Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So, what doy you think an avatar from a male silver would cost me? I have a male fail that needs a mate xd.png

So, what doy you think an avatar from a male silver would cost me? I have a male fail that needs a mate xd.png

-shrug- I think you're better off waiting it off since I don't think you're willing to pay a CB Silver/Gold for an avatar because it seems like people are still only asking for a CB Metal or a very low gen prize dragon. I saw a trader asking for a 2g Gold Shimmer for each avatar she has up for trader. ._.

So yeah you're just better off waiting, as I said, deflation seems to be coming in hard.

-shrug- I think you're better off waiting it off since I don't think you're willing to pay a CB Silver/Gold for an avatar because it seems like people are still only asking for a CB Metal or a very low gen prize dragon. I saw a trader asking for a 2g Gold Shimmer for each avatar she has up for trader. ._.

So yeah you're just better off waiting, as I said, deflation seems to be coming in hard.

Hah, deflation is right. I just took a tiny advantage of it to get me some second gen silvers, but I do have a third gen tin to offer.

Hah, deflation is right. I just took a tiny advantage of it to get me some second gen silvers, but I do have a third gen tin to offer.

Yeah you could use that to your advantage. It's always good to take advantage of these situations to yours lol. Good luck! xd.png

Yeah you could use that to your advantage. It's always good to take advantage of these situations to yours lol. Good luck! xd.png

Thank you, I need it. I still cant believe your a newer member, you know too much! xd.png

Thank you, I need it. I still cant believe your a newer member, you know too much! xd.png

Some people just go down onto a new game very hard. biggrin.gif

1500 dragons a year, extensive trades, whatever... it happens smile.gif

as for anyone paying CB metals for anything else besides low-gen prizes: I pity them. Either they are using a lot of time hunting for something that's pretty common to acquire in half a year to a year, or they are cheaters in the first place. no one catches metals "easily" to just throw away for everything they want.

Edited by whitebaron

as for anyone paying CB metals for anything else besides low-gen prizes: I pity them. Either they are using a lot of time hunting for something that's pretty common to acquire in half a year to a year, or they are cheaters in the first place. no one catches metals "easily" to just throw away for everything they want.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but why exactly do you pity them? If they're paying cb metals for something, that means that it's worth a cb metal for them - that's just their preference smile.gif Personally I wouldn't pay even a 2nd gen metal for a low gen prize, because I simply don't need them (well, maybe to trade them away for something more useful for me), but I'd pay that much for some rare pretty lineaged dragons I can use in my projects. (I'm not talking about cb metals here, because they're worth too much for me to trade them for anything, but if I'm willing pay a high price for something it's usually not a prize dragon wink.gif )

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but why exactly do you pity them? If they're paying cb metals for something, that means that it's worth a cb metal for them - that's just their preference smile.gif Personally I wouldn't pay even a 2nd gen metal for a low gen prize, because I simply don't need them (well, maybe to trade them away for something more useful for me), but I'd pay that much for some rare pretty lineaged dragons I can use in my projects. (I'm not talking about cb metals here, because they're worth too much for me to trade them for anything, but if I'm willing pay a high price for something it's usually not a prize dragon wink.gif )

I think he was more-so talking about the absurd going prices for the avatars that they were getting for... Idk, 12 hours? blink.gif I went to sleep a bit after the event was announced and then had school tongue.gif But still stalking some and most of them are just sitting.... Which is good for most of the players that don't have an adult GoN. xd.png

"no one catches metals "easily" to just throw away for everything they want."

^This mostly persuaded my way of thinking he was talking more-so about Avatars (since they are currently breeding well now they probably will be for quite some time) and stuff that are easily obtainable like 2g Trios, messy commons, etc... Note I put in messy commons for a reason.

That was just my interpretation of what he meant, anyways. :3

This is a bit of an odd question, I suppose, but what kinds of offers do you guys think would be enough to bring in an Alpine/Mountain Nebula egg? I need two more (not counting possible miscolors) for a Nebula/Copper lineage, but I haven't seen any in the cave for some time, and until the recent update I couldn't trust trades.

Even for 3rd Gen prizes, I would not "waste" a CB metal, let's forget for an hybrid. Maybe it is effortless for someone to catch metals but, for normal players, even with fast connections and good reflexes, means to spend hours and hours glued to a chair with eyes glued to the screen and carpal tunnel risk.

Okay @the replies, bummed about that, will continue my elusive search!

Well, still on my search. Guy wants a third gen tin for the needed avatar.

The problem with trading for Avatars is the fact that the 2g population aren't going to be growing for a loooooonnng time depending on how much GoNs have been bumped up in summoning rates. The requirement of Trios is already going to bump off a good deal of the non-trading population, considering how rare they'll be on the AP in comparison to trading threads.

A week might kill the value of anything > 2g but 2g itself might stick for a while.

The problem with trading for Avatars is the fact that the 2g population aren't going to be growing for a loooooonnng time depending on how much GoNs have been bumped up in summoning rates. The requirement of Trios is already going to bump off a good deal of the non-trading population, considering how rare they'll be on the AP in comparison to trading threads.

A week might kill the value of anything > 2g but 2g itself might stick for a while.

Well censorkip.gif I need it as a mate so I can breed them too xd.png

Where do blue opals sit at moment? Trying to help friend and likely I will hunt them, but where are they sitting currently as seem harder to get other times than others.

Where do blue opals sit at moment? Trying to help friend and likely I will hunt them, but where are they sitting currently as seem harder to get other times than others.

They're in the alpine wink.gif

They're in the alpine wink.gif

LOL I should have been clearer, I meant tradewise as in rare? laugh.gif Sorry I said it weirdly

luckely not everyone asks for the moon and stars xd.png

i traded a 2nd gen from gold, for 2 cb frostbite hatchies and 2 2nd gen red hatchies

if they ask for offers, i just offer what i have and keep my fingers crossed xd.pnglaugh.gif

They're not really craved by the trading population or valued highly. I say for rarity wise for appearing in cave I'd rank it under a CB Ice, but over a CB Gold Wyvern. I think if you catch something nicely like a CB Tan Ridgewing/Red Dorsal it may bring an incentive for someone to hunt one down and trade it to you. smile.gif

Good luck in your search! biggrin.gif

@Djengis: Yeah, luckily not everyone is so insane xd.png

What would I have to trade to get a set of messily-lineaged Trios? I'm considering trading 2G Avatars because what I really want are the GoNs.

What would I have to trade to get a set of messily-lineaged Trios? I'm considering trading 2G Avatars because what I really want are the GoNs.

Honestly, you could probably get 'em for free. There should be a number of trios coming up in the AP from where so many were breeding them and the gifting threads have been full of people giving them away.

edit: With so many having been bred lately there might not be a lot of forum members who have them available to breed so that could cut down on trade opportunities until next week.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thats odd, I have had trouble trading them for a few freezer fodder or mess red hachys

Thats odd, I have had trouble trading them for a few freezer fodder or mess red hachys

The problem with freeze fodder is another one - people simply don't have it at hand. In my experience it is much easier to get an offer of multiple random cb hatchies than an offer of a single messy hatchie from a freeze list you have.

People don't bother to hunt a specific egg in the AP, influence and incu-hatch it and risk having wasted time and BSA's just to find that by the time they have the hatchie ready to offer, you have already accepted another offer - and they have a messy hatchie they don't want.

If you ask for cb hatchies, most people will have a couple available anyway and it's no effort to try their luck and offer on your trade. Even if you ask for something they don't have at hand, it's something they will consider to simply keep if they AP-hunted and hatched it for a trade that didn't work out.

@Ashes the Second: You're better off stalking for the trios than you are trading, imo. So I agree with Rubyshoes here. That's where all my trios came (excluding the CBs) from and I currently have around half (I think) my scroll filled with thunders/magmas. When I tried trading 2-3g silver checkers for offers of trio hatchies I didn't get a single one... I did get an offer of 2 CB Trios eggs of Ice/Magma for a 2g Silver x Radiant Angel though. :3 Just stalk a bit on "Departures" and "Take an Egg - Leave an Egg"

If you try the second thread I highly suggest you try and gift something off your scroll without taking anything. Why? Because later if there is something you need from the thread you can just go ahead and take it saying where you left something for the thread already. It sorta helps if you're running short of space.

Other threads I suggest are threads like the "Even Gens" thread and "Spiral" threads. These are gifting threads too, but many don't often look to these for gifts. ^__^ So there could potentially be a couple trios sitting there.

You just have to be there at the right time, right place. smile.gif Good luck!

@Ha-Ki: Not all freeze fodder = messy. :s I don't like to freeze unless they're CB and if they are messy I prefer them to be zombies/negs/vamps if I were to freeze (exception being prizes for obvious reasons). I did freeze messies before, but only to help for trophy level xd.png And yes, I do freeze CB Rares like trios/coppers. :3