Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What are CB Green Fire Gems worth?

Other uncommon-ish dragons, maybe? Aeons, golden wyverns, nexus? Fire gem swap? You might be able to get a common hatchie, maybe even two for the right buyer.

What are cheese eggs worth? I'm planning to trade one and I want to know what I should expect and what would be fair. Thank you!

Unbreedables tend to not be worth super much. Swaps for other unbreedables. Maybe a BSA egg or a common hatchie? People looking to trade for unbreedables is a smaller market, so you might also have to wait a bit for the right person to see your trade. You could try for bites for specific lineages you're looking for.

(Honestly, I pretty much gave up trading unbreedables for olive hatchies because I didn't find the amount of hatchies I was offered worth it for the amount of time I tended to have to hold the egg.)

Okay, so what is a CB Silver actually worth right now?

I've been trying to trade one but haven't gotten a single reasonable offer.

What I actually need is a ND or 2nd gen Prizes which I suppose are worth way more than one single CB Silver?

But I haven't even gotten offers like CB Coppers which I might accept as well ...

6 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Okay, so what is a CB Silver actually worth right now?

I've been trying to trade one but haven't gotten a single reasonable offer.

What I actually need is a ND or 2nd gen Prizes which I suppose are worth way more than one single CB Silver?

But I haven't even gotten offers like CB Coppers which I might accept as well ...

I'd say a CB Silver is worth a few Xenowyrms (maybe 2-3?) and around 2, maybe 3 CB Coppers if you get lucky with nice offers. Other lower tier CB rares in numbers greater than 2 like Almandines, Spessartines and Blusangs too. Definitely not worth an ND or 2G Prizes for just 1 CB Silver, like you mentioned. For those I'd go for about 3-4 CB Silvers for 1 ND or 2G Prize, but this can vary quite a bit depending on the person you're trading with of course. Last week I traded a CB Silver for a CB Gaia Xeno and a CB Brown Copper, but then again, I was being pretty lenient, not looking for "amazing" offers per se. CB Silvers are still slightly more valuable than the average "rare" dragon, but I have noticed them becoming slightly more common recently, which is what might decrease their demand at this time.

Would I be able to get a Thalassa Xenowyrm in exchange for an Astrapi, or are they not of equal value/hard to swap?

On 7/9/2017 at 3:07 AM, Dew said:

Would I be able to get a Thalassa Xenowyrm in exchange for an Astrapi, or are they not of equal value/hard to swap?

I certainly think it's possible, albeit a little difficult. Technically, they are equal in value, but the Thalassa has a higher demand. If you're patient, you might get what you're looking for. A tip for getting a quicker trade could be hatching your Astrapi into a hatchling and then seeking out the Thalassa.

i'm sorry if this offends anyone, that isn't my intention at all, but this is really bothering me... :angry:

do caveborn dragons have anything different from bred eggs or is it just some sort of preference?

rare caveborn dragons are really hard to get and from what i've seen there's no difference between a caveborn dragon and a bred one, unless it has amazing breeding percentages or something else i don't know about. :huh:

in the end, it's the same dragon species, right? 

is it aesthetic???

??? it's making trades really hard for me that's why :wacko:

12 minutes ago, redwolftrash said:

i'm sorry if this offends anyone, that isn't my intention at all, but this is really bothering me... :angry:

do caveborn dragons have anything different from bred eggs or is it just some sort of preference?

rare caveborn dragons are really hard to get and from what i've seen there's no difference between a caveborn dragon and a bred one, unless it has amazing breeding percentages or something else i don't know about. :huh:

in the end, it's the same dragon species, right? 

is it aesthetic???

??? it's making trades really hard for me that's why :wacko:

Mostly it's just preference, although I do think it arose from gaining a visible lineage view. Before lineage view was visible, we could click through dragon's ancestors but didn't get the visible pretty lineage view we have now, where we can specifically create purposeful patterns by breeding our dragons in certain way. But once lineage view came out, people became a lot more focused on the dragon aesthetics. So, a lot of traders are looking for CBs because it has no lineage. With no lineage, they can use the CB to breed their own lineages or just admire the dragon for itself and the freedom to breed with it. Unless you don't care about lineage, trading for a lineage can be a pain because: if it's a neat lineage, then you either have to have a mate that will continue the pattern/look nice or breed one (some people feel guilty about picking up nice lines if they can't or don't plan on continuing them); if it's a messy lineage - well, lots of people plain don't like the way unplanned lineages look. So usually people trading for lineages already have that lineage and are looking to find a mate. Also, even within this, people can have a lot of other aesthetic preferences, such has having named parents or having parents named a specific way (such as not having cb/a number/roman numeral in a name or even not liking serious names). So even if you trade for lineages, it can take the right person with the same name aesthetics as you to come along before you find a trade. Plus, some people may have their own scroll prefix/suffix but think it ruins the look of a specifically named lineage to name it according to their own preferences.

So, basically, anybody who cares about lineages has a lot more freedom when they trade for CBs.

As well, scroll goals can come into it. A lot of people may have a goal of collect x CB amount of dragons basically because it leaves the scroll feeling clean and complete in some manner.

Just my take.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:36 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Mostly it's just preference, although I do think it arose from gaining a visible lineage view. Before lineage view was visible, we could click through dragon's ancestors but didn't get the visible pretty lineage view we have now, where we can specifically create purposeful patterns by breeding our dragons in certain way. But once lineage view came out, people became a lot more focused on the dragon aesthetics. So, a lot of traders are looking for CBs because it has no lineage. With no lineage, they can use the CB to breed their own lineages or just admire the dragon for itself and the freedom to breed with it. Unless you don't care about lineage, trading for a lineage can be a pain because: if it's a neat lineage, then you either have to have a mate that will continue the pattern/look nice or breed one (some people feel guilty about picking up nice lines if they can't or don't plan on continuing them); if it's a messy lineage - well, lots of people plain don't like the way unplanned lineages look. So usually people trading for lineages already have that lineage and are looking to find a mate. Also, even within this, people can have a lot of other aesthetic preferences, such has having named parents or having parents named a specific way (such as not having cb/a number/roman numeral in a name or even not liking serious names). So even if you trade for lineages, it can take the right person with the same name aesthetics as you to come along before you find a trade. Plus, some people may have their own scroll prefix/suffix but think it ruins the look of a specifically named lineage to name it according to their own preferences.

So, basically, anybody who cares about lineages has a lot more freedom when they trade for CBs.

As well, scroll goals can come into it. A lot of people may have a goal of collect x CB amount of dragons basically because it leaves the scroll feeling clean and complete in some manner.

Just my take.

thanks for explaining! i totally get why people want to do what they want for lineages; i have messed up many a lineage because i was a newbie... ^^''

it confused me bc i thought they were being picky, but yeah, it's understandable.

edit: is an ultraviolet dragon equal to an aeon wyvern?

someone is trading an aeon and they said offers were open, so i bred an ultraviolet and a shallow water for them and threw in a soulpeace hatchling and a black zyumorph i got from breeding a traded egg.

in general, is this trade fair? 

Edited by redwolftrash
i have another question and i found it to be less unnecessary to edit my first new post instead of making 2 new posts.

48 minutes ago, redwolftrash said:

edit: is an ultraviolet dragon equal to an aeon wyvern?

someone is trading an aeon and they said offers were open, so i bred an ultraviolet and a shallow water for them and threw in a soulpeace hatchling and a black zyumorph i got from breeding a traded egg.

in general, is this trade fair? 

I think it depends what kind of aeon, and what kind of ultraviolet. Like SockPuppet Strangler said, CBs are worth more than messily lineaged aeons, and 2g hybrids are worth more than messy hybrids.

Mostly, I would think that scroll space would be the #1 thing preventing a trade of that size. The person might not have enough scroll space to accept all those eggs.

How much is a 4G Prize x non-Holiday hatchling worth right now? I have a huge group of pretty 3Gs that I would love to breed, but I don't know if it's worth it if I'm only going to get a messy common egg in return. Is a CB common hatchling or two a fair price?

6 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

How much is a 4G Prize x non-Holiday hatchling worth right now? I have a huge group of pretty 3Gs that I would love to breed, but I don't know if it's worth it if I'm only going to get a messy common egg in return. Is a CB common hatchling or two a fair price?

I never trade offspring from my 3G prizes for a reason. My 4G lines hardly ever get any bites, much less offers that include nice things like CB hatchlings </3 I've even had trouble getting CB hatchling offers consisting of CB hatchies for CB Chrono Xenowyrms, which are supposed to be considerably "valuable". It comes down to luck, so who knows, people might indeed offer if the line you're trading is not as common or someone really wants it. Though honestly, I think it's unlikely, but it never hurts to try.

How many CB gemshard eggs/hatchlings would be reasonable to ask when offering a Pyralspite (red)? I was thinking one or two, but I have no idea what the trade value of either of those are right now.

Question: are Pink and Yellow Zyumorphs still desired more than the other Zyu colors, or has the perceived value evened out more by now?

On 7/14/2017 at 10:24 PM, andromedae said:

I never trade offspring from my 3G prizes for a reason. My 4G lines hardly ever get any bites, much less offers that include nice things like CB hatchlings </3 I've even had trouble getting CB hatchling offers consisting of CB hatchies for CB Chrono Xenowyrms, which are supposed to be considerably "valuable". It comes down to luck, so who knows, people might indeed offer if the line you're trading is not as common or someone really wants it. Though honestly, I think it's unlikely, but it never hurts to try.

Yeah, I stopped trying to trade my third gens because I tried once and only finally got a bite from a prize owner, and I was just asking for one olive hatchie of any line/gender.

I did have someone PM me asking for third gen offspring and offering like six olive hatchies (which I honestly think is really overpaying) - I said two hatchies each seemed reasonable to me. xP

So if the right person comes along, you might get a bite, but you might have to be really patient.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:32 AM, polaristar said:

How many CB gemshard eggs/hatchlings would be reasonable to ask when offering a Pyralspite (red)? I was thinking one or two, but I have no idea what the trade value of either of those are right now.

1:1 is probably fine, although you might have a hard time getting bites, as neither gemshards or pyropes are particularly rare right now. I see both sitting in biomes for a while when they pop up. You might end up having to hatch your pyrope or offer two in exchange for one gemshard.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:31 PM, lolahighwind said:

Question: are Pink and Yellow Zyumorphs still desired more than the other Zyu colors, or has the perceived value evened out more by now?

No one answered you, so I'll hazard a guess. I do think pink and yellow zyus are still a bit more desireable than the others, just due to the way those biomes are moving, but you might find some people who are having luck with those and be willing to do 1:1 swaps with you or whatnot.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

How much would a 2G Shimmerkin-fail be worth?
I'm trying to work out what I would need to offer for a 2G Deep sea from a Shimmer to complete a checker. (If I ever find one)
Would a 2G silver be enough?

24 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

How much would a 2G Shimmerkin-fail be worth?
I'm trying to work out what I would need to offer for a 2G Deep sea from a Shimmer to complete a checker. (If I ever find one)
Would a 2G silver be enough?

It may be enough if the person is already wanting to try that pair, and if they want that particular 2g silver; otherwise, it might not seem worth it to use up a week's breeding. I would recommend instead looking at wishlists (etc) instead and offer something from that, because you'd at least know they want those things!

Is a CB trio for a 2g Silver fair? What about a 2g Copper, or a CB Xeno, for a CB Trio? Looking for CB Magmas and Thunders and not sure what to offer.

Edited by Dew

On 7/23/2017 at 3:26 AM, deja said:

How many Cheeses is a CB Silver and Gold worth?

Depending on the person, you can get like 40 - 100 common hatchies for a gold (maybe 3/4 or 1/2 that for a silver?), so I'd say like 3/4 cheeses as common hatchies or maybe equal if you're accepting eggs? Personally, I'd just ask for PM offers, wait for a couple, and pick the one that seems most fair to you.

39 minutes ago, Dew said:

Is a CB trio for a 2g Silver fair? What about a 2g Copper, or a CB Xeno, for a CB Trio? Looking for CB Magmas and Thunders and not sure what to offer.

I'd say you could offer a 2g silver and might get a bite. Probably won't get a bite for a 2g copper. CB xeno might be overpaying a bit, but you should definitely get an offer, I would think. You could maybe try offering 2 - 3 cb red/pink hatchies for a cb trio egg as well.

Hey guys! I have a CB Green Copper. Would it be realistic to ask for four 2g Ultraviolet or Geode hatchlings for it? Coppers, especially green ones, seem about the rarest thing aside from real metals, so it seems fair to me--but I've also noticed people tend to be stingy with trading hatchlings, so I'm not sure if I should lower my expectations. ;~;

53 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Hey guys! I have a CB Green Copper. Would it be realistic to ask for four 2g Ultraviolet or Geode hatchlings for it? Coppers, especially green ones, seem about the rarest thing aside from real metals, so it seems fair to me--but I've also noticed people tend to be stingy with trading hatchlings, so I'm not sure if I should lower my expectations. ;~;

I would say 2-3 hybrid hatchlings are really fair, if you would consider an IOU and if you wouldn't mind geting hatchlings from the same pair or if you would accept a mix of Ultraviolets/Geodes. Realistically looking, no regular person would have 4 2nd gen Ultraviolets on hand :) but if you give people time to gather them, then your 'demand' seems fair to me. 

3 hours ago, ewi said:

I would say 2-3 hybrid hatchlings are really fair, if you would consider an IOU and if you wouldn't mind geting hatchlings from the same pair or if you would accept a mix of Ultraviolets/Geodes. Realistically looking, no regular person would have 4 2nd gen Ultraviolets on hand :) but if you give people time to gather them, then your 'demand' seems fair to me. 

Thanks for the input! I'll push for 4 a bit longer but drop to 3 and then 2 if I have no luck :3 (also yes, I am ALL ABOUT DEM IOUS... only wait to trade in my opinion :D <3)

Now that we have a monthly Raffle, what are 2ndGen Prizes worth these days approximately? I've tried browsing the Trade thread but most posts I saw were asking for swaps and that's not too helpful XD

How many dinos/chickens do you think a second gen prize egg would be worth?