Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

No, I don't think it will, but it's important to users who want to use female Nebulas in Copper lineages. I'm making one myself, and I want to have all of the CBs on my scroll to name them properly, so that's why I'm willing to trade this much for a single Nebula.

I was doing this same thing a couple of months ago. Of course, since back then we couldn't see the dragon's origin, I had to settle for lots of Alpine stalking to catch them myself to make absolutely sure. rolleyes.gif You do see them there, but they're much less common than in the Desert. I'd offer to breed you some 2Gs, but I see it's an own-scroll project...

Apologies if this was asked already but whilst I know the avatar market is new what sorts of things do we think I should offer for certain fails?

I recently traded a 2nd gen PB copper for a lovely blusang fail but the particular one after is of course a 2nd gen Gold from Gon?

Apologies if this was asked already but whilst I know the avatar market is new what sorts of things do we think I should offer for certain fails?

I recently traded a 2nd gen PB copper for a lovely blusang fail but the particular one after is of course a 2nd gen Gold from Gon?

I'd guess it's worth a little more than normal 2nd gen gold. However, some people seem to trade them 1:1 for 2nd gen avatars.

I'd guess it's worth a little more than normal 2nd gen gold. However, some people seem to trade them 1:1 for 2nd gen avatars.

Ah thank you I thought it might be as they are a special lineage, I haven't been haunting trading forums as usual so had no idea they were even about tongue.gif

On a separate note I have offered a cb copper for trade in hopes of a 2nd gen avatar - is that too little? I personally don't agree with a 1:1 trade for a cb gold/silver or 2nd or 3rd gen prizes unsure.gif I am probably wrong though

On a separate note I have offered a cb copper for trade in hopes of a 2nd gen avatar - is that too little? I personally don't agree with a 1:1 trade for a cb gold/silver or 2nd or 3rd gen prizes  unsure.gif I am probably wrong though

Depends on who you're trading with and if you're looking for a specific lineage. Last week 2nd gen owners could be very picky, now it's difficult to say anything for sure. Many people still ask for cb metals, other for swaps and just plain offers. An example - last week I got cb metal offers for 2nd gen avatar within two hours, yesterday I had almost none offers (of any kind) for a 3rd gen stairstep one. I'd say cb copper is enough, some would say it's too much unsure.gif

Edited by irercha

I predict the same. A lot of people are seriously overpricing their avatars but I suspect it will go down some shortly. After the new wears off, anything goes down in value, really.

Values don't always go down... Take the prize dragons for example. Tinsels have been around for 4 years, but you still don't see 2nd gen Tinsels going for even the amount it was going back then, heck, I'm pretty dang sure it inflated by at least 2 times as much.

But of course, maybe in the future these guys will suddenly be able to multi-clutch. Right now though, the amount of people joining and people wanting one is growing much much more than the chances of 2nd gen prizes deflating...

*cough* Legit question; how much is a Gold from a Gold x Mint pairing worth? Just, uh, curious since they seem to be hard to breed?

Thank Irercha - really appreciated smile.gif It is probably perspective - I traded a 3rd gen prize for 3 avatars last week and felt fair, but understood the trades with the cb metallics due to the excitement not all could have one immediately. It will be interesting to watch laugh.gif

Values don't always go down... Take the prize dragons for example. Tinsels have been around for 4 years, but you still don't see 2nd gen Tinsels going for even the amount it was going back then, heck, I'm pretty dang sure it inflated by at least 2 times as much.

But of course, maybe in the future these guys will suddenly be able to multi-clutch. Right now though, the amount of people joining and people wanting one is growing much much more than the chances of 2nd gen prizes deflating...

*cough* Legit question; how much is a Gold from a Gold x Mint pairing worth? Just, uh, curious since they seem to be hard to breed?

I see your point, 2nd Gen Tins or Shimmers are still very valuable. But while one year ago, people were throwing CB metals at 4th and higher Gens, nowadays there is still interest on 3rd Gens but nobody is crazy that much about them: I saw a few trading them for 2nd Gen Avatars that, with all the respect for the breeders, are hybrids that will not take months to become quite common. 4th Gen and higher Tins and Shimmers sit on the trades for quite a lot, you see the breeder offering the eggs and, afterwards, the hatchlings. Lately I've seen that happening quite often to the 3rd Gens as well.

On the Avatars subject, last week the breeders were asking for CB Metals and 2nd Gen prizes. This week a few, that didn't get the memo, still were. But the majority was quite more reasonable and was accepting one Copper (Brown included) or one Trio. I bet that next week they will be even more reasonable. And I'm not seeing a lot of interest on 3rd Gens Avatars.

How much is this worth? Its code is all lowercase letters.

all lowercase letters can be quite common, and it wouldn't go for that much (for those that don't collect it) since it's a bit messy.

What's a 2nd gen red egg/hatchling worth?

And what about CB red, pink, purple?

I'm new so I don't know a huge deal about the values yet..

I tend to pay more for red hachys than most. Sometimes a nebula, fourth gen metal, things like that.

I didn't realise red hatchies were that valuable!

Sounds like I'll be catching some more of those in the cave then biggrin.gif

I traded for one a couple of weeks ago, if my memory doesn't fail me, I got it shortly after the May release for 2 gendered pairs of the new hatchies.

What's a 2nd gen red egg/hatchling worth?

And what about CB red, pink, purple?

I'm new so I don't know a huge deal about the values yet..

As eggs they're worth nearly nothing, but as hatchies you can trade them for nice things, especially red and pink hatchies and when you bundle them. Pink hatchies are worth more to some people as gendered hatchies, others don't care because they simply want to increase their army. It doesn't matter much whether they are cb or 2nd gen in my opinion.

I'm sure you can get anything from lineaged regular metallics and trios to a 4th gen prize. I've traded some of my 2nd-3rd gen golds and silvers for multiple cb random hatchies, and red and pink hatchies are even valued higher than random cb hatchies by a lot of people.

Don't put them up for trade yourself and wait for offers though, I think that's the wrong approach. Offer them on other people's trading links instead. Especially when they are not sure what they want and simply ask for "offers", or when the trade has been bumped already, multiple red/pink hatchies is often going to be the best offer they get.

Would this egg be worth an Avatar?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/od6kN

If not, would an egg like this be worth one?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Fx4YI

I'm able to breed these, and my silvers seem pretty willing to be giving out eggs. Is separately they're not worth one, then could they be worth one put together?

If they're not worth avatars at all, how many 2nd gen soulpeaces could I get for them? ohmy.gif

Thank you!

Edited by wingedwarrior_21

Have a question about Avatars but it can be applied to other dragon breeds as well.

I have a 2G Avatar of Change from male GoN x Nhiostrife Wyvern. I hope my second male GoN will give me the perfect mate for it once he grows up so I can create a nice 3EG PB lineage He gave me the perfect mate biggrin.gif

I suppose it will be hard to get a perfect bloodswap for the 3rd gen, so I would like to put a trade which says "3G bloodswap or 2x 2G Avatars from male Guardians of Nature x female Nhios or other breeds but same mates at least". (=> Is it understandable when I write it like this? What I mean is for example 2x 2G Avatar of Destruction from two male Guardians x two female Hellfire Wyverns)

But then again, there might be nobody who has two male GoN after all. Anyway.

My way of thinking is that if I cannot get a 3rd-gen, I can use two 2nd-gens to build a 3rd-gen. Fair or not?

(And I really have to say, I am horrified that people offer - in my opinion - rather ugly non-2nd-gen Avatars but want to have nice offers for them)

Edited by Mondat

Unlikely you would even get one second gen, its best to breed your CB again and trade for the line you want.

I think chances of a player having two male GON and both of them producing the needed eggs would be incredibly slim (unless you're willing to do an IOU and maybe be prepared to wait a while on delivery.) Several months from now, after people have had some success summoning a third GON, that scenario might be a little more likely, maybe.

Other breeds, I can see it....

I think chances of a player having two male GON and both of them producing the needed eggs would be incredibly slim (unless you're willing to do an IOU and maybe be prepared to wait a while on delivery.) Several months from now, after people have had some success summoning a third GON, that scenario might be a little more likely, maybe.

Other breeds, I can see it....

So with other breeds it would be somewhat fair, you think?

Yeah, maybe it is too early with Avatar lineages, I was expecting it. Breeding my caveborns every time to do a swap will be a pain in the ass but until the situation changes I guess I have to do it.

So, I have a CB Gold and I was wondering what could I possibly get from it if I decide to trade it?

So, I have a CB Gold and I was wondering what could I possibly get from it if I decide to trade it?

Either save it for a 2g prize if possible (unlikely) or trade it for a ND or a 2g Holly. Not worth trading them unless you can get them regularly with trading fodder.

Edited by DarkEternity