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to the Fertility BSA... :-o

This could be the problem or the solution. I know TJ said that he did not change anything. Rumors say, the changes are to come in May. I hope May this year. rolleyes.gif

When dragons breed easily, why do you need a fertility BSA ?

As the situation is now - it is almost impossible to breed without this BSA.

I've been trying a few of my commons, ofcource all i got was the no egg produced tongue.gif

My metallics are on hold for another 3 days i'll try again then.

@tikigurl91 i just LOVE your avatar biggrin.gif

I bred ALL my Stripes yesterday (and I have quite a few). But I didn´t get ONE single egg, not even the wrong one.

I mostly got the "no egg produced"-message or "no interest". sad.gif

I hope "Fertility" comes soon. unsure.gif

I stoped to breed my metallics 2 or 3 weeks ago. There's no point to do something again and again with no result at all (just like summoning xd.png )

We have a breeding drought, and well..... Hunting in the cave has never been better. I've picked up some real nice goodies. I know of some folk who picked up CB blacks and one girl managed to collect a chicken, a magma and a sunsong all in 10 minutes! Never been Better.

Breeding though. Admittedly the lack of beingable to get successful eggs from breedings has been short of heart breaking for some. Lineage projects are almost put on hold. What initially was going ot be a cake walk (easy) project has turned out MUCH harder due to a few recent additions. This is life, and part of the game. Still, the Cave has never been better. :3

I know that in the recent past that not having good access to CB eggs has been a huge complaint. AP was always chock full of eggs that were typically unwanted. People breeding their whole scrolls for fun or simply breeding all their metallics to get or gift metallics, dumping the rest.

I think that it is hard to find the perfect balance in this game. there will always be those who are pleased and those who are displeased. Cave hunting is great so people are happy, but breeding is the pits and people are unhappy. I admit, I fit both those bills at the moment.

So I may suggest, go out, catch those CB eggs because at some point in the near future, I am sure the favour will switch once more to breeding and we'll be cursing ourselves for not grabbing the eggs while they were available.

My suggestion is. Take the good with the bad. Go get CB eggs. It's never been better.

As it is, I shall breed fail later today tongue.gif

edit: Trios have been breeding wonderfully lately. Except for me, but I expect this. tongue.gif

Edited by Starscream

I just don't get why TJ would shift the 'favor' to the cave and make breeding so difficult rather than implementing the things he said he was going to implement months ago. Instead of a quick fix, why not the permanent fix.

Biomes and increased limits AND Rare x Rare breeding would have helped both the AP and the Cave tremendously. Not cutting breeding off and opening up the cave. That's just going to do the same as what adding the limit to Earthquake did. Make some people happy, and even more people angry.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. This doesn't solve anything, just makes things bad in a different way.

I've had dandy luck with my pinks and reds. /does not know what the problem is

I just don't get why TJ would shift the 'favor' to the cave and make breeding so difficult rather than implementing the things he said he was going to implement months ago. Instead of a quick fix, why not the permanent fix.

Biomes and increased limits AND Rare x Rare breeding would have helped both the AP and the Cave tremendously. Not cutting breeding off and opening up the cave. That's just going to do the same as what adding the limit to Earthquake did. Make some people happy, and even more people angry.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. This doesn't solve anything, just makes things bad in a different way.

Actually, from what I've read in other threads, TJ has stated he didn't change anything.

Which just makes things all the more confusing for me to be honest, but hopefully the cave fill find it's balance again soon.

Edited to clarify.

Edited by MissK.

Huh. Pinks and Reds began breeding again. Only got one egg from my embers, and I've been having bluna luck. Oh and now that I have a proper grasp on things I'm discovering my faithfuls. *patpats*

xd.png, I've decided now, rather than restraining myself I will now raise only dragons bred from my own lineages and breed every damned week till I clog the ap. this drop on breeding success is only a minor bump in the road. wink.gif I was restraining myself and not breeding every damned pair I have but the decreased breeding success has made me mad

I get to try my stripes again tomorrow. They've not been producing for weeks now. sad.gif

xd.png, I've decided now, rather than restraining myself I will now raise only dragons bred from my own lineages and breed every damned week till I clog the ap. this drop on breeding success is only a minor bump in the road. wink.gif I was restraining myself and not breeding every damned pair I have but the decreased breeding success has made me mad

I was just about to tip your post/karma ya but then I realized I was on the wrong forums for either. But yeah, basically this. Since I breed pretty lil ones I don't have to feel bad and this was the course of action I chose to take.

I think this is what caused this to begin with. It all happened right after the mass breed after the black striped and alt nebula release, so I think your idea will make matters even worse.

I'm also annoyed at the whole situation, but I believe it'll be either a matter of time (until ratios even out), or maybe a permanent damage that was to happen sooner or later. The good thing is that hunting for eggs has become easier.

Well recently I was lucky enough to catch a CB Stripe egg in the Cave. Will I breed it when it grows up? Probably not based on the complete lack of anything like success in doing any stripe breedings lately. dry.gif

I just tried to breed a gold, silver, 2 Ice, 2 magma, and a Thunder. Not even a common was produced! I normally at least get one common out of breeding all of those dragons, but I've never gotten completely nothing from those dragons! sad.gif

I have similar feelings.

*breeds horde of pebbles*

Also, I probably need to start collecting water walkers for times like these.

It seems like those are the best.

I should collect some inbreds too...

This could actually be beneficial to the ratios, if enough people get mad and start raising cave blocker commons so they can dump out their babies in the AP.

xd.png

I bred a striped egg earlier, but it was lost in trade and the new owner killed it. Still, at least I got something. >w>

Actually, from what I've read in other threads, TJ has stated he didn't change anything.

Which just makes things all the more confusing for me to be honest, but hopefully the cave fill find it's balance again soon.

Edited to clarify.

I find that hard to believe. How can it go from metals produce a good amount to almost nothing at all in a matter of days...?

Just doesn't make sense to me...

And no, I really do NOT think mass breeding commons will help at all. I'm mad that breeding has been sucking lately but I will not try to purposely block the AP and inconvenience other people. It won't help the rares/uncommons start breeding again and it will only make people even more upset.

I mean, that's what caused this whole mess in the first place. >.<

Edited by tikigurl91

bred 47 thunders only 3 thunder eggs came out and 5 were all different eggs and 39 were all refusals, etc.

I have noticed, though, that several days ago, the variety of common eggs in the cave seems to be more normal again. So it does appear that the big bump in the ratios due to the new release has finally settled down for the most part.