GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The AP is wonderfully clear of the backlog it had before the maintenance, no more rows of Black eggs - and nice long Cave drops. I assume TJ cleared it somehow?

I don't breed much but am sure I'm not the only one that is now experiencing the low breeding success rates though. Have had 100% fails with no egg produced, Is this the trade-off to having a cleaned AP and how long will it last?

EDIT:

* I have added a Poll for breeding results and would appreciate if members could add a reply explaining their breeding results where unsuccessful e.g.

- any refusals from previously successful pairs? or simply

- No Egg produced

thank you! smile.gif

Edited by GForce

My breeding's been pretty regular. I just bred my Thunders; didn't get any Thunder eggs but I got some commons. I just bred a Bluna to give away, too.

/shrug

We already have this topic:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=114736

Tj has made these replies:

There are currently several hundred gold eggs and several thousand bred black and striped eggs.

Now, those include eggs bred before this topic was posted, but there hasn't been a sudden drop in those numbers, as would be expected if eggs were hatching but none/significantly fewer were being bred to replace them.

It means eggs are still being bred, even if they don't happen to be the ones owned by people posting here.

I mean, this sort of topic pops up periodically, which is why I may not come across as particularly concerned.

Edited by _Z_

I will allow this topic as it is/ can be a discussion. smile.gif

Well everyone was complaining about the blocked ap and the EQ kills, so what did you expect? Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it smile.gif

NOW it unblocks, when I gave up trying and decided to breed like crazy ? (and my breeding has been doing OK...)

Oh well. Adds to the rich tapestry of something biggrin.gif

Let me add to the stats:-

20 metals breeding yesterday : Consecutively NO Eggs

10 metals breeding today : Consecutively NO Eggs

I guess the others and I who are in the same boat are really just too UNLUCKY.

laugh.gif

I seem to be getting more 'No egg produced' too. But then my beasties haven't been very prolific for a very long time, too. They used to give me two, three and even four egg clutches.

I seem to be getting more 'No egg produced' too. But then my beasties haven't been very prolific for a very long time, too. They used to give me two, three and even four egg clutches.

That was disabled a long time ago except for holidays...

Well everyone was complaining about the blocked ap and the EQ kills, so what did you expect? Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it smile.gif

Hmm, the AP got seriously clogged right after the Black Stripe release so I deduce that most of the Black eggs abandoned there were failed Black stripe attempts, would you agree? So whilst I understand what you are saying about the changes to EQ and some complaints about that, I don't really connect the dots to the rest of your statement tongue.gif

Who wished for low breeding results across the board? Commons wont even produce at the moment...

Hmm, the AP got seriously clogged right after the Black Stripe release so I deduce that most of the Black eggs abandoned there were failed Black stripe attempts, would you agree? So whilst I understand what you are saying about the changes to EQ and some complaints about that, I don't really connect the dots to the rest of your statement tongue.gif

Who wished for low breeding results across the board? Commons wont even produce at the moment...

What they wished for was an unclogged AP and as they can no longer EQ the ap to death, low breeding is the next best option?

Personally I just think it was the prize dragons that threw the ratios off and now that more of those are being produced it is leveling out (as far as metals), the sudden low breeding results who really knows whats up with that.

Good. I don't breed much and I don't care much for horrid backlogs. Whatever's happened, I like it.

There were a lot of backlash about the constantly blocked AP and most of them come from cave hunters who wants an open cave so they could have their CBs.

The only way to have the cave constantly open is to have an unblocked AP. The way to unblock the AP is to have less abandoned eggs. To have less abandoned eggs means breeding success has to be lowered.

So right now, what is happening is exactly what the CB hunters are wishing for. Unfortunately, as a consequence of that, breeding success has come to a sudden halt. The other unfortunate thing is that the same three *lowly common* eggs are sitting there for minutes at a time and eggs just doesn't cycle as fast.

We can't have the best of both world sad to say. If only cave drops are not affected by the state of the AP, perhaps we could come to a compromise. Also, I don't really see a reason why cave drops have to be affected by the AP. We should be able to choose between picking up CBs or bred eggs from the AP.

Well everyone was complaining about the blocked ap and the EQ kills, so what did you expect?  Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it smile.gif

Yay for sweeping generalizations. Many were complaining about the backlog, not realizing it's a common result of new releases, and a vocal few were complaining about the EQ change. But at least as many, if not more, seemed to be ok with the EQ change (and even more likely don't even know there was a change), and stopped complaining about the backlog once it was explained that it was just a timing issue.

And while yes, lower breeding success will certainly reduce the eggs in the AP, breeding success was already consistently bad as it was. The AP backlog before this string of three releases also wasn't bad very often. People just need to stop expecting instant gratification and be willing to wait a bit, and things will go back to what they want just fine on their own, without completely nerfing entire sections of the game to accomplish it *right then*.

why couldn't it happen tomorrow? I gaot unlocked today and was planning to hunt for ugly-lineaged inbred Blacks for biting and freezing. and now there are none of them in the AP biggrin.gif well, ok, I'll enjoy the cave drop then...

Yay for sweeping generalizations. Many were complaining about the backlog, not realizing it's a common result of new releases, and a vocal few were complaining about the EQ change. But at least as many, if not more, seemed to be ok with the EQ change (and even more likely don't even know there was a change), and stopped complaining about the backlog once it was explained that it was just a timing issue.

And while yes, lower breeding success will certainly reduce the eggs in the AP, breeding success was already consistently bad as it was. The AP backlog before this string of three releases also wasn't bad very often. People just need to stop expecting instant gratification and be willing to wait a bit, and things will go back to what they want just fine on their own, without completely nerfing entire sections of the game to accomplish it *right then*.

Agreed! Well said.

Agreed! Well said.

Seconded, big time. Why is everyone getting so impatient ?

reading the topic in the help section and this one here I suddenly feel really uneasy to breed my tinsel with a stripe :/

I've been breeding my dragons with fairly good results actually .... the only thing I don't have are most of the rare ones sad.gif

Lately breeding has been great until I tried for some eggs today. It's a big change with yesterday sad.gif I fear for my projects... it's gonna be even harder getting the eggs I need now.

I haven't bred in ages so when I finally did (with the puny AP in the background) I was surprised over the lack of eggs I got. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

(Though, biting has been good so to me it evens out wacko.gif )

Well, I just successfully produced a red egg which got sent off to the AP. The little thing got snatched up immediately. xd.png I tried breeding my Flamingo and BBW together but no egg was produced. I'm sure it'll all even out in a little while.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I haven't had any significant issues with breeding lately. Granted, I haven't tried to breed my metallics in a while, but I'm focusing on other things at the moment.