Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So I'm a little out of touch with trading. Is it reasonable to ask for 4 CB common hatchlings (any breed) in exchange for a CB gaia?

I mean, if I had four common CB hatchlings on me, I'd trade them for a Gaia in a heartbeat.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Would I be able to trade a CB Two-Headed Lindwyrm for a CB Lunar Herald? Keep reflex-clicking when I see the word 'moonlight' and it's the 3rd or 4th time I've grabbed one of these by accident now! If not, what sort of thing should I add to get a Herald?

Things I've traded this week for a Lunar Herald because I was sick of hunting for them, both 1:1:

CB Black Zyumorph

Yellow Dino

Both were reflex-clicks that I didn't need. I probably underpriced them but I wanted them gone and was happy with the exchanges.

I personally wouldn't give a Herald for a two-headed Lindwyrm. I see the latter more frequently while hunting and it has more limited breeding options. You might be able to get other limited breeders, like other two-headed breeds or drakes or pygmies for it.

Edited by LibbyLishly

2 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Things I've traded this week for a Lunar Herald because I was sick of hunting for them, both 1:1:

CB Black Zyumorph

Yellow Dino

Both were reflex-clicks that I didn't need. I probably underpriced them but I wanted them gone and was happy with the exchanges.

I personally wouldn't give a Herald for a two-headed Lindwyrm. I see the latter more frequently while hunting and it has more limited breeding options. You might be able to get other limited breeders, like other two-headed breeds or drakes or pygmies for it.

Thanks, I keep hunting for one then, or at least find something a bit better to trade for one.

Is a 2g holly form a male gold a good offer for a CB? I'm honestly unsure since I haven't figured out what a CB is worth.

2 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Is a 2g holly form a male gold a good offer for a CB? I'm honestly unsure since I haven't figured out what a CB is worth.

I would personally say no, since CB Female Hollies are still unique and unobtainable. CB Hollies will become easy to pick up as everyone reaches their breed limits. That said, things could change a lot in a very short amount of time, so nothing is certain.

2 minutes ago, The_Bucket said:

I would personally say no, since CB Female Hollies are still unique and unobtainable. CB Hollies will become easy to pick up as everyone reaches their breed limits. That said, things could change a lot in a very short amount of time, so nothing is certain.

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by blockEdragon

What is a 2nd gen tinsel/tinselkin or shimmer/shimmerkin worth now? I've been gone for a while, and wondering if the raffles have changed their worth any.

What could a 3G PB alt Black go for? I hatched a sitting one last night, but I have no clue what to look for... he's only the third alt black I've ever hatched. |D;

So ... what are CB Golds currently worth?

Just caught one that I don't need for current scroll goals, but for years I've been dreaming about a third ND ... are there any chances?

1 minute ago, Gluria said:

So ... what are CB Golds currently worth?

Just caught one that I don't need for current scroll goals, but for years I've been dreaming about a third ND ... are there any chances?

Basically anything. An ND, a CB Silver, multiple CB Coppers/Xenowyrms/Unbreedables/etc., or possibly a 2G Prize depending on demand.

Thank you!

Sounds good, think I'll give it a shot.

Just wondering, as CB Silvers seemed to have dropped in value a few months back when I caught one and wanted to trade it.

Is it possible to trade a CB Almandine for a CB Gaia at this point? Or have Almandines lost too much value?

I personally see the gaia as more rare, I mean really its all up to what people need, but at this point it may be a stretch

On 12/31/2017 at 6:59 AM, tkt1780 said:

I've heard that a gold is worth 2 or 3 silvers.

In theory, yes; in practice, not so much. I usually see CB Golds going for one of three things: a Neglected, a 2G prize/fail, or a 2G from spriter's alt.

Edited by Miral

That's what I was afraid of. Rats. I may just AP it to free up the slot to keep hunting for Gaias, then...

I'm feeling a bit out of touch after focusing on olives for the holly contest for so long. How many CB common/uncommon hatchies, or any lineage Aeon hatchies, would a 2g metal from holiday be worth?

Also, what are CB Zyus and CB Aeons worth/are they better 'trade fodder' than Coppers and Xenos these days or not?

On 12/29/2017 at 3:22 PM, Saika said:

What is a 2nd gen tinsel/tinselkin or shimmer/shimmerkin worth now? I've been gone for a while, and wondering if the raffles have changed their worth any.

Yes, it indeed has had some effect but more will come. I have seen the prizes offered in exchange for an ND, Gold, 2G Spriter's alt, or 2-3 Silvers (all CB). Some users are willing to ask for lesser value breeds in greater quantities (e.g. 10-40 hatchlings of CB commons).

Prizekin seem to be going for anywhere from a CB Common to an uncommon-common such as a Zyumorph from what I have seen..

4 hours ago, shopfront said:

I'm feeling a bit out of touch after focusing on olives for the holly contest for so long. How many CB common/uncommon hatchies, or any lineage Aeon hatchies, would a 2g metal from holiday be worth?

Also, what are CB Zyus and CB Aeons worth/are they better 'trade fodder' than Coppers and Xenos these days or not?

As far as I can tell, all four breeds are still in high demand.

I see 2g metal from holidays all over the map. Some people want any one CB hatchie, others want a very specific type hatchie, and multiple of them; I have seen people offering a CB Gaia for a specific 2g metal x Holiday pairing.

So I have a 3G Prize from a 2017 line and a 3G from a commonish 2015 line. Both are Silver, if that matters. Can I get anything other than BSAs or CB commons for them?

Is there some form of rough trading guide that kinda gives an idea of the updated trading value of things? :ph34r: I'm just so lost when it comes to trading these days. I've been looking to descriptors like "Rare" vs "Uncommon", but I realize that those don't necessarily give a good gauge either because a Daydream and an Aeon are both listed as uncommon, but one is definitely of a higher trade value than the other. 

I think the part where Gaias are worth more than Almandines really threw me off. It made me realize that my idea of trade values is really off right now. 

This is my understanding right now: (not saying that this is the rule at all, just what I personally understand trade values to be) 

Tier 1:
2G from Spriter's Alt > 2G Prize / Neglected Dragon > CB Gold 

Tier 2: 
CB Silver > 3G from Spriter's Alt (?) > 2G Prize kin 

Tier 3: 
CB Copper /  CB Blusang / CB Unbreedables (although I seem to observe the dinos being more sought after than the others) / CB Xenos / 2G PB Alts (like blacks and vines) 
 blurry for me / CB Tan Ridgewing / CB Trio? 

** Although I do somehow think that the Copppers are worth more than the trios.. right? I don't really feel like the CB Trios are that sought after, even though they're classified as rare eggs since each scroll really only needs 1 set to summon the GoN. 

Tier 4: 
CB Zyus, CB Aeons (although I've seen them being more popular than Tan Ridgewings and Trios), CB Almandine / Spessartine / Pyrope ( I don't really know how these trade anymore), CB Fire Gems

Tier 4.5? 
CB Nebula, CB Gemshard, CB Baikala, other newish releases, CB BSA hatchies

Tier 5: 
Lineaged BSA / CB Hatchies 

Obviously, I'm missing out things.. mainly on purpose because I don't know how they stand with regards to the others. The value of 3G prizes and 2G Hybrids (like Carinas, Soul Peaces, Hell Horses, Setsong / Risensong etc) and really, anything at all with a lineage. 

Is this more or less right? Not that it matters a lot, but I just don't want to accidentally short-change the person I'm trading with (or myself!). I once saw an inexperienced trader trade her CB Silver for a CB Aeon, and don't want to find myself or anyone else in a similar situation. 

@The Dragoness - Based on my personal experience, I've actually managed to trade 1 of my 4Gs for a CB Zyu, although right now I'm really starting to think that that was an anomaly. I've never really had problems trading off my 3G Prizes though. I believe I got a CB Tan Ridgewing and a CB Spessartine as 2 of my more recent 3G Prize trades.