Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Here is the thing about trades, if the person with the cb silver really wanted the cb aeon, then for them it was a good deal, you never know they could have had a dozen cb silvers and no Aeon

Having said that trade value is relative to what people are seeking at the time, although cb trios for example come under rare trades, most players already have theirs, they are really only rare in the fact that they are seldom seen in the cave

It really all has to do with how prevalent, easy to catch things are in the cave as of course that is where all cbs come from!   Tons of people seem to cave hunt in the alpine, making cb almadines appear more often then say the sapperstine in the coast, where the eggs move really slowly.

I also have to disagree with a prizekin being worth a cb silver, I mean its a breeding fail after all, whereas a cb silver is fairly hard to catch, again people may really want that prize kin enough, what do I know

I am going to put blusangs in the same place as trios, sure they are hard to find, but who is really still collecting them but perhaps new players?

I really do not think there is a guide, or if there could actually be one as things fluctuate, what is valuable to one person may not be to another, having said that here is how I see things currently

Neglected

cb gold

cb silver

coppers

dinos, (I actually see a ton of these in the jungle tbh and who really needs more than 1 of each color, yet people seem to collect them, meh)  Same with cheese and paper, unless you are a collector, a couple is fine

xenos, depending on biome, astrapi seem more common than say chrono or gaia

aeons, these are actually easier to get in the forest than the alpine, yet you may stare at the cave for hours before seeing one

zyus, depending on color again some biomes move more than others

gemshards (hatchlings are worth more because you know the color at that point)

fire gems

pyrsalite (no clue how to spell that, but I have found these actually pretty easy to get both in the cave and from trades, I do not see them as rare at all and they often sit in the cave for some time before being taken)

One should never feel they are making a lopsided trade, I mean why would you offer more than you think something is worth?  If they offer it, I figure they want what I have more than they wanted what they are offering and vice versa

My 2 cents for what its worth, ones man's treasure is another man's junk and all that!

If you follow the trade threads and see what people are after for a time, you can judge for yourself

Edited by Karobb

@Karobb

Thanks, that's helpful!

To me, I saw that as taking advantage of the CB Silver's inexperience, and it just seems rather greedy. I don't know exactly what happened, but I do know the Aeon offer was made to her and she was led to believe that that was the Aeon's worth. I see her as getting the short end of the stick because she really wanted Aeons, and she could have gotten at least 2 to 3 of them with that same egg. But then again, that's just my way of thinking! 

I appreciate having a more updated view of the value of things. I don't want to end up in a situation where I waste my time by trying to trade a CB Almandine for a CB Gaia because my outdated knowledge placed Almandines as being as valuable and sought after as at least Coppers. I took a 2 years hiatus and only returned during Halloween 2017. Before I left, CB Almandines traded like CB Golds (they were a lot rarer than the other two colors back then). Pyropes (the one from the volcano) have always been common, even from 2015.   

By the by, I agree with you that to me, Blusangs aren't that rare or popular. But based on what I've seen from some trades, I've seen people offer Coppers for them, and vice versa. Could be just personal trade and demand, I guess, like you said. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Eh, its all fluctuates as you know, its a function on how hard something is to catch mixed with how much people want a certain thing, the only things that have truly held their value over time are neglected (only because its work to make them) cb metals and surprisingly coppers

Really I just keep an eye on all the trades going on and take it from there and I seem to do okay!  I also cave hunt so see whats going on there for the most part.

At the end of the day if your trades are not getting responses that is probably a clue as to something having changed value in "today's" market

And I just have to get this out, how the heck is a golden wyvern a cb metal lol!

6 hours ago, Mochi said:

Hello, I was wondering what a CB green copper is currently worth?

It's typically valued more than the rainbow/red or brown coppers. So maybe worth a CB Gaia or a different CB xeno. You probably could trade it for 2 CB uncommons, also (maybe aeon + gemshard). Not sure if someone would go for trading it for a 3G prize, but I personally would value it at that.

Edited by coo_

1 minute ago, coo_ said:

It's typically valued more than the rainbow/red or brown coppers. So maybe worth a CB Gaia or a different CB xeno. You probably could trade it for 2 CB uncommons, also (maybe aeon + gemshard). Not sure if someone would go for trading it for a 3G prize, but I personally would value it at that.

a 3rd gen prize is barely worth a cb uncommon hatchling these days

Just now, Karobb said:

Depends on who is looking. Some people (especially collectors of various lines) will still offer Gaias, coppers, etc.

5 minutes ago, Karobb said:

True, but I think those trading them still value them more based on the difficulty in obtaining a 2G prize. I often see people clinging to their original worth in their initial trade postings (regardless of what offers they may actually receive). 

What's a 2G Metal (from non-Holiday mate, if that matters) worth these days? I used to easily trade them for other 2G Metals, but now I seem to have no such luck; perhaps the pairing's just not popular. So if I'm not asking for another 2G Metal, what should I try to get?

And what about CB Silvers? What should I breed or catch in order to be able to trade for one?

Edited by Aie

3 hours ago, Aie said:

What's a 2G Metal (from non-Holiday mate, if that matters) worth these days? I used to easily trade them for other 2G Metals, but now I seem to have no such luck; perhaps the pairing's just not popular. So if I'm not asking for another 2G Metal, what should I try to get?

And what about CB Silvers? What should I breed or catch in order to be able to trade for one?

2G metals aren't worth much. A lot of people will breed them for free (send me a PM if you need something). It's likely you're either not offering something anyone is interested in, or you're asking for a pairing nobody is able to breed (2G metals from commons and new releases are hard to get).

As for CB silvers... do you have valuable 2G prizes to breed? If so, some collectors will trade CB silvers for 3G prize lines they don't have. Otherwise, unless you have a CB prize/Spriter's Alt, there's probably nothing you can breed for them. Look for people offering them for mass CB hatchlings, learn to make NDs, or get lucky in a giveaway.

What would a CB Vampire bitten by an original 08 Vampire be worth? And one bitten by a CB 09 Vampire?

Edited by innate

What's a Paper egg worth nowadays? Could I get a CB Silver, or is that too much? Is a CB Zyu or Xeno more realistic for the Paper?

26 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

What's a Paper egg worth nowadays? Could I get a CB Silver, or is that too much? Is a CB Zyu or Xeno more realistic for the Paper?

I can usually get a Zyu or a Xeno for Papers and Cheeses. Every so often, though, absolutely no one will bite.

How do the different xenowyyrms compare to each other at the moment? Much of a muchness? Or are there some that are considered more valuable? If so, how much more valuable? Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

How do the different xenowyyrms compare to each other at the moment? Much of a muchness? Or are there some that are considered more valuable? If so, how much more valuable? Thanks! :)

I think it's usually like Pyro < Astrapi < Thalassa < Mageia < Gaia < Chrono. They're definitely not all worth the same, but it's a player driven value.

How much is a CB Silver worth? I don't really want to keep it, so I'm hoping to get something nice.

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I think it's usually like Pyro < Astrapi < Thalassa < Mageia < Gaia < Chrono. They're definitely not all worth the same, but it's a player driven value.

How much is a CB Silver worth? I don't really want to keep it, so I'm hoping to get something nice.

I don't know about others but I have traded a 2nd Gen Prize for a CB Silver. So I would say that value but I may be wrong.

5 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I would argue that Gaias have been more pricey than Chronos, but otherwise this lines up with my experience.

Also, fwiw, Gaias have been the same worth as green Coppers lately. So I would think you could get something worth a bit more (2 Coppers? A few various Xenos? A specific Gold x ? Pairing?) for the Silver.

What should I try and get to trade for gemshards? I want to start hoarding them for a lineage project I'm in. 

Zyumorphs are a pretty good bet for Gemshards - Zyus are worth a little more, so people will want to trade (probably). BSA hatchlings will buy a lot of uncommon things.

I'm looking to trade for a chono xeno or two (which is literally the only one I don't have a cb of). Would a handful of BSA hatchlings work?

17 hours ago, Saami said:

I'm looking to trade for a chono xeno or two (which is literally the only one I don't have a cb of). Would a handful of BSA hatchlings work?

I think that'd be fair. If they're CB, I'd say maybe 3 CB BSAs  = 1 chrono. Different people may ask for more or less, though.