wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Same here, I forgot to breed my Valentines until last night/early this morning, so they won’t hatch until the 15th, sigh.

More short sighted, found a neat looking 2G HS, hatched and tossed it back. Now looking at trades, someone wanted a blood swap for that exact pair. *Screams internally* Noooo XD Now Im determined to find another. 

I have no male CB Striped Rivers. I've known that for years, because I have a few holiday stairstep lineages I can't properly breed thanks to not having a male CB Striped River. Every single holiday I re-realize this, and tell myself I'm going to grab a CB Striped River as soon as the holiday is over. .... Guess what I just re-realized yet again? Ugh!

I have a 3g lineage I need to breed, and I have the 2gs to do so already. Last year, I forgot. This year , they auto-abandoned. Maybe it just isn't meant to be?

Didn't join the forums until after a month of regular DC and I made a mistake on said forums in my second post :P

In DC itself, I had too many eggs to grab a purple egg. Released an egg only to find that the purple was taken.

Oh well :P

I forgot that I had already eight eggs on my scroll when I bred an my Spinels. Of course the bred egg was an alt and immediately abandoned to the AP. :unsure:

Lost track of the times on some of my valentines and had a CB Sweetling grow up on me when I mean to gift/trade it, *almost* had my 2nd new-valentine grow up as well, didn't have time to trade it but thankfully was able to gift it before it grew. I need to keep a better eye on my hatchling's times!

I'm trying to make neglected dragons now and I should have had an attempt half an hour ago. I say 'should' because while I've been thinking about it for a couple of hours leading up to ToD, I then missed it because I got the time wrong in my mind. I was so sure it was 18.50. It was 18.40. I even have a notebook at my side with all the correct information I need, including 18.40 for ToD.  Just got to said egg to see it had 0 days left. Gutted.  It's the first and last time I'll do that. 💔😭

I haven't played in like three actual years.

So I'm refreshing the AP grabbing eggs I haven't seen before in hopes of catching a few cool new dragons for the scroll ya know.

I see a silver hatchie in the AP...and I...just...stare...at it. Don't even try to click on it, just STARE. Blankly. At the hatchling. As I try to figure out what the heck I'm seeing.

By the time it hit me, I had refreshed 3 more times. Good job me.

Also sat there blankly trying to work out why an egg looked exactly like a Xeno egg but yet nothing like a Xeno egg at the same time. It took me twenty minutes of refreshing the AP to abruptly realize there were more Xeno released last year and I had skimmed the thread but never bothered to sign in and try and get any of them. Oyeah. And by the time I noticed it, egg locked until tomorrow yay

I froze too many hatchlings recently, including one v-day and two others that I really didn't *need*, and now I'm down to 1 freeze left with none coming back until Wednesday (and even then only one!). 

Well, I grabbed another Ridgewing in the cave. It was purple, of course.

I had just abandoned the Purple Ridgewing I got from the cave 5 hours earlier.

The thing is, if I get a Tan Ridgewing, I will just trade it for any random hatchling, I just can't resist trying anyway.

4 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Well, I grabbed another Ridgewing in the cave. It was purple, of course.

I had just abandoned the Purple Ridgewing I got from the cave 5 hours earlier.

The thing is, if I get a Tan Ridgewing, I will just trade it for any random hatchling, I just can't resist trying anyway.

I do the same thing with Zyus and Xenos. I can't stop myself from clicking on them whenever I see them in a biome, even though I know I'm not going to keep it. 

My stupid thing of the day (well, yesterday): I decided to switch out a frozen hatchie I was using as a divider in a group, for a different type of frozen hatchie. Only to realize after I'd switched divider-names and assigned it to a group that it's a Thuwed and I can't actually use it as a divider (because all my Thuweds need to have 'Thuwed' in their names which won't work for a divider). Thankfully I hadn't actually frozen it yet so I didn't waste a freeze-slot, but it was just frustratingly inconvenient to realize my perfect idea was totally not going to work at all. And if I'd just looked at the lineage before actually doing anything....

I managed to get a 2nd Gen bronze shimmer but i forgot to unhide it even though it had enough views to grow and it died

I still need winter hatchlings for freezing.

Found a winter egg in the AP.

Checked the lineage and it was a 5G checker with Snow, really pretty.

Decided to not try to continue this lineage.

And abandoned the egg...

Does it count if I haven't done it yet?  

Got a terrible idea for a lineage project, and I'm gonna start breeding tomorrow!  :D

8 minutes ago, sorenna said:

Got a terrible idea for a lineage project, and I'm gonna start breeding tomorrow!  :D

can you share with the class? :) 

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

can you share with the class? :) 

Sure, if you want to be horrified by my hubris I don't mind sharing, haha! 

I created a group for it called "Lineage: Worst Idea Ever" and the plan goes like this:

G1 = Winter x Blue Neb

G2 = Purple Neb x Spring

G3 = Green Neb x Summer

G4 = Fall x Red Neb

G5 = back to Winter x Blue!

It's guaranteed to take a year at mininum because it involves every Seasonal variant, AND it involves every color of Nebula so there's plenty of opportunity for miscoloring to slow me down!  Plus gender-flipping with each gen to maximize chances of messing up Influence.  Now that's what you call bad decisions.  :)

Edited by sorenna

8 minutes ago, sorenna said:

It's guaranteed to take a year at mininum because it involves every Seasonal variant, AND it involves every color of Nebula!

heh.... kinda sounds like my idea.... (except for the Nebulas though.....

Spoiler

8FPRc6R.png

all coded dragons now have names!

this could take longer than a year to do, because the first breedings of the first pairs (Shakok x Pomona and Tammuz X Chione) gave me Equinoxes, not Springs.  if it gets to summer and i still don't have any Spring offspring, i'll just shift the pairings around.  i have a CB Spring male and female now! :) 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

heh.... kinda sounds like my idea.... (except for the Nebulas though.....

Hide contents

8FPRc6R.png

all coded dragons now have names!

this could take longer than a year to do, because the first breedings of the first pairs (Shakok x Pomona and Tammuz X Chione) gave me Equinoxes, not Springs.  if it gets to summer and i still don't have any Spring offspring, i'll just shift the pairings around.  i have a CB Spring male and female now! :) 

That looks like fun!  For values of "fun" where large amounts of patience are required.  :) 

Being at the mercy of the ratios is the hardest thing about Seasonal lineages - if they just won't give you a Seasonal offspring in the few months where that's an option, you're stuck for a year! 

5 minutes ago, sorenna said:

That looks like fun!  For values of "fun" where large amounts of patience are required.  :) 

Being at the mercy of the ratios is the hardest thing about Seasonal lineages - if they just won't give you a Seasonal offspring in the few months where that's an option, you're stuck for a year! 

yes, yes, and YES!

*sigh*

this requires more patience than some of my other fandom-named dragons.  most of those are "oooh, these dragons would be great for characters from this fandom" - breeding not usually necessary. XD 

Mistaking the Nebula "brilliant radiance" description for one of the rare shinies again....... 

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

add a branch of Lunar x Cantormaris for another 4-colours-each lineage

yes. but i prefer seasonals and all the others...not so much the Cantos though.....