Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I usually freeze messy stuff to keep it from breeding, or if I am locked and can't gift to a friend ill freeze other stuff. But I also asked for any red and thats NEVER too much. Or shouldn't be.

@Ha-Ki: Not all freeze fodder = messy. :s I don't like to freeze unless they're CB and if they are messy I prefer them to be zombies/negs/vamps if I were to freeze (exception being prizes for obvious reasons). I did freeze messies before, but only to help for trophy level xd.png And yes, I do freeze CB Rares like trios/coppers. :3

Sure personal preferences vary, but if someone calls it "freeze fodder" then messy hatchie is what comes to my mind - otherwise I would expect them to write "cb hatchie" in their want list smile.gif

Anyway, I didn't want to start a debate about freezing habits, I just wanted to explain why it can be so hard to get offers when you ask for "messy hatchies" wink.gif

If I may ask again: Anyone know what would be fair trade for an Alpine Nebula? :S

So, what doy you think an avatar from a male silver would cost me? I have a male fail that needs a mate xd.png

As soon as my GoN will be ready to breed again I'll try to bloodswap 2nd gen Avatars.

I think avatar - swaps will be the most common trades because people will be looking for mates for the avatars they already have.

So you may try to offer to breed a 2nd gen avatar with a mate of choice for a 2nd gen avatar from silver

Okay, I have a CB Golden Wyvern and this alt Vine http://dragcave.net/lineage/x9YKh . What offers can I expect? Is it reasonable to ask for a messy Avatar egg of any type for these two?

V thank you Saynna. I'll give it a shot :3

Edited by Light Concorde

As soon as my GoN will be ready to breed again I'll try to bloodswap 2nd gen Avatars.

I think avatar - swaps will be the most common trades because people will be looking for mates for the avatars they already have.

So you may try to offer to breed a 2nd gen avatar with a mate of choice for a 2nd gen avatar from silver

But there are fails, and refusals.

Anyway, I didn't want to start a debate about freezing habits, I just wanted to explain why it can be so hard to get offers when you ask for "messy hatchies" wink.gif

Wasn't trying to debate either, was just giving out personal input. smile.gif

@11th: When trading for things that aren't rare, ironically to get somewhere you'd have to offer a rare as an incentive to get that uncommon. They're not hard to get from Alpine if you hunt there often enough. :3 I'd say a CB Trio would net you 3-4 CB Nebula Hatchies. For "1" people usually just swap them for 1:1 trades as far as I know tongue.gif

@Light Concorde: It should be fair, but what people keep asking for them isn't fair and I don't think it's truly reflecting their value in the trade market. So you'll have a hard time getting offered.

@DragonessDown: I think you're better off just finding someone that's going to be looking for 2g avatars to swap. It works better if both of you haven't bred their 2g avatars that way you know what they're expecting and they know what you're expecting. Say if I had a GoN and I wanted a GoN x Ember (let's just ignore genders). You want a GoN x Silver you just offer up the GoN x Ember and I can offer up the GoN x Silver. We'd have to do an IOU just incase of fails/refusals :3

@DragonessDown: I think you're better off just finding someone that's going to be looking for 2g avatars to swap. It works better if both of you haven't bred their 2g avatars that way you know what they're expecting and they know what you're expecting. Say if I had a GoN and I wanted a GoN x Ember (let's just ignore genders). You want a GoN x Silver you just offer up the GoN x Ember and I can offer up the GoN x Silver. We'd have to do an IOU just incase of fails/refusals :3

But I want it NOW. Yes I know I sound like a child. I just offered a CB spring, GW, red, tan RW, four random hachys, and one of my silver babys and got TURNED DOWN.

This censorkip.gif sucks.

I have a CB Blusang, and I'm wanting a CB Green Copper. I'm guessing Blusangs are still worth slightly less than the latter, so does anyone have any ideas what else I could tack on to make it worthwhile? Right now it's paired up with a 4g Gold Tinsel, but it's from a fairly common line, so it might not be worth as much as some others.

I was just wondering, what would a 3rd Gen Stair/Spiral Gold with GW mate be worth? What gen prizes can it get? Can it get a 2nd gen silver?

Are CB Trios about even in terms of trade value? I can only seem to be able to catch Ices, and haven't even been able to trade for a Magma. How likely am I to get offered a CB Magma for a CB Ice?

I was just wondering, what would a 3rd Gen Stair/Spiral Gold with GW mate be worth? What gen prizes can it get? Can it get a 2nd gen silver?

Actually it's not worth much. If you can make it a checker (just breed your second gen gold with a second gen gw from gold) you can get a 2nd gen silver or other nice things, but a spiral/stairstep gold is not worth more than one or two random hatchlings.

Edited by dhorne

I have a CB Blusang, and I'm wanting a CB Green Copper. I'm guessing Blusangs are still worth slightly less than the latter, so does anyone have any ideas what else I could tack on to make it worthwhile? Right now it's paired up with a 4g Gold Tinsel, but it's from a fairly common line, so it might not be worth as much as some others.

you don't want to trade for green coppers with other dragons than real rares. smile.gif

they are currently almost on par rarity with cb silvers, so much so that some people still swap them 1:1

Spiral metallics tend to be worth less in value than checkers :3

Getting a 2g Silver is going to be hard for it, but as far as prizes, it depends on what a person would be willing to offer for it. It's just one of those "What are you willing to pay?" kind of values.

^ this answer was for the worth of blue opals- are greens the same? (If I were to trade them, I might consider bundling it with a high gen silver or shimmer.....or I might gift it if not worth the trouble)

Greens are still common I believe. They used to be worth CB Metals but not at all now and I find them rated under CB Nebula/CB Black. Also trading it with a high gen silver and shimmer is going to worsen your chances than actual help as someone might just want the silver and not the others since all three are pretty undesirable. Unless a newbie comes along and wants the silver badly. :3

Are CB Trios about even in terms of trade value? I can only seem to be able to catch Ices, and haven't even been able to trade for a Magma. How likely am I to get offered a CB Magma for a CB Ice?

Yes they are even. You'll only get offered a CB Magma by someone who frequently hunts in Volcano and not so much in Alpine, imo. Or because of the new release it would be to even out their ratios.

I'd try adding an avatar. Last week I've more than one person offering cb green copper for my 2nd gen, I believe that now the price is lower, but still it can be worth a shot.

On the other hand, now I've problems trading away 3rd gen (and I'm not asking anything special), so maybe the decline is greater than I suppose ;/

What would be the best thing for me to breed my GoN to as trade fodder. I have most CBs but copper, silver and golds.

I still didn't jump on the avatars trading market for a couple of reasons. First of all, because I hope that friends' GoNs and my two will behave tonight (it is tonight that we can breed them again unless I'm calendar-challenged) and breed us some 2nd gens to trade between ourselves. Second reason, because I'm betting that, since many will be retrying breeding and many were able to get trios and Summon, the value of the avatars will go down significantly. Am I getting this wrong? Predictions?

Edit: I was typing without seeing the immediate previous posts, so I wasn't responding to them.

Edited by _Sin_

@11th: When trading for things that aren't rare, ironically to get somewhere you'd have to offer a rare as an incentive to get that uncommon. They're not hard to get from Alpine if you hunt there often enough. :3 I'd say a CB Trio would net you 3-4 CB Nebula Hatchies. For "1" people usually just swap them for 1:1 trades as far as I know tongue.gif

If you're right then I just have the worst luck ever, because I've been Alpine hunting for over a month without seeing a single Nebula.

Right now I have a Blusang up for one, 1:1, so hopefully someone might come out of the woodwork with an egg. Unfortunately, I'll probably just end up getting more Desert or bred Neb offers. x-x

If you're right then I just have the worst luck ever, because I've been Alpine hunting for over a month without seeing a single Nebula.

Right now I have a Blusang up for one, 1:1, so hopefully someone might come out of the woodwork with an egg. Unfortunately, I'll probably just end up getting more Desert or bred Neb offers. x-x

I have 18 CB Nebulas. 17 are from the Desert, only one from the Alpine. I rarely see them in the Alpine, but they seem fairly common in the Desert.

Do you think the originating Biome information will start making a difference for some trade values?

I have 18 CB Nebulas. 17 are from the Desert, only one from the Alpine. I rarely see them in the Alpine, but they seem fairly common in the Desert.

Do you think the originating Biome information will start making a difference for some trade values?

No, I don't think it will, but it's important to users who want to use female Nebulas in Copper lineages. I'm making one myself, and I want to have all of the CBs on my scroll to name them properly, so that's why I'm willing to trade this much for a single Nebula.

Edited by 11th

I still didn't jump on the avatars trading market for a couple of reasons. First of all, because I hope that friends' GoNs and my two will behave tonight (it is tonight that we can breed them again unless I'm calendar-challenged) and breed us some 2nd gens to trade between ourselves. Second reason, because I'm betting that, since many will be retrying breeding and many were able to get trios and Summon, the value of the avatars will go down significantly. Am I getting this wrong? Predictions?

Edit: I was typing without seeing the immediate previous posts, so I wasn't responding to them.

I predict the same. A lot of people are seriously overpricing their avatars but I suspect it will go down some shortly. After the new wears off, anything goes down in value, really.

What would be the best thing for me to breed my GoN to as trade fodder. I have most CBs but copper, silver and golds.

I think you're a bit late on trading 2g Avatars for CB metals. I don't see them going for CB metal offers anymore.

@dragongrrl: I don't think it will affect for the /general/ trader. It will only for specific reasons will it increase for certain people because of either scroll goals or lineage goals. :3

You misunderstood me, I am not trading for metals, I just wanted to know the most valued pairing right now that I can produce.

I think you're a bit late on trading 2g Avatars for CB metals. I don't see them going for CB metal offers anymore.

There are still quite a few trades out there asking for CB metals or 2nd Gen Shimmers for a 2nd Gen avatar, even for a 3rd Gen :-) But this afternoon, I noticed a couple of trading requests that were quite more reasonable.

@Dragonessdown: if I may, I would suggest uncommon mates but not Rares, Valentines, Christmas etc. People could want to create lineages and not everybody has been here forever or is able to catch CB Golds :-) Maybe you could start a poll for favorite combinations?

Edited by _Sin_

There are still quite a few trades out there asking for CB metals or 2nd Gen Shimmers for a 2nd Gen avatar, even for a 3rd Gen :-) But this afternoon, I noticed a couple of trading requests that were quite more reasonable.

@Dragonessdown: if I may, I would suggest uncommon mates but not Rares, Valentines, Christmas etc. People could want to create lineages and not everybody has been here forever or is able to catch CB Golds :-) Maybe you could start a poll for favorite combinations?

Wonderful Idea, I may do that.... Or just do GW again.