wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

i wrote "looking for cb xeno" in my trade when i meant cb cantor 😑

Edited by digitalthunder

On 5/20/2021 at 9:15 PM, MeHasToe said:

I went on hiatus after Christmas and missed Valentines, which would have been my first...and Radiant Angel is one of my favorite sprites.

And I missed the Halloween when Kohraki was released. I still have none 😕

Tried breeding a Sunsong and a Sunrise when I unaware that I was scroll-locked. Didn't get a Risensong, but I did drop a star in the AP. :(

I hope whoever finds it truly appreciates it. ❤️

I used EQ for a second time to get the S2 green hatchie I need, egg survived & hatched. My notes said I needed S1 so I froze it. Now I have 2 S1 and 0 S2. 😔

Bought a Sapphire egg to create my 4th yellow Sapphire, incu'd it and dropped it in the hatcheries and then forgot to go back and hide it until this morning.😳

It died 😢

Edited by foreverlokied224

Messed up my cantormaris plans because I was tired. 😿 It took me so long to find some CB eggs so even one "lost chance" to get another Motus feels super bad. And of course I hadn't warded the egg that hatched accidentally so no new tutelas (my favourite variant) either. Ah!

I forgot to hide my blue sapphire and now I have three male yellow sapphires.

Accepted an egg on my trade, verified it was cb, didn't check its view page, went to bed and woke up to a dead egg 😅 whoopsie daisy. 

i forgot i was egglocked and bred a pair of florets and bred a magenta egg but it was auto abandoned 

holy hell i must still be asleep

Forgot to precog and/or influence my latest alt-Nilias, I now have 3 females and 0 males. 

3 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Bred two CB Sapphires when I was locked and auto'd eggs don't alt

On the bright side, someone might be happy to find a blue one, so they can turn it yellow? 

thought i'd be okay not naming my dragons for a while (when i usually name all of them when theyre hatchings, or shortly after theyre adults if im behind)

lost track of time.... 300+ unnamed adults, when usually i have less than 50 (project dragons/other) 

Looks like my idea of getting my new Prize dragon the most views of any dragon on my scroll kinda backfired, I've had 4 sick hatchlings today and others are racking up views, ended up fogging everything but the prize. Guess I should've *only* added the Prize dragon to all those hatcheries instead of just dumping my whole scroll in most of them, oops. 

@lexi_ Oh man, good luck with the naming! I've perpetually had 300-ish unnameds for well over a year, I go on naming sprees but there are always new dragons growing...

@lexi_ I lost track of time. Like four or five years. When I sat down to name I think I had 4000 to name… 🤦🏼‍♀️  
good luck! 🍀 

i was kinda meh with naming my dragons.  i "came back" from a twilight - not really a hiatus, sometime in the spring/summer of 2019, and i had about 800 dragons or so at that time, and only a little less than half were named.  in retrospect, i should have kept track when i named my dragons.  now i make it a point to name it on my spreadsheet so i can name it immediately if influenced or precogged, or when it genders if i haven't. but even then, i have two names picked out so i can name it after it genders.  and i move adults into their spot on my scroll almost as soon as they grow up, too.  i know if i don't name and move, i'll get lazy, and they'll all pile up at the top of my scroll again!

oh, and i group them as soon as they appear on my scroll, too!

I managed to catch a Electric hatchie from the AP. I didn’t have any Bolt to stun it so I abandoned it again… didn’t think to just ask in the forum if somebody could stun it for me. 

Most of my derp moments are 'clicked on an egg I didn't want while thinking about checking a different biome and locking myself for 5 hours' but my most recent one-off was breeding my pair of pink sapphires intending on making it pink, forgetting I have just accepted a trade from someone that egg locked me, and the blue egg that resulted got auto'd 😑

*sigh*

I use groups. Too much.

I had 2 groups for checkered normal dragons. I don't know why, but I did.

I decided to put them all in 1 group, and rather than change the group for the 2300 in the smaller group, I deleted the smaller group, figuring that everything that was now ungrouped would be checkers. They are.

Unfortunately, a lot of my dragons were in more than 1 group, like my 1900 Black dragons, so I need to delete that group to figure out what is checker, as they are either messy, caveborn, pure bred or checker. No problem with that.

Same thing with my Undines, Stripes, Dark Green, Deep Seas, Zyus and Blacktips. Again, a bit of a pain, but not a big problem.

Then, it will be my Holiday dragons. I have "Breed at Christmas" and "Breed at Easter" which are all checkers, so I will have to check them all individually to make sure that they are in the checker category. My "Breed at Halloween" may be checker or purebred, so again, that is going to take a while.

After I get thru with those, I can then check the Christmas, prize and prizekins, Hollies and 2nd gen Hollikins.

Grrr. I should have just moved them one at a time.

Well, I totally forgot it was the end of the month, so I've been cheerfully working on several lineage projects and picked up several code eggs for them.

This morning I had 18 hatchies and a scrollful of mostly high-time eggs... and realized 2 new breeds were dropping.  *facepalming forever*

I did have one egg low enough that it could be incuhatched, thankfully, and a couple of hatchies that could be tossed, so now I have two egg slots open for NRs.  But it'll be 12 hours minimum before I can open another egg slot after filling those two, if not longer.  :(

Edited by sorenna

knew that i had made two western zombies on accident, and wanted to use the expunge/remove curse bsa for the first time. forgot which dragon i zombified. looked through my whole scroll, thought i just missed it or scrolled past it, so i searched through a LOT of message history between a friend and i to find a link to the dragon... 

only to realize that i could/SHOULD have just used the remove curse bsa to find it directly. i didnt even need to find the dragon iteslf.

and even more of a sting, is that i had already expunged it. i just forgot about it. so all of that searching for nothing. sigh. 

Had a stupid, but pleasantly surprising, thing happen today.

So my mouse is kind of broken atm in that it'll occasionally register as a double-click when I click on something or open two of the same tab when I ctrl+click (makes trying to highlight/drag-and-drop a nightmare). Anyways, I was hunting in the Biomes earlier today and stumbled upon a Staterae egg. I clicked it, got the 'miss' message, and backtracked to continue hunting as I snagged a Cantor and missed another. Since I usually trawl the AP while waiting for the five-minute marks in the Biomes, I saw a harvest egg and clicked it to see if it was a lineage I wanted, only to get the 'overburdened' message. Confused, I check my scroll to find not only did I actually get the Staterae egg, but I managed to get two Cantor eggs instead of one.

@Myoukin  That's a very awesome surprise! My mouse actually did the exact same thing for months until it got so bad it was almost impossible to do a single click at all (finally bought a new one!). 

Right now my stupid thing is my time-management, usually I try to be deliberate about when I hatch things and what time eggs are because I *hate* being almost-locked with eggs but only having a few hatchlings, it just feels like wasted space and I don't like the look of it when I have so few growing things. I currently have 9 growing things and it's annoying me.

I've been trying to get green Nilia pygmies for weeks and only now I found out fertility is needed to create them.. at least I got one now, let's try again next week 😄