wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

21 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Don't feel guilty about something like that. It could have been the other way around where you traded away the soon to be rare for something easier to catch/buy. That is the risk we take when we trade new releases.

I traded an alt Floret and a 3rd gen prize checker yesterday for a day 1 Pygmy because I had bred them for a trade that didn't happen and needed my egg space, just to forget to get more eggs.

I do that kind of thing when I need something - offer 2 gen prizes for a common I NEED.

I traded for 2 stats when they came out as someone else had caught 6 when they were flooding and the new ones weren't and they wanted the new xenos. THAT was lucky - and shouldn't be in the stupid things thread !

I've been breeding my sapphire gems later and later every Wednesday, and the switch to summer time was the last straw; I had to skip this week.

Didn't bother to learn how a forum worked, had an account but didn't play for multiple years. Now I am relatively obsessed with clicker pets and I'm slightly kicking myself in the foot for all the progress I could have made.

(Then again, I'm *still* not very knowledgeable about the site, or the buzzwords referring dragon species.)

Successfully used earthquake, no dead eggs, no runaway hatchies, so excited to hatch a new Motus...and then I completely flaked and used precognition on my Cantomaris egg. Who's the dummy? Me!

I set out to make a neglected dragon only to realize 7 minutes before TOD that I hadn't given it any UVs in the past six days. Wow! 🥴

13 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I set out to make a neglected dragon only to realize 7 minutes before TOD that I hadn't given it any UVs in the past six days. Wow! 🥴

To avoid that, get the views as soon as you get the egg.  Yes, your egg will get sick but you're going to hide it anyway.

At 7 minutes, I'd still give neglecting a try, blast it from angles!  I hasten to add, I've made just 9 and I still have no idea how I got them.  Seasoned neglecters  have their own formulas but nothing like that worked for me. Good luck with future tries!

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

To avoid that, get the views as soon as you get the egg.  Yes, your egg will get sick but you're going to hide it anyway.

Definitely will be doing that next time. 🥴

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

At 7 minutes, I'd still give neglecting a try, blast it from angles!  I hasten to add, I've made just 9 and I still have no idea how I got them.  Seasoned neglecters  have their own formulas but nothing like that worked for me. Good luck with future tries!

I was flipping out lol so I just gave up on neglecting it and decided to hatch it normally. Thankfully a friend was able to bounce the egg so it would gain an extra day of life, otherwise it would have died for sure.

Thanks for the good luck!

Missed a CB pink sapphire because I was locked!! 😿 I was just looking at the AP to help me decide if I should abandon something after my trade offer was canceled...

Buying a gemshard egg from the market because I was not around for the second release but was around for the first one...thought I got the egg on Thursday so it would be purple...it was Wednesday so it is blue and I have original release versions of it already. *facepalm*

You'd think after more than a decade, I'd know better than fill up my scroll so I won't have any slots on a Sunday, which is when most new egg drops happen.  Yet, I still do it from time to time.

7 minutes ago, Ytak said:

You'd think after more than a decade, I'd know better than fill up my scroll so I won't have any slots on a Sunday, which is when most new egg drops happen.  Yet, I still do it from time to time.

most new releases during non-special months (February, May, October, December) are on the 4th sunday of the month.  tomorrow (Easter/April 17) is only the third sunday.

stranger things have happened, but last year's April release was on April 25th.  while i'm planning on a release for April 24th this year (i give it a 98% chance), that means i've got a 2% chance tonight at midnight. 

but - Festival of the Eggs.  so maybe not?

1 hour ago, Kyuu Cross said:

I didn't log into DC for a long time and thus lost the name on my first dragon. 

That must have been a long hiatus, welcome back!  Dragons no longer lose their names due to player inactivity - you can even change them or your scroll name now!  Still no end to name exclusivity, though.

My stupid thing was going on a Sapphire massbreed waiting for FoE to start while egg-locked & not expecting one of my little brats to ratio break.  It'll take ages to get another Sapphire out one of my Wisteria, I bet :wacko:XD 1542261160_Screenshot2022-04-16at22-54-16Actions-(zqSqS)-DragonCave.thumb.png.7145a929d426d00463ad211f2250fae6.png

9 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

That must have been a long hiatus, welcome back!  Dragons no longer lose their names due to player inactivity - you can even change them or your scroll name now!  Still no end to name exclusivity, though.

My stupid thing was going on a Sapphire massbreed waiting for FoE to start while egg-locked & not expecting one of my little brats to ratio break.  It'll take ages to get another Sapphire out one of my Wisteria, I bet :wacko:XD 1542261160_Screenshot2022-04-16at22-54-16Actions-(zqSqS)-DragonCave.thumb.png.7145a929d426d00463ad211f2250fae6.png

Yes it was a long long time. Like from 2009 to 2017 long time lol I completely forgot about DC since I had a lot of family issues going on, but that's ok, my dragon now has a weird name of M1rr0R instead of Mirror.  

I also realized I accidently released a dragon I needed for a breeding project and I havent been able to find once since heh

I've been trying to breed a lunar from a certain pair for half a year. Today they finally gave one! But I bred them one day too early.

And I was telling myself that I should check it before breeding the pair and not just trust my memory.

I started playing two weeks ago and I already know not keeping that Thunder egg was a pretty dang bad move.

I forgot to influence this poor 2g Prize-kin. She will be female. 😭

Screenshot_20220608-162955_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8a07d6bec66a167dae91c69958cf408e.jpg

@Ruffledfeathers yes please! I am happy to lineage swap since I have a F CB Silver Tin. My original plan was to breed a Tinsel mate for a 3G checker, which is why the misgendered hatchie made me so sad. 

Edited by BringsTheSnow

21 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I forgot to influence this poor 2g Prize-kin. She will be female. 😭

Ouch, I feel your pain. I can when mine comes off cool down try to breed a replacement if you like :) 

Tagging a PB dragon as 2G when it was 3G, subsequently breeding it to a 2G :rolleyes: An oops. Ah well its a BSA baby so I guess someone will enjoy it. 

@BringsTheSnow Mine comes off cooldown in a week or so’s time. When I get an egg I will PM :) 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

:')  I never thought I 'd see a cheese in the cave, so when I saw one just now I just Stared for a second because I couldn't believe it... and missed it.  

I saw a nice three-letter code in the cave but didn't grab it because I couldn't remember who was looking for that one. Found out a couple of hours later. They would have loved it. 😿

Had a G2 prizekin blue sapphire... I had hatched it just fine but forgot to take it out of the hatcheries after the fact. Due to the increased number of people giving views in the hatcheries it turned yellow. Should have seen that coming fml.

i'm making my way towards 1000 dragons in one of my groups. it was up to 978 when today i traded for an egg that fits the group criteria. i added the egg to the group, then checked tne group --

it's at 978.

somehow i must have unchecked that group's box when i was cross-referencing dragons to other groups. i have no idea who's missing or how i'll ever find them again. 😒