GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just bred 17 metallicxcommon pairs. About half are with blacks or vines, the other half with assorted super commons that before this drought usually at least spit out a common egg. Not a single egg this week, either- common or otherwise.

Also, as to the person who suggested just picking up commons rather than breeding them...one, lineage projects. Two, I can't pick up that fifth egg, which is where I breed. And I'd rather have something there than nothing, even if it's a 32nd gen inbred mint.

Also, I just noticed that people were keeping tabs on established pairs refusing. Last week I had two established cb stripe pairs, a stripexyulebuck pair, and a geode pair refuse. All had bred successfully before. I was very upsetting, since ALL of those pairs were being used for personal lineage projects. I've just got to hope their offspring never start refusing their mates.

If established pairs that you know have bred successfully in the past are suddenly refusing, you need to PM TJ. I might be a good idea to take screenshots of the refusal moment and of their previous progeny together.

As for this past week I bred one silver and I actually managed to breed a black, both of which ended up getting kicked from my scroll. My golds still refuse to give shiny eggs. xd.png

My trios, on the other hand, seem to be breeding okay. My thunders never really ever bred well so the thunder I bred and kicked a few days ago was a nice surprise. I also bred and tossed an ice egg.

I've bred a couple nebulas in the past week or so also, though usually that was from nebula x holiday pairs. My other nebula x something pairs don't give any eggs. |D

As for stripes, still nothing.

About tridymite's latest post with stats, I find it interesting and somewhat alarming that the number of gold Tinsels is higher than that of silvers (the old metallics). o_o

I suppose it's almost pointless to metion I didn't get anything from my 11 silver and 6 gold pairs the previous week...hopefully I'll have better luck in a couple of days when they can breed again.

My Trios are fluctuating between flooding me with eggs and not even giving me commons.

The 6 stripe pairs I just tried gave me nothing, as expected. I won't be breeding my blacks until after I get some more of the new eggs, just in case they actually feel productive (wishful thinking, I know).

Some other commons I've been having issues with seem to be doing better though. My whites, pinks and some reds are actually giving me eggs most of the time. :3

My whites, pinks and some reds are actually giving me eggs most of the time.

Mine are too but it's often the third or fourth try with them.

Just managed to get a Red Dorsal egg from CB Red Dorsal parents, so perhaps things are slowly starting to look up again.

Tried breeding several of my blacks today with no luck. My two silvers haven't produced any eggs in some time. sad.gif

Tried all my silvers, golds and stripes and got two red eggs. I also bred a nebula for someone as a gift and it took me 5 nebbies before I got an egg (it was a nebula). Haven't tried my trios this week yet.

I tried all my dragons for eggies earlier.

I got what I wanted: An inbred water walker.

None of my others, which include about 25+ silvers and I think 30 golds, produced anything though.

of 39 pairs:

21 eggs (all commons)

5 no interests

13 no eggs produced

one of my Thunders gave me a common egg. all the other rares (a Gold, a Silver and 7 Trios) just keep telling NO sad.gif

More drops in commons (because they dont drop and are not bred due to new eggs)

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Just a general overview

user posted image

Oi, trios go down (again), and other go down too (no breeding and no dropping)

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Well I would expect most breeds to go down right now since everyone is locking themselves with the new eggs and the cave is also going to be dropping more of the new eggs and less of the old ones.

But I did just breed almost all of my Trios last night and only got one Thunder out of all of them, whereas I usually get a few more than that, so the Trio success rate has gone down a bit for me

Still no luck with Metals, Stripes, or Blacks.

Edited by tikigurl91

I can't breed Stripes or Blacks either, but the rest of mine are doing okay. . . .

Well I would expect most breeds to go down right now since everyone is locking themselves with the new eggs and the cave is also going to be dropping more of the new eggs and less of the old ones.

But I did just breed almost all of my Trios last night and only got one Thunder out of all of them, whereas I usually get a few more than that, so the Trio success rate has gone down a bit for me

Still no luck with Metals, Stripes, or Blacks.

Metal, stripes and blacks do seem to be dead in the water so-to-speak but I've tried for other breedings and had no luck either. I wish I had an ounce of musical talent because I think, at this point, we need some sort of blues song for the breeding drought.."the breeding blues" (I'm sure someone could come up with a better name). laugh.gif

Edited by Misha

Metal, stripes and blacks do seem to be dead in the water so-to-speak but I've tried for other breedings and had no luck either. I wish I had an ounce of musical talent because I think, at this point, we need some sort of blues song for the breeding drought.."the breeding blues" (I'm sure someone could come up with a better name).  laugh.gif

well, I've been tryin' to breed my babies,

and I've been dyin' for eggs to come my way

so I ain't lyin' that I ain't laden

and I'm just sighin' at all this empty space

can't you, send me an egg, send me an egg, send me an egg through my draggies

send me an egg, send me an egg, send me an egg, end this stasis

I'm begging all the the dragon gods to break the curse and, oh, good lord -

Just send me a Black to take these blues away...

Edit: I'm not musical either, but I've been singing the blues over this for some time anyway... xd.png

Edited by Syphoneira

Metal, stripes and blacks do seem to be dead in the water so-to-speak but I've tried for other breedings and had no luck either. I wish I had an ounce of musical talent because I think, at this point, we need some sort of blues song for the breeding drought.."the breeding blues" (I'm sure someone could come up with a better name). laugh.gif

I tried to read that out loud and ended up with 'the bleeding blues'. >.<

I have totally given up trying to breed anything just now as all I get is no egg produced or they totally refuse sad.gif so I am really annoyed as I have one or two lineages going on and can't breed them.. Soooooooooooooooooo Fed Up huh.gif

The new eggs might balance some things out.... eventually.

I'm beginning to sound like an old cracked record here now. Stripes and rares still refusing as usual.

Well my 6 metallic pairs that could breed today gave me no eggs whatsoever, but I did manage to breed a nice even gen black. I did a double-take when I saw the egg, even though it wasn't from any of the pairs I need eggs from (why do they always prove to be the most stubborn ones?). But it sort of gave me hope as it's the first black I've had on my scroll since this breeding drought first started. ^^

I tried all breeds of Gold, Silver, Trios and color-stripes but no successful make new eggs sad.gif why no interest each other for egg and produces egg as well today and Hope for after 7 days see happen after. smile.gif

You know, I'm not really minding breeding being down. Bred eggs and hatchlings are trading better in the IRC, the AP isn't as clogged and I'm actually catching trios in-cave because they aren't being overbred at the moment.

Breeding is slow, but it isn't dead. I like things right now.

Also, been breeding pinks, reds and stripes fairly well lately. But that's probably just luck.

Edited by Amut un Rama

Looks like with every new dragon release the number of "old" dragons decreases.

Had my metallics and trios breeding today, nothing but maybe 3 common eggs.