GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have had terrible luck recently. Only one rare in about 5 weeks, 5 failures in a row with a pair of magi, and 3 tries to get a pink.

Yesterday I bred 42 metallics - including my inbred silver and gold which I never breed and 3 stripes.

Metallics were bred to mixture of common dragons - blacks, vines, white , reds, pebble, seasonal, sunrise dragons and for all 42 dragon couples it was No interest or No egg.

The Stripes- One refusal, two no interest. One Stripe was bred to a Silver the other two were bred to my Bone Marrow Dragons.

45 dragons and not a single egg? Crazy! Used to be able to breed ten dragons and get at least five common eggs, 4 no interest and maybe a gold/silver out of it. Not now!

I certainly believe TJ about not tweaking the success rate but then what is up with the large amount of failures that, by and large, we seem to be experiencing? Even pairs that have worked on a semi-regular basis for me before are returning with "no interest" or "no egg produced". Something has tipped the Cave into dropping large amounts of CB's which is nice certainly but not to the exclusion of being able to breed for projects and/or need. I think if we understood the mechanics of why the Cave does the sometimes whackadoodle things it does might mitigate some of the frustration. blink.gif

I just bred some of my Dragons, ten golds, ten silvers and got nothing. Of my sixteen Thunder I got one thunder and one Bluna...

aarrrggghhh.... How difficult can it be? You guys are not metals or stripes or trios and you've PRODUCED EGGS BEFORE, but noooo ... Three weeks of 'no interest' from Purple x Vine, Magi x Nebula & Purple x Sunrise, Shallow Water x Shallow Water - COMMONS! I'm not even trying the metals anymore.

I guess I'm lucky, then. Tried to breed a red and a gold yesterday, and they at least gave me a red egg. (IIRC I tried them two weeks ago and either didn't show much interest, or no egg ewas produced, but I didn't keep notes.)

I've tried breeding all of my trios, metals, stripes, and blacks. Out of all of them (not sure how many but definitely over 20), I have gotten about 3 or 4 eggs. I managed to breed one black but that's it.

I wouldn't mind the breeding rates being so bad if it meant that more CB metals, blacks, and stripes were dropped. As it is, I NEVER see the metals or blacks in the cave. I've managed to catch one CB Stripe but even then I only saw about 3 of them after surfing the cave for 4 hours (I was bored that day). Personally, I would like to at least be able to see a CB Silver, Gold, or Black so that I know my non-existent breeding isn't in vain.

I wouldn't mind the breeding rates being so bad if it meant that more CB metals, blacks, and stripes were dropped.  As it is, I NEVER see the metals or blacks in the cave.  I've managed to catch one CB Stripe but even then I only saw about 3 of them after surfing the cave for 4 hours (I was bored that day).  Personally, I would like to at least be able to see a CB Silver, Gold, or Black so that I know my non-existent breeding isn't in vain.

This.

x1,000

Bred a horse for my lineage proyect. Got no egg.

Fortunately, after two weeks (or was it three?), managed to breed a BBW I needed.

For those looking for CB Metals or CB Blacks they have been there in the wholesale dropping of eggs the Cave seems to be doing over the last month or so. I myself picked up a CB Black as a gift and I caught a CB Stripe (now a hatchie on my scroll almost ready to grow up) but I whiffed totally on both a CB Silver and CB Black. They are out there but they'll never be dropping in the large amounts most commons do. That's one small consolation for those unable to get any of their scroll going into some kind of stabilized breeding pattern.

Edited by Misha

For those looking for CB Metals or CB Blacks they have been there in the wholesale dropping of eggs the Cave seems to be doing over the last month or so. I myself picked up a CB Black as a gift and I caught a CB Stripe (now a hatchie on my scroll almost ready to grow up) but I whiffed totally on both a CB Silver and CB Black. They are out there but they'll never be dropping in the large amounts most commons do. That's one small consolation for those unable to get any of their scroll going into some kind of stabilized breeding pattern.

I would love to get a CB black because I have no CB black male. Years ago when CB blacks were quite common and easy to grab and there was no influence all I got from CB black eggs were females.

Now that influence is possible I rarely see them.

The last few weeks I have been hunting spending an hour or more on at a time, and I never see a CB black in a drop - course if I did the odds of me catching it wouldn't be high but at least I'd know they exist and are out there.

I have not seen CB blacks or metals, or other CB I would like to get I have seen CB papers, dinos, chickens, numerous balloons, water walker and various other puddle dragons, and or common dragons that I don't want.

In fact the only CB egg I picked up that I wanted recently was a red/fire dragon egg to get a CB Male which I needed for my scroll.

I am growing tired of not even being able to breed something useful. I bred 45 dragon pairs this week and got nothing to show for it!

So these CB blacks and things must be rarer then rare and drop during times when I can't be on. Ah, well such is life I suppose. It is just irritating.

I just bred a bluna.

I was surprised so thought I should mention it ! biggrin.gif

Just tried six separate breedings yesterday and got nothing. I have two types who consistently breed successfully, but other than that...

Yesterday I did a little breeding. Lots of Springs (about 12) and an Ice came out of it.

From what I see at trades and such, the breeding ratio of Trios isn't that bad. ^^"

Edited by Belisar

For me at least breeding seems to be getting worse rather than better...i was trying commons and i actually got two or three refusals from commons...yes i did do some metal pairs with no expectations but commons.....come on RAWR

Trios on the other hand out of all my dragons have been treating me well and given me a Gen2 Thunder egg last night

Apparently, stripes, metallics and blacks which I'd theorized earlier isn't really correct as the only ones suffering from this strange form of Cave dragon birth control. I've tried commons as well with the same result. As long as the dragon is even moderately popular on the players scrolls mine seem to fail. I only seem to be able to produce commons that we see as a higher drop number in the Cave itself meaning, of course, they're a much smaller representative group of most player's scrolls.

More no interests and no eggs from my stripes, blacks, and metals this week, and one or two commons from my trios...I'm finding hat it's harder to breed other commons, as well! I haven't been able to breed any whites in a month or so, and my hellfires were being incredibly uncooperative until today.

Anyone having trouble with Nebulae? Two of my pairs haven't given me a single egg yet. I've been trying one for 5 weeks, the other for 6 sad.gif

I've had pretty bad luck with breeding lately. :-\ Almost all the time, it's an attempt but no egg, or they are not very interested in each other.

My trios continue to breed pretty well. The other day, my ice dragons gave me two ices and today the first thunder I bred, gave me a thunder.

I also got a geode with the first geode pair I tried.

My golds and silvers are still on cool down but the last time I bred them, the golds gave nothing and the silvers gave me two silvers (a few commons from the golds and silvers as well). But that was after weeks of no silvers or golds and very few common eggs from my metallics.

My stripes continue to be on egg strike. I haven't tried my nebulas much lately since I've gotten quite a few alts (and regulars) all ready.

Wow the number of gold and silvers is still so dismal . . . and naturally still not a single alt black to be had tongue.gif Well at the very least trios are breeding. I have had absolutley no success with metals, stripes, blacks, or nebulas for the past month