Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Cb red dorsal, what should I ask for it? I've been asking for other rares but I haven't gotten a bite yet so I'm wondering if they are even considered rare anymore? And if not what should I be asking for it? 

On 1/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, coo_ said:

I think that'd be fair. If they're CB, I'd say maybe 3 CB BSAs  = 1 chrono. Different people may ask for more or less, though.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Rekha said:

Cb red dorsal, what should I ask for it? I've been asking for other rares but I haven't gotten a bite yet so I'm wondering if they are even considered rare anymore? And if not what should I be asking for it? 

Maybe a CB Trio, CB Tan Ridgewing, or a low gen Prize?

I have a blusang, Magia, Thalassa, and 2 cheese eggs, all cb.  Would any of them trade for CB Zyumorphs from the coast, desert, forest or jungle biomes?  If not what is going to be the easiest way to get the ones listed so that I can finish them out so I can summon?  Also what would I need to get to trade for a 2 gen Aeon egg?

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Maybe a CB Trio, CB Tan Ridgewing, or a low gen Prize?

Thank you

So I am working on getting a 3rd Gen EG Perfect Checker Silver Tinsel Female Prize and Male Celestial. When I have that, what could I even ask for for that sort of lineage prize egg? I know blood swaps but is there any other value other than a blood swap for something like that?

On 1/18/2018 at 10:02 AM, obelisk_light said:

Would one set of CB Trio hatchies and a CB Red Copper be worth a CB Gold egg?

I'd say no, mainly because CB Trios don't hold much value since many already have sets of them. I suppose maybe if you were trading with someone who really loves Trios or someone who wants to be generous - but in all the CB gold postings I've seen people seem to try to shoot higher (2G from spriter's alts, 2G prize, multiple CB silvers..). Now, maybe if it was multiple sets of CB Trios, I can see that working for the right person.

hi all, I recently came back to DC after 'neglecting' my dragons for 2 years due to busy life.  *feel bad*  could someone give me a quick run down of the top, 2nd and maybe third tier trade fodders? reason I asked is because what I thought could fetch pretty good trade is no longer true....  thanks a bunch.

2nd gen prizes and prizeKin.

3rd Gen prizes - steps being more valued than even gen.

Lineages with Spriter's Alts the lower gen the better. The newer alts being more sort after.

2nd gen black/green alt hatchies are the most sort after of their ilk but you can usually get a good trade for any gen.

CB Xenowyrms.

CB Zyumorphs do an okay trade.

2nd gen Holly values have collapsed unless you have one of the rare CB females.

I'm sure there are lots more that should be listed. A good idea is to look at the trade threads. Anything with its own thread is worth trying and the rare trade thread has a list of rares on the first page

Edited by Wiz

On 28.2.2018 at 7:02 AM, teresadurfin said:

hi all, I recently came back to DC after 'neglecting' my dragons for 2 years due to busy life.  *feel bad*  could someone give me a quick run down of the top, 2nd and maybe third tier trade fodders? reason I asked is because what I thought could fetch pretty good trade is no longer true....  thanks a bunch.

I think that a few pages back someone made a tier list, you should check it out :) Based on my gut feeling, though, I'd say that

• Tier 1: 2G from Spriter's Alt, Neglected, 2G Prize, CB Gold, roughly in that order. Oh, and also 2G from female Holly or CB Hybrid.
  • Tier 2: CB Silver, 2G Prizekin. (Although sometimes you can trade a CB Silver for 2G Prize.)
  • Tier 3: 2G PB Alt Black/Vine/Undine > CB Copper, green being the most valuable of them. And also 3G from Spriter's Alt! (3G SA-kins from newer releases could go for a CB Silver.)

Then the rest would be CB Xenos (Gaia being the most valuable by far), unbreedables, 2G metals (?) > CB Aeons, CB Zyus, CB BSA hatchlings, CB Tan Ridgewings, 3G Prizes, metallic checkers > CB Gemshards, CB Lunar Heralds, CB common hatchlings, lineaged BSA hatchlings. CB word codes too, but that depends on the breed, accuracy of spelling, and a million other things. CB Blusangs, Almandines, Spessartines and Trios would be somewhere there below Xenos and unbreedables, but I can't say exactly where, since I haven't traded for them since I came back a few years ago and gave a CB Silver in exchange for a few Pyralspites, only to discover that they had become easy to catch. Should've checked this thread myself... Remember when CB Blacks were all the rage? XD

Edited by Aie
I keep editing to add stuff I forgot...

About how many CB Celestial hatchlings would be fair for a CB Silver? I was hoping to trade for something else, but I don't think it's going to work out. :/

Edited by 11th

1 hour ago, 11th said:

About how many CB Celestial hatchlings would be fair for a CB Silver? I was hoping to trade for something else, but I don't think it's going to work out. :/

I've seen past users ask for 20-30 CB common hatchies for a CB silver and around 30-50 (even sometimes more than that) for a CB gold or 2G prize. Those prices seem a bit high to me, though - I'm just basing it off of past trade postings I've seen. I guess, as always, it depends on preference and how the person you're trading with is feeling that day. *shrug*

14 hours ago, 11th said:

Personally, I once traded 15 CB uncommon hatchlings for a CB Silver. I think 30 is too high, as coo_ said.

What are Baikalas from the Coast worth now?  I have one just now, not sure if it's worth the trading hassle or not.

thanks for everyone who posted here and messaged me about trade values.  really helps a lot.  quick question ... why 2G from a FEMALE holly worth more than one from a male holly?

9 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

thanks for everyone who posted here and messaged me about trade values.  really helps a lot.  quick question ... why 2G from a FEMALE holly worth more than one from a male holly?

The original release of CB hollys (and the re-release this past Christmas, 2017) was male only and they could not be influenced female. For some Christmas raffles in the past an honorable mention prize was a CB holly, which could be influenced female. So, the only CB female hollys belong to the lucky few selected by the raffle who influenced them as such.

-x-

@Amazon_warrior I would personally say it isn't worth the effort. I traded 1 CB hatchie (common, I think) for one purely because I didn't feel like sitting in the biomes looking for one. I suppose you could always maybe get a CB gemshard or uncommon for it if you'd really like to exchange it, maybe a 2G hybrid?

Edited by coo_

1 minute ago, coo_ said:

The original release of CB hollys (and the re-release this past Christmas, 2017) was male only and they could not be influenced female. For some Christmas raffles in the past an honorable mention prize was a CB holly, which could be influenced female. So, the only CB female hollys belong to the lucky few selected by the raffle who influenced them as such.

Got it.  now that we've monthly prizes (please pick me, please pick me LOL) do we still have x'mas raffles?

1 hour ago, coo_ said:

@Amazon_warrior I would personally say it isn't worth the effort. I traded 1 CB hatchie (common, I think) for one purely because I didn't feel like sitting in the biomes looking for one. I suppose you could always maybe get a CB gemshard or uncommon for it if you'd really like to exchange it, maybe a 2G hybrid?

Figured as much!  She grew up on my scroll, anyway - and I could go for more Zombie fodder.  <evil laugh>  Thanks for the reply!  :)

I have been paying more attention to what people ask for in the trade posts.  I noticed a lot of people are asking for hatchies, regardless of breed/lineage/gender, even for some CB trio, xeno, gemshard, lunar etc  I understand some of these aren't really 'rare' found but still it seems that people are really eager to get ride of eggs for hatchies.  as if there is some sort of a race to get adults on their scroll.   Am I missing something?  Or it is just the 'trend' these days.

1 minute ago, teresadurfin said:

I have been paying more attention to what people ask for in the trade posts.  I noticed a lot of people are asking for hatchies, regardless of breed/lineage/gender, even for CB trio, xeno, gemshard, lunar etc  I understand some of these aren't really 'rare' found but still it seems that people are really eager to get ride of eggs for hatchies.  as if there is some sort of a race to get adults on their scroll.   Am I missing something?  Or it is just the 'trend' these days.

I am sorry, I hit something,  not sure what buttons ... and posted twice.  So sorry :( :( :( :(

Edited by teresadurfin

We have more 'hatchling' slots then egg slots (ie, I can only hold up to 8 eggs at once but can have up to 24 hatchlings), so people can be egg-locked but still be able to accept hatchlings in trades, or maybe they just want egg slots free for hunting. Also, hatchlings take less time to grow up, which appeal to those of us who are a tad impatient. And another thing I just thought of, it's possible some people that ask for hatchies intend to freeze them... If you intend to freeze a hatchling it's sort of annoying to have it taking up an egg slot for a long time.

What are 1-2 CB Golds worth now a days. I've never been fortunate to have enough I'd ever consider trading one until recently. So I'm not really sure what value they carry anymore. Thanks!