wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Saw a pb 3rd gen Itus Cantomaris up for a bloodswap trade.

Had 1 hour to go on my pb 2g Itus hatching mate.   Getting excited.  

She grows up.  My couple doesn’t refuse!   They make an egg!

My brand new pb 3g Itus auto abandons because I forgot to count my hidden egg when determining my egg limit 😅. Whomp whomp

I hope whomever gets it enjoys it!  Next time, next time.

searched for a good 5 minutes on my scroll for a pair of dragons i meant to breed, very confused and worried when i cant find them... check my hatchlings, they havent grown up yet -_-

I bred 2 pairs of CB Orange Cantormaris dragons, and got eggs from both. 

Instead of trading them away, I kept them, incubated them, and hatched them.

Now I have 2 black/red ones. *sigh*

Edited to add: Almost a week later, and it is 4 minutes after the hour, so I am furiously refreshing...the AP instead of the cave. *sigh*

Edited by PrincessLucy

Breeding two of my code dragons together forgetting I was egglocked and having the egg auto-abandon, oops... ;^; If anyone sees a purple dorsal dragon in the AP with the code "pbkjx" anytime soon hmu lol!!

I'm not sure if you guys can consider this something stupid I did but I have egg locked myself with nebula dragons... 8 of them. I was not planning I'm doing that so if anyone has had trouble getting ahold of nebula dragon eggs in the AP just let me know! I grabbed a few too many! X'D 

Misread a dragon code when breeding for my lineage project, bred with the wrong mate

And I had my lineage planner spreadsheet open and everything 😆

I need to stop refreshing the AP while doing something else. Missed a Nobleshield because I was distracted by food and didn't see it sitting there after a refresh. 

not something stupid ive done on dc itself, but on the forums... i just tried to add a reaction to a post (like on discord) and was confused when i couldnt find the button...

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

not something stupid ive done on dc itself, but on the forums... i just tried to add a reaction to a post (like on discord) and was confused when i couldnt find the button...

oh i've done this too!

One of the new release dragons had a very interesting code when I pulled them out of the desert!

Investigate the third link in my signature... whoever I traded this Dragon too you're welcome.

I'm sure curiosity what are the chances of this happening? Also is it considered an inappropriate name even though it is there code?

And yes that's their actual code!

Did this a few weeks ago. I was hunting for rare eggs in the cave and somehow ended up mistaking an ember for a magma because my brain saw "hot" in the description and clicked. Not 10 minutes later, I do the same thing in another biome by mistaking a common pygmy's description with a chicken's.

Ended up egg locking myself for a couple of hours. Kept the ember though

Clicked the wrong noise. Stuck with a Howler now for 5 hours because it's not bitable XD

Get a bunch of whites for someone, forgot to put them in transfer before they grew up! It skipped my mind that we can't trade adult on this game 😅

Edited by Nightmon

I spooked myself when I grouped an egg while using the "ungrouped" filter: I thought it has dissapeared from my scroll.

I somehow forgot that spring exists. 

Working on a lineage with different-colored Nebulas bred to different Seasonals.  Got two Neb eggs from Winter, influenced them male, and the hatchiescame out two different colors.  Then like an idiot I threw out the wrong one, because I thought I needed the color I planned to breed to a Summer instead of a Spring!  

Edited by sorenna

I incubated an orange Cantor by accident to make it hatch sooner. I wasn't sad, I was absolutely devastated.

Thanks for the tip, Ruby!

Edited by Kassy

13 hours ago, Kassy said:

I incubated an orange Cantor by accident to make it hatch sooner. I wasn't sad, I was absolutely devastated.

A quick teleport to someone else and back would fix that. Most people use the Random Scroll Help thread for that.

(Naturally, that only works *before* the little one hatches)

I think this qualifies for both "stupid thing" and bad luck.... 😆😁

Forgot to influence an egg for a lineage project... *facepalm* Of course, it then gendered wrong...

Wasn't paying attention to which egg I was incubating and had apparently landed in a Cantormaris row. Unfortunately it was supposed to be a Mundus, so argh. Instant-abandon; gonna have to breed that one again. XD

Spend a good 15 minutes searching a green fire gem dragon to breed, don't find them. Be very confused and then realise I only have male firegem and were basically trying to breed a male with a male 😅

Looked at my very egg locked scroll: “Ok, I just caught the last egg, I can’t grab any more.”

Two seconds later: “Oh, yeah! I need to breed this Prize dragon!”

*breeds and gets a Prize from Gold*
*gets auto-abandoned*
“I’m such an idiot.”

I renamed the 2011 holiday dragon species to Blizzard Wizard. This is canon and I am not joking.

8 hours ago, TCA said:

I renamed the 2011 holiday dragon species to Blizzard Wizard. This is canon and I am not joking.

I owe you my life now. This is genius and I love it.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:19 PM, Firedda said:

Looked at my very egg locked scroll: “Ok, I just caught the last egg, I can’t grab any more.”

Two seconds later: “Oh, yeah! I need to breed this Prize dragon!”

*breeds and gets a Prize from Gold*
*gets auto-abandoned*
“I’m such an idiot.”

Working as intended. Your dragons will seize the opportunity to do that. 

12 hours ago, TCA said:

renamed the 2011 holiday dragon species to Blizzard Wizard. This is canon and I am not joking.

4 hours ago, FarawayCreatures said:

I owe you my life now. This is genius and I love it.

I'm not so sure. It makes me want ice cream from Dairy Queen. 

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I'm not so sure. It makes me want ice cream from Dairy Queen. 

Do it. Consume the cronch.

Anyway, my own share of dumb. 

>see an egg with a funky (256yo) code in the forums

>think to yourself, so cool! someone who collects codes would love it!

>pick up an egg from the ap

>it's that (256yo) egg. you don't collect codes.

Now it's gonna be named to hide the shame of stealing a perfectly good code from a potential collector.