wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

i thought my celestials would all be able to breed on the 11th. i was wrong. they arent able to corporealize for another 6 days. 

i always find myself very annoyed with their mechanics because i always seem to completely forget that i need to plan a month ahead of time to see if im planning anything that requires specific timing...! ugh. 

Waited too late in the evening to do my breeding on the 10th. The eggs didn't hatch before rollover tonight, meaning that my current batch won't hatch until after rollover on the 14th, so I won't be able to do a last batch of eggs that day as I had planned. I'm leaving two spots open for AP hunting (because otherwise, if I breed two more eggs now, they won't hatch in time for me to grab the new ones), so in theory I could get really lucky in the AP, but it's way more likely that I have at least six lineages that I won't be able to continue until next year.

Same here, I forgot to breed my Valentines until last night/early this morning, so they won’t hatch until the 15th, sigh.

More short sighted, found a neat looking 2G HS, hatched and tossed it back. Now looking at trades, someone wanted a blood swap for that exact pair. *Screams internally* Noooo XD Now Im determined to find another. 

I have no male CB Striped Rivers. I've known that for years, because I have a few holiday stairstep lineages I can't properly breed thanks to not having a male CB Striped River. Every single holiday I re-realize this, and tell myself I'm going to grab a CB Striped River as soon as the holiday is over. .... Guess what I just re-realized yet again? Ugh!

I have a 3g lineage I need to breed, and I have the 2gs to do so already. Last year, I forgot. This year , they auto-abandoned. Maybe it just isn't meant to be?

I forgot I already had a CB gold and didn't think to influence the gold I bought from the market before it hatched.

Didn't join the forums until after a month of regular DC and I made a mistake on said forums in my second post :P

In DC itself, I had too many eggs to grab a purple egg. Released an egg only to find that the purple was taken.

Oh well :P

I forgot that I had already eight eggs on my scroll when I bred an my Spinels. Of course the bred egg was an alt and immediately abandoned to the AP. :unsure:

Lost track of the times on some of my valentines and had a CB Sweetling grow up on me when I mean to gift/trade it, *almost* had my 2nd new-valentine grow up as well, didn't have time to trade it but thankfully was able to gift it before it grew. I need to keep a better eye on my hatchling's times!

I'm trying to make neglected dragons now and I should have had an attempt half an hour ago. I say 'should' because while I've been thinking about it for a couple of hours leading up to ToD, I then missed it because I got the time wrong in my mind. I was so sure it was 18.50. It was 18.40. I even have a notebook at my side with all the correct information I need, including 18.40 for ToD.  Just got to said egg to see it had 0 days left. Gutted.  It's the first and last time I'll do that. 💔😭