Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Can I trade a CB Green Copper for a CB Gold or Silver?

Probably not. They're rare, but not that rare. 2-3 might go for one, though smile.gif

Wasn't here for the shimmer/tinsel thing. I am curious about how trading for 2g of those worked if anyone has time for telling a story. >.>;

Just going to say this, I just feel there is something fishy about how easy people are getting CB Metal offers on their 2g avatars though =p Not going to continue that further.

Let people enjoy it while they can--considering how well they're breeding, they'll drop in value soon enough. xd.png

As far as 2g Prizes go, the golden rule is: ASK EARLY. After years of no luck at all, I was able to get on multiple lists this year by PMing people as soon as they had announced they'd won a prize. Asking early means 1) the lists aren't likely to be full yet and 2) people might be more open to easier trades, as they've not yet gotten everything they need. The ones I traded for involved a handful of CB Trios, a handful of messy lineaged Alt Blacks / Vines, a few CB Coppers + CB Blusangs, a bunch of low gen Spriter's Alt lines, and a couple dozen common hatchlings for freezing--very good trades, in my opinion! Just wait until next raffle and see if you can't find a few good trades then. biggrin.gif

A word of caution, though: as soon as someone announces they've won, chances are a ton of people are also PM'ing them with high hopes. Seeing as the winners are probably already stressed from that, you always want to be polite in your PMs, and you want to make sure they don't have "don't PM me about Prizes" listed in their sig or profile (in which case, of course, you don't PM them!). It's also best to give a list of what you can offer instead of just throwing out a single offer, as people's needs vary and you don't want to waste that precious first PM making an offer they might not care for!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

._. Is there any other way to get a 2nd gen Prize dragon besides PM every announcers, or without trading 9999 (exaggerating here) CB Golds/Silvers?

Yeah I know the AP might work, but the odds are nearly impossible.

._. Is there any other way to get a 2nd gen Prize dragon besides PM every announcers, or without trading 9999 (exaggerating here) CB Golds/Silvers?

Having 9999 CB Golds/Silvers is no guarantee to get a 2nd gen Prize either, just saying. But yes, it's possible to obtain a 2nd gen Prize for dragons of other types rather than CB Metals and the like. Some CB owners require items of a lesser rarity, depending on what they need.

The main problem about 2nd gen Prizes and their availability, as it seems to me, is the lack of open lists. There are people offering a ton of valuable things out there and CB owners not accepting that - not because the owners are greedy and want even more, but because their lists are already full and they don't feel comfortable and ready accepting even more requests, which is understandable.

I have CB Silver, if i want to trade it what is the best offer i would get? (Im not trading it, just asking)

I have CB Silver, if i want to trade it what is the best offer i would get? (Im not trading it, just asking)

Depends on what you want. Two CB coppers easy, some people will do it for a CB gold.

If you want a 2G Prize, you really have to PM people. When dozens of people are flocking to the owners hoping to trade, they're going to have very little incentive to go out and seek trades themselves, at least not with the average player. If you PM people early (like, shortly after they announce they won a prize) you should find a handful who are willing to trade for much lower prices (see the post I made before yours).

I wouldn't count on finding 2Gs in the AP. I think that happened all of once, and whoever got it didn't fog it so it died from excited people gawking at it. XP

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Is a second gen red Copper (Parents are both named, mother is a Copper, father was a Golden Wyvern.) worth a CB Blusang?

Is a second gen red Copper (Parents are both named, mother is a Copper, father was a Golden Wyvern.) worth a CB Blusang?

I would say no since I would not value it at an Unbreedable either. 2g coppers aren't wanted and the value lies in the CBs. I usually direct people who are looking for 2g coppers here to the "Departures" thread or the "Take an Egg - Leave an Egg" threads since they regularly give away 2g Coppers. :3

So I somehow managed to pick up a cb red copper, and it's been I while since I've been trading. I'd like a cb green copper, are they still worth much more than the red coppers?

So I somehow managed to pick up a cb red copper, and it's been I while since I've been trading. I'd like a cb green copper, are they still worth much more than the red coppers?

Imo, they will always be worth more than Red Coppers unless the only coppers that get super common are Greens :3 They're just worth more because many favor them over the other colors + the biomes in which they're located in most people do not hunt in.

I would say no since I would not value it at an Unbreedable either. 2g coppers aren't wanted and the value lies in the CBs. I usually direct people who are looking for 2g coppers here to the "Departures" thread or the "Take an Egg - Leave an Egg" threads since they regularly give away 2g Coppers. :3

Yo man, thanks for the response! I'm working on some Copper lineages right now, so I'm not too fussed that second gens aren't really considered particularly valuable.

I figured Blusangs might be worth less lately because I've been seeing them more and more often recently. Wondered if maybe they were getting a lil less rare.

Yo man, thanks for the response! I'm working on some Copper lineages right now, so I'm not too fussed that second gens aren't really considered particularly valuable.

I figured Blusangs might be worth less lately because I've been seeing them more and more often recently. Wondered if maybe they were getting a lil less rare.

Blusangs have indeed fallen in rarity a bit, but 2G Coppers just aren't particularly valuable. A CB Trio or two CB Tan Ridgewings would probably get you one, though.

Would one of the new GoN babies get me a CB Gold? It's the last dragon I need to complete my scroll and I've had no luck via trades and now I *may* have something valuable, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't count on finding 2Gs in the AP. I think that happened all of once, and whoever got it didn't fog it so it died from excited people gawking at it. XP

I think I know of 2 or 3 times it's happened tongue.gif. Still not great odds that you'll stumble across one by stalking the AP, though!

Ashes; I can't say for certain, but I for one wouldn't give that much for one. I think someone mentioned one going for a CB Silver, but I'm not sure, and I doubt that's the going rate for one. You could try your luck and try to sweeten the deal on your end slightly I suppose, or maybe someone who knows a bit more about what these things are worth can advise. c:

Edited by TheGrox

Would one of the new GoN babies get me a CB Gold? It's the last dragon I need to complete my scroll and I've had no luck via trades and now I *may* have something valuable, but I'm not sure.

A few people have (shockingly, IMO) gotten such trades. Those people have since made everyone else try to demand the same thing, though, so I don't think you'll have such luck now. Maybe if you offer all three...

unlikely. while there are some people out there who throw cb metals at everything new they want, this is not the normal way things go. after every release, there are many people who try to get cb golds or silvers for this new release.

did it ever occur to them, that they are not the only ones offering? biggrin.gif

How much are CB coppers worth? What would be a reasonable trade? I'm seeking a red and a green for a lineage project and unsure how to go about getting them.

I was keeping up-to-date with the "Avatar" thread and yes, already a couple have reported of APing them to the AP and I saw two saying they'll start lists for free. :3 I believe I'm going to have to change my prediction of the avatar eggs' value decreasing down to a week. laugh.gif Strangely they were only getting CB metal offers near the start of the event, but after stalking a few trades, these are sitting most of the time. :3 Now it's flipped to the people who are offering 3g/CB metal. They can be way more picky now on how they want their 2g avatar.

@ADP: After rereading the last couple of pages, I noticed you were giving advice on how to get onto 2g Prize lists. I'm not asking for how to get on them, (already got several 2g's so I know how and when), I'm asking more specifically the story when the first prizes came out. Did people start paying CB metals right off the bat or was it later on when people really wanted a prize dragon offspring that they started to get into the norm of paying CB metals? That's more specifically what I'm asking, not how to get on so and so list for a 2g prize. That's why I had the: "Wasn't here for the shimmer/tinsel thing." Because I just don't know what people offered persay the first couple of weeks for a 2g prize offspring/when it escalated to CB Metals. :3

@Ashes: You can try but your odds are unlikely, imo. As I said earlier, stalked a couple and it seems they sit a lot longer so that indicates to me a trade deflation. xP There was even one that was offering a 2g Avatar with quite a bit of extra stuff to get 1 CB Gold, but as far as I know they haven't gotten an offer.

@Lurhstaap: Generally, 4g prizes, CB metal (will get you at least two coppers), 3-4 CB Blusangs, 3g metal checkers (PB, Silver x Gold will probably not get you one). I'm curious now. You only need 1 CB Red/1 CB Green Copper for your "lineage project"? That sounds like it'll be a small project then o.o Perhaps you meant scroll completion? I advise you try going for 2g-3g coppers rather than the CBs if you're going for long lineages.

Btw, no one said this yet I believe, (I might have, but not sure) but I am expecting CB Trios to raise in prices a bit. Maybe not worth more than a CB Blusang (probably match it more), but expect sweetening up deals for these, imo. ._.

Oh sorry Saynna, thought you were a newer player (clearly wasn't looking hard X'D). I didn't get into the prize game hard until later, so I'm not sure.

@Drako: I regularly see people asking for a lot for them, but I'm not sure if they're getting those things. A few players have come in here giving advice on how to request / catch them for low prices or free.

Are 2G Prizefails still worth a lot? If so, exactly how much are we talking?

They were never worth a lot in the first place. Here's a short post of mine about the values.

Oh sorry Saynna, thought you were a newer player (clearly wasn't looking hard X'D). I didn't get into the prize game hard until later, so I'm not sure.

@Drako: I regularly see people asking for a lot for them, but I'm not sure if they're getting those things. A few players have come in here giving advice on how to request / catch them for low prices or free.

Oh I am, I haven't even played for a year... laugh.gif I will soon though, hoping to get that forum title by then! biggrin.gif I'm jealous :x I thought at first you edited it into response to Car xd.png