wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

6 hours ago, quinney said:

Bred two Brimstones to try for neglecting, and when they got down to below an hour left, I went to look at the exact time I'd bred them - and I hadn't written it down. Couldn't believe it, it's all I'm doing right now, I want to learn how to neglect and I won't do it by forgetting to write times down!

Uhh, you can look the exact times you bred something up in your Action Log . . . ?  At least to the minute.  Might've gotten lucky if you'd started the experiment with that - I'll take any learning experience, since I'm not good at NDing.  I had a couple turn but they weren't incubated so no catcher, & they didn't hatch in time & died.  Haven't found the patience to try again.  Good luck on your next try!

Edited by Sunrunner

4 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

Uhh, you can look the exact times you bred something up in your Action Log . . . ?  At least to the minute.  Might've gotten lucky if you'd started the experiment with that - I'll take any learning experience, since I'm not good at NDing.  I had a couple turn but they weren't incubated so no catcher, & they didn't hatch in time & died.  Haven't found the patience to try again.  Good luck on your next try!

Thanks for this Sunrunner.  I racked my brain to try and think how to find out but being old and slow, never gave action log a thought. I now have three CB's that I got last night and the time is written down!

Months ago, I bred this dragon from one of my yules, and I need an offspring from my other yule and a different balloon to pair with it and breed mates for two other lineages. I've been planning this since last year when I caught the 3g; the 4g has been on my scroll unpaired since 2016. But I went to breed the other yule, I only saw the one same CB balloon in the mate selection. Cue a major OH NO moment when I thought I had neglected to get another CB balloon in time. Fortunately I checked the main scroll page and I do have another, it's just on breeding cooldown until tomorrow so it wasn't in the list. But man, I nearly gave myself a heart attack with that one. Saw all my lineage plans flash before my eyes and turn to dust, lol.

3 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

PLEASE PLEASE let us forget wrong mates… RIP Ember x Ribbon I was gonna wait for

When breeding during Holiday breeding season, if you've never bred 2 dragons outside of the Holiday breeding, neither will appear at the top of the breeding list with other mates when you go to breed them again.

3 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

When breeding during Holiday breeding season, if you've never bred 2 dragons outside of the Holiday breeding, neither will appear at the top of the breeding list with other mates when you go to breed them again.

Ah its mate hadnt yet grown, but when I clicked it I forgot and saw the correct breed. Brain derped XD but still if it wasnt there I wouldve remembered

1. Remeber to breed non-holiday mates BEFORE the holiday

2. Remeber that Solstice wing colors are based on the time they are bred...not the parent (frowns at the Solstice that will have blue wings instead of the rosy she would have liked)

2 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Remeber to breed non-holiday mates BEFORE the holiday

^Lol same. I have two 2G Snows from Gold Florets. I only got one a mate. XD I didn't even realize it until a day or two before Holiday breeding started. :rolleyes:

"I should breed some of my CB Holidays. But not the Solstices, because they'd make blue wings right now. Hmmm what could I do... Oh hey, Solstice and Equinox would be funny!" *breeds them*

9 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

"I should breed some of my CB Holidays. But not the Solstices, because they'd make blue wings right now. Hmmm what could I do... Oh hey, Solstice and Equinox would be funny!" *breeds them*

oh no! did you actually want the pairing to keep? i haven't bred my cb solstices yet, so pm me if you'd like that pairing.

as for me, i somehow got in my head that i know all my dragons' lineages by their name/code, and that therefore there was no need to check any lineage pages before hitting that "breed" button. enjoy, fans of messy/inbred lineages! :3

14 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I totally forgot about blue/rosey times and think I bred some of my checkers wrong… Whoops! XD I wish you could tell.

There is a handy-dandy tool on DDF for keeping track of Solstice wing color; it's remembering to check it before breeding that's the rub :P  - https://leviathan.thorngale.net/solstice-colour.php

The site has Lunar Herald, Fire Gem, & Lumina tools as well

Bred my only adult CB Snow Angel ... straight to the AP because for some reason abandoning that messy AP find hadn't worked (probably closed the tab too fast or somesuch)

14 hours ago, miaou said:

oh no! did you actually want the pairing to keep? i haven't bred my cb solstices yet, so pm me if you'd like that pairing.

I was only breeding them for the AP, but thank you for the offer!  :) 

I'm just sorry for people who pick them up and don't know what color they will be, since I bred them shortly after the time the colors changed. (I made a frozen-hatchie-note on my scroll in case anybody will check where they came from...)

My latest stupid thing I've done on DC would be a chain of stupidity that I now realize after breeding my Holidays.

- November 11th, check what mates Holiday dragons I caught/bred need.

- Breed the said mate, let it grow.

- Feel good that you have prepped more mates to your Holiday dragons in advance. Proceed to pat on your own back.

- Holiday breeding week, wait for proper time to breed so the offspring turns right.

- Breed the said dragons together.

- Check for the lineage, because dang you feel good for continuing lineage.

- The entire checker is inbreeding mess of siblings breeding together.

- The other possible mate wouldn't have been any different, because same Daddy dragon.

- Enjoy from inbred checker Solstices this Christmas, hopefully....?

So yeah... my stupidity of not checking anything in the first place, only to find it in front of me now... -___-'

nooo, just misbred a 2nd gen Aegis from Caligene with the dragon on top  - a 3rd gen Silver x Trihorn checker (I hate it when the Holiday x Holiday mate does not show at the top...)

Aagh, i have a handful of holiday dragons with misbreeds in their history, and I do it again EVERY YEAR.

I knew I needed a mate this year for a 3g snow/soulstone line, so I bred one. And when I went to add it to my breeding spreadsheets, I saw this. That's the dragon that needs the mate. It needs a soulstone, not a snow. The hatching has been taking up scroll space for two days and it's the wrong species. I'm an idiot.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:15 PM, Amberfly said:

I knew I needed a mate this year for a 3g snow/soulstone line, so I bred one. And when I went to add it to my breeding spreadsheets, I saw this. That's the dragon that needs the mate. It needs a soulstone, not a snow. The hatching has been taking up scroll space for two days and it's the wrong species. I'm an idiot.

This alwayas happens to me, too.  I'll breed, or find in the AP, something that pings me as 'oh, I need this' and then three days later realize that nope, I needed the *other* breed! 

11 hours ago, Aventurine said:

This alwayas happens to me, too.  I'll breed, or find in the AP, something that pings me as 'oh, I need this' and then three days later realize that nope, I needed the *other* breed! 

Oh, it probably happens to me once every holiday. I know it happened last Halloween. Not an unusual occurrence at all XD

Today's stupid thing is grabbing so many holiday eggs that I had no scroll space at all to grab things from the low-time wall. Usually the holiday wall breaks while I'm asleep, but I was actually online this time. But no, total hatchling lock for the next 10-12 hours and no regrets :P

went to breed a new pair, to make a 3g checker i've been dreaming of for months - but couldn't find the 2g holly x obidar from my own holly.

because he was last bred july 12th. that's a little outside the holiday breeding window. :dry:

On 12/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, subwoofer said:

I've been trying to get an Electric egg from one of my pairings for quite a long time, since I need it for a checker.

A few days ago, I finally got it.

And... I forgot to influence it. So if it genders wrong, I have to try all over again...

Do you still need this? I just bred an Electric, although from a pair which I won't name.

I'm doing space-themed cookies and I forgot to add the stars on one of them before sending it. I'm actually, genuinely annoyed about it now.  :'D

11 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Do you still need this? I just bred an Electric, although from a pair which I won't name.

Yep, I still need this. Sorry for the late response. If you still have it, I'd be glad to take it.

Ah, yes, the annual post-Xmas realization that I need a bunch of mates before Valentine's.