Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Have cb golds lost their trade value for 2g prizes? Or have they just lost their value period?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dragongirl00100 said:

What would this guy be worth (if anything)?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/oYqPM

Mom is upside-down mint. 

A lot of people have given away Mints with upside-down parents in the departure thread, so they've been quite available. I think your best bet would be finding someone trying to make a lineage from all upside-down parents, but if only one parent is, you might struggle to find a trade. 

3 hours ago, pixiezbite said:

Have cb golds lost their trade value for 2g prizes? Or have they just lost their value period?

Thanks

I'm not sure that it's so much a matter of CB Golds losing their value. I see a lot of trades for 2G prizes that want very specific 2G prize swaps, likely because the greater the circulation of 2G prizes, the more mates are needed to continue lineages. I still see a number of trades for 2G prizes asking for a CB gold, though, so I think it's certainly possible to make these trades. :)

I was wondering what are CB Spessartines and green Two-headed lindwyrms worth nowadays? I struggled to get my pairs, but that was quite a while ago, so perhaps I'm just keeping them myself really as I only have one pair for each of those breed variants.

5 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

I was wondering what are CB Spessartines and green Two-headed lindwyrms worth nowadays? I struggled to get my pairs, but that was quite a while ago, so perhaps I'm just keeping them myself really as I only have one pair for each of those breed variants.

I've actually had trouble giving away two-headed lindwyrms, I remember the struggle to get them in the beginning but now it seems not many people are interested in them. Spessartines are one of the rarer variations of Pyralspites, though I'm not exactly sure what they are worth. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've actually had trouble giving away two-headed lindwyrms, I remember the struggle to get them in the beginning but now it seems not many people are interested in them. Spessartines are one of the rarer variations of Pyralspites, though I'm not exactly sure what they are worth. 

Aah, okay, thanks for info! :) I was actually expecting something like that since I knew that Spessartines are at least somewhat rare, though not of course like metallics, whereas I haven't seen anyone asking for Two-headed lindwyrms in particular.

@Varislapsi I've had a fair few Spessartines recently. I'm not sure if they are gradually getting a little easier to catch, or if I just had a concentrated period of very good luck. :P In my experience, their value seems to be about equal to the more common Zyumorphs and brown coppers, etc. I've seen them go for 3-4 CB commons or thereabouts. I hope that helps!

I don't really or ever see trades asking for 2G golds from non-holiday dragons/shimmers. I don't have any holiday dragons or such, so I'm not sure what a 2G gold would be worth if bred with uncommons or rares. Are they in demand at all? I'm thinking of breeding with a Gold Floret or a black but I'm not sure if it would be worth asking for anything in return.

1 hour ago, Chronomaly said:

I don't really or ever see trades asking for 2G golds from non-holiday dragons/shimmers. I don't have any holiday dragons or such, so I'm not sure what a 2G gold would be worth if bred with uncommons or rares. Are they in demand at all? I'm thinking of breeding with a Gold Floret or a black but I'm not sure if it would be worth asking for anything in return.

Yes, they're certainly desirable. :) In the past, I've actually seen people take preference to metals from non-holiday mates because it means they can continue a lineage outside of holiday seasons. You might not see as many up for trade because breeding a metal to a common mate is hard and usually yields a common egg in return. I've found metals from commons actually tend to trade very well because people struggle to get them and may want them to continue lineages. 

Just a warning, though. With a new release like the Florets, it may take quite a while before you successfully breed a gold egg. Initially when new breeds are released, they tend to breed their own kind much more, even when paired with common mates. By pairing a new release with a rare, you're almost certainly going to get the new release in return. Unless you have your heart set on that pairing and want to start a lineage yourself, I'd recommend finding an older mate that's been in the cave longer. If your goal is producing trade fodder, you'll have more luck with a breed that has been around longer. 

I hope this helps! ^_^ 

@StormWizard212 Thanks, that was helpful indeed! Actually also the answer about 2nd gen metals was a good read even for me. :)

Edited by Varislapsi

1 hour ago, Chronomaly said:

I traded for this but I'm not sure if the code is really special or not or what to ask for it. https://dragcave.net/lineage/Uidia

Its a nice code, at least for me. You never know what people would offer but I'd love it if you don't get any great offers because Fire Gem.

What would be a reasonable offer to put up if I were looking for a 2G prizekin from a specific combination, in this case a 2G mint from a bronze tinsel (m) x flipped mint (f)? Would a CB Gaia/Chrono Xenowyrm or a CB Copper be appropriate or should I offer something more valuable?

Not a trade exactly, but I figured this might be the best place to ask... Are Blusangs becoming a bit more common, or a bit less wanted? I saw two in the biomes within the past 15 minutes, and both of them sat there through 5+ refreshes. Was that just a fluke or are they less desirable then they used to be?

16 hours ago, Lucere said:

What would be a reasonable offer to put up if I were looking for a 2G prizekin from a specific combination, in this case a 2G mint from a bronze tinsel (m) x flipped mint (f)? Would a CB Gaia/Chrono Xenowyrm or a CB Copper be appropriate or should I offer something more valuable?

I think it's going to depend a lot on luck. I think a CB Xeno or Copper would probably be a fair trade for a prizekin, but it's going to be a lot harder to source what you're looking for when it's just a single pairing that you want. I think you'd be best off looking for someone who is already breeding their Bronze Tinsel to a Mint and contact them, asking politely if they'd be willing to trade with you next time they get a prizekin. Otherwise, I think you may struggle to get an offer - not because the trade isn't fair, but because what you're after is so limited and might not be readily available.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not a trade exactly, but I figured this might be the best place to ask... Are Blusangs becoming a bit more common, or a bit less wanted? I saw two in the biomes within the past 15 minutes, and both of them sat there through 5+ refreshes. Was that just a fluke or are they less desirable then they used to be?

I've seen quite a few in the cave lately. I think it could be a bit of both. For a while, they were very difficult to get, which inflated their value (like Blacks, at one point) but now that they're more readily available, they're not as sought after as they once were. Given that they're coming up to their 6th birthday in cave, it may also be that people have already reached their scroll goals for them and aren't so interested in them anymore. Personally, I don't even grab them as trade fodder anymore when I see them in the cave, since trading them hasn't really been worth the effort the last couple of times I've done it. I've ended up hatching them then trading them off for a couple of CB hatchies. 

What are the chances of getting a CB Purple Floret in exchange for a CB Gold Floret? Are they similar in value or is one harder to find than the other?

12 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

What are the chances of getting a CB Purple Floret in exchange for a CB Gold Floret? Are they similar in value or is one harder to find than the other?

Personally, my experience hunting for them was that they were quite evenly distributed, but I haven't really hunted for them for a couple of weeks so that may have changed now. I know that people have certainly had an easier time breeding the purple ones than the gold ones. The discussion is here at the end of the thread. If you have the gold and you're looking for a purple, you should manage to trade it. :) If it's the other way around, give it a go and see. I would certainly have traded them 1:1 a couple of weeks ago. 

59 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

From what I've seen the purples seem to be a tad harder to find then the golds, I know I've seen more golds in the biome today then purples, but it seems to be a small enough difference that it hasn't tipped the scales too much either way.

I just bred my first 2g PB Silver, I'm not sure what they are worth though. I'm thinking of asking for 1-2 CB hatchies or perhaps a BSA, but would that be too little or too much?

3 hours ago, Chronomaly said:

I just bred my first 2g PB Silver, I'm not sure what they are worth though. I'm thinking of asking for 1-2 CB hatchies or perhaps a BSA, but would that be too little or too much?

I think 2-3 CB commons are fair for a 2G Silver. Depending on what BSA hatchies you want, you could probably get a couple. That would sound fair to me. :)  

Are the different Zyumorph variants (cavebred) different rarities when it comes to trading? Could I maybe get an Alpine (black) Zyu for a Forest (white) Zyu, or is one more valuable then the other?

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are the different Zyumorph variants (cavebred) different rarities when it comes to trading? Could I maybe get an Alpine (black) Zyu for a Forest (white) Zyu, or is one more valuable then the other?

I believe the black and red Zyu are the least valuable.

44 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

From what I've seen, yellow and white Zyus seem to be the most valuable. Red is the least. It varies with the other colors.

So yeah, that's probably reasonable :)

What does a CB Blusang go for these days?

I caught one and I am debating whether to trade it or keep it. :)