wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

2 hours ago, Sashimi said:

I've been trying to get green Nilia pygmies for weeks and only now I found out fertility is needed to create them.. at least I got one now, let's try again next week 😄

Yes, Fertility is needed, but on both parents; otherwise you won't get a green.

Edited by missy_

I have accidentally killed a 2G prizekin because I somehow missed that it had parents on it's page. Now I have to pray hard that it revives. 😭😂

Oh wait, I meant zombifies, but it can actually revive properly. I guess my chances for true revival don't get worse if I try it at night? :rolleyes:

Edit: It didn't revive.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

9 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I have accidentally killed a 2G prizekin because I somehow missed that it had parents on it's page. Now I have to pray hard that it revives. 😭😂

Oh wait, I meant zombifies, but it can actually revive properly. I guess my chances for true revival don't get worse if I try it at night? :rolleyes:

I've done this so many times that I lost count and stopped caring XD I was doing a lot more zombie experiments earlier in the year, when the NR for pink sapphire hit back in May and I was frantically unhiding stuff and letting my hatchie zombie fodder grow up to free up slots for new eggs, and I randomly discovered one 2G prizekin and one 3G alt-kin within my fodders. I rarely look at lineage pages when I pick up stuff from AP just for the purpose of fog-killing and well, things happen...

The level of stupidity in me last night: let's use earthquake even though I have a few eggs that will be ready for neglected attempt in a couple of hours.

Guess what, two of them died, the eggs I wanted to hatch ended up unaffected. And guess what more happened? When the last egg was ready for experiment I was like, okay all of them died right? And thus it also promptly died

Started to plan new lineages because I knew that in two hours or so I'd have space for breeding something. While planning, I forgot those two hours of wait and decided to start right away! 😹 Oh well, seems I have to wait a bit longer.

When you create a trade only to get something you would offer on someone else's trade... and don't check before accepting an offer if that other trade is still there.

I usually take some kind of hiatus in the spring and summer months when there are no holidays, but this year's was much longer than usual for Reasons, and the amount of catching up I have to do is ridiculous. There were so many updates and releases and general site changes and for the first time since I joined in 2012 I missed the Festival of Eggs, and I'm way behind on my holiday planning. I usually start that in August and I didn't get back to DC this year until three days ago. Why. Why do I do this to myself.

Once again I get a CB Cantormaris, use Ward to get a Iratus  (of which I have none) and wait for it to hatch.  Later, I'm going through my eggs and using Incubate without thinking....

And this isn't the first time I've done this!  Still no CB Iratus.

Edited by Igoreete
used wrong BSA

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

Ward gives you the white one, Tutela.

Iratus comes from using Incubate

(https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Cantormaris_Dragon)

I really do need a new brain.  What I need is one Tutela (Ward) and two Motus (Earthquake).  I know this, really I do.  I wanted a Tutela and got an Iratus because it is the last bsa you use and I don't get that many cb Cantormaris eggs to begin with and then I will insist on Incubating them at 5 days/0 hours because that's what I do with most of my eggs.  Very Sad.

I will sleep now and things will be better in the morning.  Right?

33 minutes ago, Igoreete said:

I really do need a new brain.  What I need is one Tutela (Ward) and two Motus (Earthquake).  I know this, really I do.  I wanted a Tutela and got an Iratus because it is the last bsa you use and I don't get that many cb Cantormaris eggs to begin with and then I will insist on Incubating them at 5 days/0 hours because that's what I do with most of my eggs.  Very Sad.

I will sleep now and things will be better in the morning.  Right?

Consider changing strategy and using incubate on the canto the minute you get it, before using ward to get the color.

Because if you already used incubate you can't use that on the same egg again and that prevents the incubate happy finger XD that's usually how I do it - finish every single action I need to do the minute I get the egg

Orange ones I actually consider more difficult because after receiving an egg I do have a tendency to incubate it without realizing I shouldn't...

40 minutes ago, Igoreete said:

Incubating them at 5 days/0 hours because that's what I do with most of my eggs.  Very Sad.

not sad! that's what I do all the time with my CB eggs. depending on the time of day though, I might incubate at 4d X hours so it's not an awkward time for me (when 5d hits at 2 a.m.....)

16 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Consider changing strategy and using incubate on the canto the minute you get it, before using ward to get the color.

Because if you already used incubate you can't use that on the same egg again and that prevents the incubate happy finger XD that's usually how I do it - finish every single action I need to do the minute I get the egg

Orange ones I actually consider more difficult because after receiving an egg I do have a tendency to incubate it without realizing I shouldn't...

I never even considered that.  Thank you, that is perfect!

I slacked big-time on my mass-naming efforts, I've been naming a few here and there but haven't actually sat down and done a naming spree in awhile. Big mistake. I now have over 600 unnameds (I used to be able to keep it under 300).

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I slacked big-time on my mass-naming efforts, I've been naming a few here and there but haven't actually sat down and done a naming spree in awhile. Big mistake. I now have over 600 unnameds (I used to be able to keep it under 300).

Same here. I currently have about 590 unnamed, and I should only have about 300 code dragons. I'm lagging. :(

On the bright side, there are over 7,000 dragons who have good names. :)

I made a trade with a low-time AP egg but didn't realise how close to hatching it was... maybe an hour later I saw someone had offered exactly the thing I was looking for and clicked the notification to accept, but it was too late.

I didn't realise Nebula colours were determined by gender until yesterday, and I'm no newbie. I was asking for impossible Nebula trades a few times. XD

Bred BSA dragons together and I'm out of egg room so it got autod.

Had a sweet idea for a lineage; 2G guard x RC hybrid and RC x Aarona with dead/zombie line… So I killed the guardian and Aarona after getting a mate for each. Didnt realize until breeding that it was the same RC that I used XD

Big oops XD 

There's quite a few stupid things I have done over the years on Dragon Cave. Most notably being the awful breeding I did early into the game around 2016/17. Like creating lineages that are just really messed up that I don't like lol. 

Instead of breeding many of my CB dragons with other CB dragons I would often end up with lineages like this:

Dark Lumina

Anagallis

Including some messy hybrid lineages that I had perfectly good CB dragons for to avoid messy:

Carina

Two-finned Bluna

Ultraviolet

Hellhorse

There's also so many breeds that I have, that I do not have any CBs of. They're all either taken from the AP and have messy lineages or they were born by breeding two messy or 1 messy and 1 CB. Like, why did I not try to get any CBs of some of these breeds? Now I'm trying to catch up by finding CB eggs/hatchies of those breeds, years later. I just like having CB dragons and don't necessarily like messy lineages so I have no idea what I was doing making all these messy dragons years ago.

i did a stupid back on monday, when it turns out that i completely forgot to influence my Pyropellis eggs.  i had three eggs, and only one gendered the way he was supposed to XD 

I stupidly forgot about stunning an Electric hatchie, thankfully I remembered before it grew up but I usually try to stun when they are higher-timed so the 'not growing up' restriction will lift around the same time it could naturally grow up... I now have a hatchie that won't grow up until somewhere around 3d5h.