Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

On 3/13/2018 at 10:38 AM, jocosa said:

What are 1-2 CB Golds worth now a days. I've never been fortunate to have enough I'd ever consider trading one until recently. So I'm not really sure what value they carry anymore. Thanks!

Bumping. 

I'm still not sure what would be ok to ask for in exchange for 1 or 2 CB Gold's.  I know it varies, based on how others value them but a ballpark value would be helpful to me. A 2g Spriters alt? 2g Prize?  X amount of Silvers?   Thanks!

@HeatherMarie and @ArielGrint, Thanks, that helps! :)

Edited by jocosa

1 hour ago, jocosa said:

Bumping. 

I'm still not sure what would be ok to ask for in exchange for 1 or 2 CB Gold's.  I know it varies, based on how others value them but a ballpark value would be helpful to me. A 2g Spriters alt? 2g Prize?  X amount of Silvers?   Thanks!

From what I've seen CB Golds are still pretty highly valued in trade, I've seen a lot of CB Gold trades asking for 2nd-gen Prizes, Neglecteds, etc. Of course what is asked for and what is actually gotten may be different, but they do still seem to be one of the most valuable things in trades. (This is just based on what I've seen in trade threads lately, though.)

1 hour ago, jocosa said:

Bumping. 

CB Golds are one of the top tier items, so technically you can ask for all of those, yes :) I'd say 1 CB Gold would go for at least 2 CB Silvers, possibly more(I have seen 4 CB Silvers being requested for a CB Gold, but I do not know if that deal actually went through).  I think most CB Prize owners would agree to a 1:1 deal for 2gs, I cannot speak about SA because I don't trade for those and don't pay much attention to that side of the market... And of course you can ask for hoards of hatchies or something like that, depending on what you need of course

I have a CB Kyanite with the code 'girls' (caps messed).  I don't know what to ask for it, though; I'm not much of a code trader.   Is it worth something shiny, or should I try to find a bred mate for something?

4 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

I have a CB Kyanite with the code 'girls' (caps messed).  I don't know what to ask for it, though; I'm not much of a code trader.   Is it worth something shiny, or should I try to find a bred mate for something?

I think you could get a few CB Xenowyrms or a CB Copper if you find the right person. Maybe more if they don't care about capitalization.

3 hours ago, Dragongirl00100 said:

I just found this and this in the AP. I know 2G prize fails can be pretty valuable, so I was wondering what these guys are worth. 

This is a tricky one. I think you'd have to find someone who specifically wants a different/unique lineage like that. I've traded 3rd gen tinsel fails that are checkers and I've received a couple of CB common hatchies in return. They tend to be in higher demand, though, since the lineage is 'neater' and sometimes can be required for a mate. You might be able to find someone who specifically collects lineages like yours, but I think you'll have more luck if you hatch it first and trade it as a hatchling. :)

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

This is a tricky one. I think you'd have to find someone who specifically wants a different/unique lineage like that. I've traded 3rd gen tinsel fails that are checkers and I've received a couple of CB common hatchies in return. They tend to be in higher demand, though, since the lineage is 'neater' and sometimes can be required for a mate. You might be able to find someone who specifically collects lineages like yours, but I think you'll have more luck if you hatch it first and trade it as a hatchling. :)

Yeah, I thought something along those lines  since these two aren’t checkers. I do think they’re cool though so I might just keep them. 

5 hours ago, Alisyn said:

Hi, I was wondering about how many hatchies a 3G prize would be worth? 

Thanks in advance! 

It varies. I've sometimes struggled to get offers, but other times I've received 4 CB common/uncommon hatchies. It usually depends what people are looking for, too. If you're trading a checker, people might be after it as a mate for an existing dragon. :)

What are Dinos and chickens worth? Also would a certain letter arrangement in the code make something worth more? Dino’s code looks like EEL lol. 

7 hours ago, Dragongirl00100 said:

What are Dinos and chickens worth? Also would a certain letter arrangement in the code make something worth more? Dino’s code looks like EEL lol. 

I've been able to get 4 CB commons for dinos or chickens. If you were after a 1:1 swap, then you'd probably get another uncommon (unbreedable, maybe a zyu or something like that). It's often just a matter of timing, really. I've struggled to get trades for chickens sometimes and have had to hatch them, other times I've had multiple offers immediately. 

Dragon codes is a much more specific thing and requires someone who's actively seeking interesting codes. I think generally people favour interesting codes for CB breedable dragons, so they can breed and get interesting children, but you might still find someone interested in an unbreedable with an interesting code. In your example of the dino, though, I'm not sure how popular the code would be since there's a letter in the way. I think a lot of people are looking for full, uninterrupted words, unfortunately. 

I hope this helps! ^_^

Adding on to the discussion of the value of dinos, how many BSA hatchlings is one worth? I'm mainly interested in reds, pinks, and purples, and I don't care about lineage for these hatchlings.

In addition, is asking for 1 red/pink/purple BSA hatchling of any lineage in exchange for a CB gemshard, Xeno, or a Zyu aiming a little too low? I've always gotten fast replies when doing these trades and I've been wondering if I've been undervaluing these eggs.

Edited by Lucere

With Xenos and Zyus, probably. Especially Zyus, they seem to still be fairly wanted, they are still fairly new and they can summon Sinos so they are worth a bit more then 'normal' dragons. I'd think you could probably fairly easily get 2-3 BSA hatchies for Zyus, possibly 2 for Xenos, of course hatchies are a bit harder to get in trades then eggs so maybe that makes it harder. I've gotten 4th-5th gen Prize offers for my CB Zyu trades, if that gives you an idea.

I have generally offered 3 BSA hatchlings for 1 Dino, that's my personal experience but it's always been enough.

And yeah I'd say you're aiming a bit low on the Gemmies, Xenos, and Zyus. Although with Xenos and Zyus, it depends a bit on the Biome. Alpine and Volcano Zyus I have found to be worth noticeably less than the others, but Forest and Jungle Zyus you could easily get 2-3 hatchies if you don't care about lineage.

I have a Dino for trade and got 3 BSA Hatchis as an offer. I also have a 5th gen gold tinsel being offered for that one. Also have a chicken for trade with 3 BSA Hatchis offered for it. Are these fair? I’m not really sure. 

Edited by Dragongirl00100

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

With Xenos and Zyus, probably. Especially Zyus, they seem to still be fairly wanted, they are still fairly new and they can summon Sinos so they are worth a bit more then 'normal' dragons. I'd think you could probably fairly easily get 2-3 BSA hatchies for Zyus, possibly 2 for Xenos, of course hatchies are a bit harder to get in trades then eggs so maybe that makes it harder. I've gotten 4th-5th gen Prize offers for my CB Zyu trades, if that gives you an idea.

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

I have generally offered 3 BSA hatchlings for 1 Dino, that's my personal experience but it's always been enough.

And yeah I'd say you're aiming a bit low on the Gemmies, Xenos, and Zyus. Although with Xenos and Zyus, it depends a bit on the Biome. Alpine and Volcano Zyus I have found to be worth noticeably less than the others, but Forest and Jungle Zyus you could easily get 2-3 hatchies if you don't care about lineage.

Thank you both so much! 

3 hours ago, Dragongirl00100 said:

I have a Dino for trade and got 3 BSA Hatchis as an offer. I also have a 5th gen gold tinsel being offered for that one. Also have a chicken for trade with 3 BSA Hatchis offered for it. Are these fair? I’m not really sure. 

I think these are fair, yes. :) 3 BSA hatchies for both dinos and chickens seems to be pretty standard. I personally wouldn't trade either for a 5G prize, though, since you'll likely find people willing to gift you those for free. 

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I think these are fair, yes. :) 3 BSA hatchies for both dinos and chickens seems to be pretty standard. I personally wouldn't trade either for a 5G prize, though, since you'll likely find people willing to gift you those for free. 

Ok thanks! I wasn’t too sure about the prize either. 

How many BSA hatchlings (either red, pink, or purple) of any lineage could I get for a CB Red Dorsal? 

I found these guys in the AP yesterday. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/H9B1l

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EIaCo

https://dragcave.net/lineage/6XYjC

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zIqKU

https://dragcave.net/lineage/r68fD

I ran all (or most, not sure if I did the royal blue) through the inbred checker and they all came out clean. They’re pretty long even gens (with the exception of zIqKU) and purebred (with the exception of the royal blue). Just wondering what they’re worth. 

Also, what’s a paper worth? Caught one a little while ago and since I have one already I want to trade it. 

Edited by Dragongirl00100

On 4/5/2018 at 11:48 AM, Lucere said:

How many BSA hatchlings (either red, pink, or purple) of any lineage could I get for a CB Red Dorsal? 

Probably 2, maybe Three if you're lucky?

2 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

Probably 2, maybe Three if you're lucky?

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind if I ever find another red dorsal in the biomes.

8 hours ago, Dragongirl00100 said:

I found these guys in the AP yesterday. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/H9B1l

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EIaCo

https://dragcave.net/lineage/6XYjC

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zIqKU

https://dragcave.net/lineage/r68fD

I ran all (or most, not sure if I did the royal blue) through the inbred checker and they all came out clean. They’re pretty long even gens (with the exception of zIqKU) and purebred (with the exception of the royal blue). Just wondering what they’re worth. 

Also, what’s a paper worth? Caught one a little while ago and since I have one already I want to trade it. 

From what I've seen longer even-gens aren't all that popular in trades unless you happen to come across someone who's specifically making a lineage like that. Those are all commons, which I don't really see much want for except sometimes CBs. It might be worth poking around for a thread about purebreds and seeing if anyone might be interested there. 

Papers are fairly decent for trading, unbreedable and semi-hard to get in-cave, I've seen them trade for Zyus or Xenos, maybe a Trio (Magma, Ice, or Thunder). They can be a bit tricky to trade sometimes though because they are unbreedable and lots of people who trade are doing so to continue/start lineages.