Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Most people would refuse the paper and cheese. Lots are looking for bloodswaps, or low gen metals, CB trios.... Still. Its biting me rather hard. Then again, I am looking at a specific pairing.

Since when did CB hollies, even HM ones, equal a CB prize, spriter's alt, or HM hyrbid?

Since when did CB hollies, even HM ones, equal a CB prize, spriter's alt, or HM hyrbid?

I thought they were always equivalent...

Since Hollies can only breed once per year (and then only one egg can be reliably given to a specific person), their offspring have always been on par with 2g Prizes / other rare thingies. They're also fairly equal in terms of being "cool thing people want fails from." The difference, of course, is that Prizes (and, to a lesser degree, Spriter's Alts and HM Hybrids) can breed true all year, while Hollies can't, making those things more valuable as breeders (even if the Holly babies are practically rarer due to their limitations).

Well, I only have one GoN and she keeps refusing to breed me an avatar.

So I would really like to get one through trading. But I have no idea what I would have to offer to get a nice 2nd gen. Would a Paper egg be enough? I can add a cheese if I have to, but I'd rather keep the last one for myself.

It's way better to be patiant then go through the trouble of people asking for CB Metals and 2g Prizes for their avatars. I saw a couple the other day asking for those for their 3rd gens. >.>; So if you don't want to go through that then just be patient. You can try breeding 3g metals to see if you'd get any luck if you're willing to go through the trouble. Tbh, I have not traded for a single 2g Avatar, mine have been gifts or lucky AP finds and I do not plan on bothering to go through the trouble either. The worst that can happen is that the paper grows up on your scroll (actually, I think that's the best thing that can happen). So yeah, I'm not very experienced with trading for these 2g avatars so maybe someone else can help you better than I :/

I have lately been thinking 2g Hollies > 2g Prizes because of their demand, low in numbers, and only being able to breed once a year. Though I'd value a HM Hybrid less than a 2g prize and a 2g holly. >.>;

Cb:

prize > hybrid > holly.

But I guess you're not talking about cbs.

Second gen:

2g holly >= 2g prize >2g hybrid > 2g prizefail >= 2g hollyfail.

And thats nothing new. In order to successfully trade for a 2g holly, you need to go through the same hoops as for a 2g prize, with two important differences:

1) they only breed once a year

2) their owners/codes are a lot less known

All that my scroll is currently needing to be complete by my definition, is a CB Green Copper.

What are they worth? Does a bred egg (or more) have any chance? Because the reason I'm missing the Copper is that I barely have time to eat atm, let alone hunt the cave sad.gif

All that my scroll is currently needing to be complete by my definition, is a CB Green Copper.

What are they worth? Does a bred egg (or more) have any chance? Because the reason I'm missing the Copper is that I barely have time to eat atm, let alone hunt the cave sad.gif

A bred egg such like 2nd gen gold or low gen shimmer DOES have a chance.

Silver and gold mates seem hot right now. The fails are crazy, I found one and they wanted.... well like four CB springs, CB nebula, Two CB tan RW.... I would use fertility and cross your fingers for a fail!

A bred egg such like 2nd gen gold or low gen shimmer DOES have a chance.

A 2nd gen Gold and a second egg worked, thanks happy.gif

What would this be worth in terms of 2nd gen Soul peaces, PB Whites, or PB Falconiform Wyverns?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DzWIw

Uhm, that's tough to say since what you're offering is quite random and what you want is random as well. It's not PB either since the one silver ruins it. I'd say you'd be lucky if you got 2 PB Soul Peaces/PB Whites/PB Falconiforms.

As a trader for PB Whites and CB Whites, I trade for these often and this is what I usually trade for them:

- CB Trios --> 5g PB White or 18 CB Whites (16 CBs can make a 5g, but I've been experimenting with it by adding an extra 2 CBs and it's worked great)

- CB Unbreedable --> Same as above, Cheese trades horribly, but paper does nicely and so do chickens. However, I trade off the Chicken for a CB Blusang to net gain better.

- CB Blusang --> 6g PB White or 34 CB Whites (Usually people just build up and those people have the adults whites hoarded already)

- CB Copper (reds/browns) --> 8g PB White (People won't hoard CBs for these as that's about past 100 CBs LOL I have traded 2 coppers like this and as the Blusang, hey have some or most of the CB whites on hand as adults).

- 2g PB Metals --> 15 CB Whites.

- 2g PB Copper (Green) --> 10 CB Whites

- CB New Releases (eggs) --> 10 CB Whites. To my surprise I found people willing to trade for this and not just a few... laugh.gif

Of course for the CBs I always ask for hatchlings only to avoid my constant egglock. As for the PBs most of the time I ask for eggs if it's the highest PB generation I'm asking for. However, I say they can offer up lower generations that can add up to it as well. So if I wanted a 8g then they'd have to fork up 2x 7g PB Hatchlings or 4x 6g PB Hatchlings and so on.

These prices are great too, most of the time they go in a couple of days. The only problem I had trading them off was the Cheese. Often times (thrice) it'd just grow up or hatch before someone was interested. The only other fail was a CB Ice, but in the past the other CB Ices I traded went by quick. As for the 2g PBs, I never really thought about trading those sort of things off for CB Whites since I am still quite behind my 2g Metal/Holiday collection. I was actually PM'd for each one with a trade offer. xd.png

What can I get for a CB magma? I'm looking for stuff like metals and cb nebulas (or other hatchlings).

As a trader for PB Whites and CB Whites, I trade for these often and this is what I usually trade for them:

- CB Trios --> 5g PB White or 18 CB Whites (16 CBs can make a 5g, but I've been experimenting with it by adding an extra 2 CBs and it's worked great)

- CB Unbreedable --> Same as above, Cheese trades horribly, but paper does nicely and so do chickens. However, I trade off the Chicken for a CB Blusang to net gain better.

- CB Blusang --> 6g PB White or 34 CB Whites (Usually people just build up and those people have the adults whites hoarded already)

- CB Copper (reds/browns) --> 8g PB White (People won't hoard CBs for these as that's about past 100 CBs LOL I have traded 2 coppers like this and as the Blusang, hey have some or most of the CB whites on hand as adults).

- CB New Releases (eggs) --> 10 CB Whites. To my surprise I found people willing to trade for this and not just a few... laugh.gif

Just saying, but I wouldn't give half the amount of CB Whites you're asking for for most of those things, and I see most of them traded away for much much less. Of course that's your experience, but I kinda feel like you're asking a bit too much for those trades. The PB lineages aren't too bad a price for them, but I for one wouldn't value a single PB as highly as the amount of CB's needed to make it, especially not as hatchies. In other words, I'd say 16 CB White hatchies are worth a lot more than a 5G PB White. Others, of course, may disagree.

Edited by TheGrox

Uhm, that's tough to say since what you're offering is quite random and what you want is random as well. It's not PB either since the one silver ruins it. I'd say you'd be lucky if you got 2 PB Soul Peaces/PB Whites/PB Falconiforms.

Of course for the CBs I always ask for hatchlings only to avoid my constant egglock. As for the PBs most of the time I ask for eggs if it's the highest PB generation I'm asking for. However, I say they can offer up lower generations that can add up to it as well. So if I wanted a 8g then they'd have to fork up 2x 7g PB Hatchlings or 4x 6g PB Hatchlings and so on.

These prices are great too, most of the time they go in a couple of days. The only problem I had trading them off was the Cheese. Often times (thrice) it'd just grow up or hatch before someone was interested. The only other fail was a CB Ice, but in the past the other CB Ices I traded went by quick. As for the 2g PBs, I never really thought about trading those sort of things off for CB Whites since I am still quite behind my 2g Metal/Holiday collection. I was actually PM'd for each one with a trade offer. xd.png

Ahahaha, thank you. I realized my egg has an awkward silver in it, but I thought there might be people who could trade me. xd.png

what are Opals worth now a days?

Not anywhere near what they used to be. I've seen some CBs wander through the AP a bit lately (have one on my scroll now, pm me if you want it)Greens show up much more so than blues so the blue might be worth a little something, bsa maybe, nice lineage, unbreedable, etc

@wingedwarrior: You're welcome, good luck trading for your collection. smile.gif

Tbh, Grox, I do not aim for the CBs in particular. The reason why people would rather just give the CBs if they don't have the PBs is because they don't want to go through the extra time through breeding, especially if it is not a breed they hoard tongue.gif I get CB offers more often then I do PBs and as I said, it works even if I didn't aim for the CB. That's why in my trades if it's PBs the highest gen is what I want as an egg only. It saves me time, lots of time that you probably wouldn't believe. o_o; Do you know how long it takes to breed a 3g considering you have all the CBs needed? 2 weeks, literately and that's not taking into account no refusals during CB and 2g process as well as "no egg given" which has been happening oddly a lot more frequently with whites (in my experience and I have bred quite a bit to be very comfortable to say so). Do you know how long someone could effectively hunt for CB Whites and hatch them in 2 weeks? Easily 10, easily 15. CB Whites are not rare, and they are not uncommon, they're pretty common in ALL biomes. You see it is the breeding that many do not want to go through. To MOST 16 CBs are worth a lot more than a 5g PB, but you need to take into consideration the time and effort for making it, which you have not, and it clearly reflects to your post. As well as the use of those CBs to them. Again, not reflected in your post.

"Am I going to use these CBs in the future?"

"Am I going to go through the trouble of months breeding up to the 5g instead of coughing up the CBs?"

I believe originally I asked before that I was only interested in a "5g PB Egg" for a CB Ice and someone PM'd me instead asking if they could catch the CBs, perhaps even less. I reasoned to them I was going to be doing all the breeding, the time it takes me and not them. Each and all that were willing to catch CBs, but at less (3-5 less) I reasoned each and every one of them that I was doing all the breeding and not them. It made sense to them and again, each and every one of them agreed to do that or agreed to breed up to a certain generation and fetch me CBs here and there. And as I told them,

"As long as I can make the total generation I wanted, I'm more than fine with it"

"In other words, I'd say 16 CB White hatchies are worth a lot more than a 5G PB White. Others, of course, may disagree."

You're actually totally right on that. If I had put up a trade of a 5g PB White and asked for 16 CB White hatchlings, I bet you I wouldn't be able to get an offer. Why? Because it is a lineage and when trading lineages it is only worth anything if the user is doing a project on them, or can benefit from offspring, otherwise it is useless to them. If I had to ask people "would you take a 5g PB White or 16 CB White hatchlings?" the majority would say CBs as they can do so much more compared to the 5g PB. I value a 8g PB White as much as a CB Copper, I can tell you now that most would not offer that much for a 8g PB, but that is what I see it worth to me. But do I tell other people that they can reasonably get a CB Copper for a 8g PB White if they ever built it? No. Why? Because I know specifically that is me that is willing, not the majority. Oh sure, I could put "Want 20 CB White Hatchlings for CB Copper", but if I actually wanted the 8g PB White and listed that with the 20 CB White option, to the untrained breeder they would spot out that the 20 CB Whites is a way better option and I guarantee you I wouldn't be getting that 8g PB offer anytime soon. laugh.gif

As I feel this needs saying since you've got me all wrong.

I do not in anyway give advice that benefits me. Even if it's trades where people can get CB Golds/Silvers/Coppers for 2g prizefails and I disagree (which if you keep up with the thread, you'd know) then I will tell you that is what you can get. I will no way say "You won't get anything better than a few caveblocker hatchies" or "I wouldn't give that much for it.... so you won't get that CB Metal offer" even if it is my opinion on what it should be worth. I will never give such advice or advice that I know I personally would give and not what most would give. Simple. It's one of my greatest pet peeves on the thread, ugh. I will of course give my opinion. And if I really don't know what a trade is worth I will simply say "Maybe someone else can help you better than me", which I kinda did a few posts up.

Why give what I think a general trader would give besides me personally...? Because when they come onto this thread most of the time they want to know what most would give for it, not just myself.

what are Opals worth now a days?

Tawanda is right, they're not worth as they used to nowadays. The deflation occurred shortly after the Grave Releases (so 2013 Halloween egg drop) because of the huge boom of CB Green Opals. I feel Blues are worth more than Greens now and Blues never went as much as Greens before the release. BSA and Nice lineage is what I'm sure you could get if someone was looking for it, which many aren't, but not the unbreedable.

Well, okay. O.o My point was that I do not believe that "most" would give as many CB Whites as you describe for what you were talking about in that post.

I'd trade away CB Trios and Unbreedables for ~4 CB hatchies at best, for example, and I know a lot of others would too. If you can get the amount of CBs you describe for those kinds of things, well that's great for you. But I do slightly feel for the poor people who are having to spend the time catching and hatching that many, when most would accept much less. Lineages aren't as much effort as you seem to make out either, really.

Edited by TheGrox

I'd trade away CB Trios and Unbreedables for ~4 CB hatchies at best, for example, and I know a lot of others would too.

For what it's worth, that's also the going rate I typically observed while reading about successful trades in the Trading section. smile.gif (Past tense because I've not done the past two-ish months, but I doubt it would have shifted much.)

Well, okay. O.o My point was that I do not believe that "most" would give as many CB Whites as you describe for what you were talking about in that post.

I'd trade away CB Trios and Unbreedables for ~4 CB hatchies at best, for example, and I know a lot of others would too. If you can get the amount of CBs you describe for those kinds of things, well that's great for you. But I do slightly feel for the poor people who are having to spend the time catching and hatching that many, when most would accept much less. Lineages aren't as much effort as you seem to make out either, really.

Well, I like to experiment (shown with new release) and test out the waters. If I can get it for that price relatively easy then I'll continue to asking until I can't.

I unfortunately did not know that much people who would trade 4 Random/Specific CB Hatchies when I joined. It always seemed most would only want Unbreedable swaps/low gen prizes. o: Though I have seen a few, but they are rare and usually someone offers up in PM more for them since most people (if specific) do not have it on hand as hatchlings, let alone eggs, and yeah, I've been beaten a couple times like that because people tend to offer more on PM if they really want it.

Lineages are actually much effort. I am an experimenter (IRC halfop @ NDWorld), CB Collector (there are so many breeds I'm still missing as I've only been playing for 10-11 months), Lineage maker. So I usually have a lot going on with my scroll. And I can tell you my PB White project that I am aiming to towards 12g will take 2048 CBs and 1024 2g's. Imagine if I had decided to only collect the CBs and had to do all that breeding. I'm glad it's PB because if you look at the other lineages such as here and check the progeny, I'm already at the 20th egg I've received from the parents and no alt. haaaaaaaaa. Not fun. There's another one too, but I didn't get an egg from that pairing either and it's about 17-20 eggs with no alts either. And usually those take 2/7th of my egg space each week, and if not 2, always 1. Same with checkers often times I lose interest in breeding them because I can't get the rarer breed. :/ As for PBs I can be happy that I get an egg cause I know it'll always breed what I want it to breed. I have to save space for breeding fodder, expected IOUs, etc as well so I have to usually pick which lineage I'd like to continue more over the other and that is the basis of what makes up the usual eggs on my scroll. x__x

Well at least for me it's very hard.

BSA and Nice lineage is what I'm sure you could get if someone was looking for it, which many aren't, but not the unbreedable.

Eh, just going off the last cheese and chicken I got recently.

Don't remember what I offered but the trade was more along the lines of "I wouldn't mind another one of those and they aren't asking much", and not " I really want one so I'm going to offer something really nice"

Have also seen a few random comments about unbreedables not trading as well lately. Maybe Little Black Dog and ZZelabusya have slowed down on their collecting lately. xd.png

Eh, just going off the last cheese and chicken I got recently.

Don't remember what I offered but the trade was more along the lines of "I wouldn't mind another one of those and they aren't asking much", and not " I really want one so I'm going to offer something really nice"

Have also seen a few random comments about unbreedables not trading as well lately. Maybe Little Black Dog and ZZelabusya have slowed down on their collecting lately. xd.png

Oh alright, I see. xd.png

Yeah maybe they did slow down lately LOL. To think of it, I haven't seen a post of theirs asking for unbreedables as I used to. lol xd.png Hmm, maybe they have gone through deflation lately.

Whats a CB ice go for? I accidentally traded for one.... think I can get a avatar fail? They make lovely checkers... or in terms of metal checkers.