Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I was wondering if cb Bloodscales are worth anything. I heard somewhere that they're valuable right now, but I'm not sure.

They were worth something during the opal release since people were trying to get Bloodscales to mate with their Opals. If there is a new release of two-headeds again then you will see Bloodscales jumping up there as well. I believe people will do the same for things like drakes and pygmies :3

For those who have experience trading 3G Prizes, about how often can you get Neglecteds for them? How many can you get? Does the type of line (stair versus checker, tinsel versus shimmer, rarity of the line) matter a lot?

breed for me, and i'll make sure you get your neglected. biggrin.gif

on a more realistic note:

you can get 1-2 cb metals out of every 3g prize, and you can get a neglected 1:1 for a CB gold, sometimes even for a CB silver.

so it depends on how you set up your trades, honestly I'd just go the IOU route, saying next offspring after neglected delivery....

Ericas point on the trading timewindow is valid, though some neglecteds DO have 5-6 days in them, depending on how they got made.

How much do you think is a 2nd gen tinselkin (from a 2014 line) worth?

I happened to find one in the AP, and since I don't collect prizekin I was hoping to trade it for something I'm not able to breed, like a 3rd gen prize or a cb metallic.

But I have never traded a 2nd gen prizekin before, so I don't know if I'm asking too much. If so, what could I add from my part to make the trade fair?

How much do you think is a 2nd gen tinselkin (from a 2014 line) worth?

I happened to find one in the AP, and since I don't collect prizekin I was hoping to trade it for something I'm not able to breed, like a 3rd gen prize or a cb metallic.

But I have never traded a 2nd gen prizekin before, so I don't know if I'm asking too much. If so, what could I add from my part to make the trade fair?

Well most of us here feel that they shouldn't be worth CB Metals, but people do trade them off for CB metals and are successful. A sudden point was made that people are trying to ask for nice things from 3g prizefails which is a bit concerning.

So if you really want you can ask for a CB Gold/Silver. And if you can get that then I wouldn't doubt you can't get a 3g prize offer.

Okay, so people might well disagree with me here, but I do have somewhere over 70 2nd gen Tinselkin and Shimmerkin now, so I should kinda know what I'm talking about... I think Erica would back me up too.

I'm not sure why people seem to think they're worth so much, in all honesty. A lot of mine were given to me free, or picked up from the AP by myself (which doesn't require much effort, either). Of the ones I did trade for, I usually only gave some hatchies, nice lineages, maybe bred metals, for example. I have never once paid anywhere near a CB Metal or 3rd gen Tinsel for one.

I already have one from the very same Tinsel yours is from, given to me for free. You just have to know where to look and who to ask...

Maybe some people would be willing to give that much for one, I'm not sure. But good luck with finding a nice trade either way. smile.gif

people do trade them off for CB metals and are successful.

I know people try to ask for this sort of thing, but are you sure anyone has actually ever got an offer like that? I'm quite curious.

Edited by TheGrox

I believe most here would agree with you (including I), but it has been consistent here that when someone does trade one off for some sort of CB metal they literately get multiple offers, which is crazy. blink.gif

EDIT: Since I saw your edit, why yes. I will use Evolette as an example and Erica remembers as well. She came here asking the same as Iside and I told her no it was not worth a CB Metal because as you said, most get them for free from owners. It sparked and the thread about "Trading, killing, abandoning gifts?" (something like that xd.png) came about because of that discussion. She's not the only here that asked that and got multiple offers. Another instance is another prize owner that tried to trade off a 2g prizefail and asked for "nice offers" not specifically asking for CB Metals. I had made an offer of a CB Blusang since I was going to make an inbred checker (since my 2g shimmerfail refused my 2g shimmer -.-) but she refused and when I asked what she got out of curiosity, she said she got multiple offers of CB Silvers from different people.

Edited by Saynna

Yes, some of us trade for 3g prizekin because we like to breed and toss the eggs to the AP.

Those offspring are pretty to look at but they don't make good trade fodder. Personally I don't (and I think most other 3g collectors) pay high prices for them. If I trade for them I usually do a swap for a similar lineage, some bsa hatchies, or a pretty lineage or two. Most of mine are AP finds or gifts from people who know I collect.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xhZcI

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VVSiQ

Edited by Tawanda001

Well I'm not sure if much really do trade for 3g prizefails much, I just meant that people try trading off 3g prizefails for something like a CB Red Dorsal (and if memory serves right someone wanted a CB Blusang) but I'm curious myself what 3g prizefails can fetch someone tongue.gif Afterall if I don't think 2g prizefails should be worth anywhere near a CB Metal than hopefully you should know how close I feel about 3g prizefails xd.png

If any reference I give 3G prizefail for free or mostly AP but one I did trade was a 3G silver from silver x silver shimmer pairing. All I asked though was bsa any lineaged hatchies and the person was kind enough to give 4 (from memory bit addled). I normally do not trade but shinies tend to find good homes for.

I gift my 3g-5g fails as well and did yesterday, but I think I'm going to experiment a little and see what someone offers. o_o

I gift my 3g-5g fails as well and did yesterday, but I think I'm going to experiment a little and see what someone offers. o_o

Would be interesting to know for sure and as a reference (p.s if anyone likes red dorsal one was AP'd today from bronze shimmerkin - no one seemed interested at time in departures).

I'd be interested in seeing what you are offered, as opposed to some of what I have seen asked. I've had a few offers I've made turned down, so I suppose there might be a growing interest in the 3g?

@Grox- I haven't seen a 2g in the AP in ages. It seems like a lot of them are being swapped between CB prize owners and those that aren't seem to find their way onto the same handful of scrolls for the most part. I used to be able to trade for them occasionally, but lately even that seems to be harder and harder to do. Just curious but what has your experience been with 2g trading or AP finds been like lately?

(Maybe I'm just not online at the right time for such lucky finds?) unsure.gif

There are some people, who pay cb metals for 2g prizekin. that's for sure. i, myself, helped a prize owner to sell 2 2gs for a gold each. you just need to know who to ask.

the reason why they pay that price? no clue. but sometimes its easier to pay cb metals than find or get specific needs/mates.

take me for example: i need plenty of 2g specific metals. so when i ask for them for 4g prizes, i tend to get cb metallic offers just because its very much easier than getting a metal out of a crimson or blue nebs. biggrin.gif

Okay, so people might well disagree with me here, but I do have somewhere over 70 2nd gen Tinselkin and Shimmerkin now, so I should kinda know what I'm talking about... I think Erica would back me up too.

I'm not sure why people seem to think they're worth so much, in all honesty. A lot of mine were given to me free, or picked up from the AP by myself (which doesn't require much effort, either). Of the ones I did trade for, I usually only gave some hatchies, nice lineages, maybe bred metals, for example. I have never once paid anywhere near a CB Metal or 3rd gen Tinsel for one.

I already have one from the very same Tinsel yours is from, given to me for free. You just have to know where to look and who to ask...

Maybe some people would be willing to give that much for one, I'm not sure. But good luck with finding a nice trade either way. smile.gif

I know people try to ask for this sort of thing, but are you sure anyone has actually ever got an offer like that? I'm quite curious.

I'd've backed this up quicker but I thought you died again, Groxy.

But yeah. They're easy to get and are not worth CB metals/3G Prizes. Please, please, please don't inflate the prices more than they already are .-.

I'd've backed this up quicker but I thought you died again, Groxy.

But yeah. They're easy to get and are not worth CB metals/3G Prizes. Please, please, please don't inflate the prices more than they already are .-.

Would... would an unbreedable and an uncommon/rare egg/hatchling mix be worth a 2nd gen Prize-kin?

Would... would an unbreedable and an uncommon/rare egg/hatchling mix be worth a 2nd gen Prize-kin?

Yes. I think I've said here before that the most they're worth is a CB Copper (possibly more if it's a holiday or something special), so I'd say what you're offering/your potential offer would be pretty fair ^^

(Maybe I'm just not online at the right time for such lucky finds?) unsure.gif

Oh, looks like I missed this. For Grox and me anyways, they're not lucky finds (well, I've happened upon two by accident, but those are the two exceptions), we figure out the times the prizefails hit the AP and wait for them to show up so we can grab them c:

Edited by Erica8798

So I caught a paper, and I want to trade it for a CB Blusang. Would that be too much to ask for? I'm just not exactly sure where unbreedables stand in DC.

Ah, thank ya pup. A new member wants it, I cant give everything away, but i want to be reasonabl with her xd.png

I have 2nd gen pb gold to trade away. Any ideas what can I expect in terms of other metals or cb hatchies? traded smile.gif Edited by irercha

@Utsuhi: Yeah that's stretching it a bit, but if you can add a couple nicely lineaged BSAs that may do the trick. Unbreedables aren't very wanted and usually appeal to newbies on DC. Not saying people that already have their unbreedables completed don't want anymore, it's just generally people who have complete unbreed set do not want them anymore.

@Dragoness: It could get you a CB Blusang, but not a CB Copper and definitely not a CB Silver or CB Gold.