wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

5 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Forgot to influence this because CB reds don't usually need influencing

https://dragcave.net/view/6liSa

but now I have a male coded lisa : /

Well, all you have to do now is create a description explaining how this hapless hatchling obtained the name of Lisa!

There was someone on the trade hub with two CB Pyralspites. I looked at both to see they were CB, and clicked on one to see it's biome was Volcano. Well I need two more of the Volcano type (m/f) to complete my CB goal of them, so I offered and they accepted. Yay! Precog'd them and both were male. Boo. 😕 So I was going to make a trade for the higher time one to try and get a female.

I did not notice the very, VERY subtle difference in color and did not realize until clicking on the second hatchling, that the second one was not also from the Volcano, but the Alpine. Upon looking at mine, I needed exactly one CB male to complete those ones. XD 

I believe this is what one would call "dumb luck". Lol

I decided to take a look at the Arsanis I need/can breed a mate for. Decided to breed 3g mates without fertility- refusal. Of course. At least they'll still be able to breed on Valentine's.

Then, I go to breed a 2g Tercorn x Arsani, only to find out I already have. Wonderful! I go to test breed them (using fertility this time!) so they're at the top of the list for holiday breeding... only to get this. Yay. I had the wrong code.

Bred my two 2nd gen Yellow Zyumorphs from 3

Sinomorph and 1 GON parents. I got a pretty 3rd gen Zyumorph egg - that dropped to the AP since I was scroll-locked. 😯

On 12/6/2015 at 12:43 PM, Charu said:

I traded a GoN (when they were tradeable) for a CB Silver. And yes, it was brilliant... if I could ever Summon a new GoN to replace it.

Except even if I could Summon a new GoN, I will never have the bragging rights to say I owned a GoN before most.

rolleyes.gif

Update on this (even though it's been so long that probably no one cares):

I stopped playing DC for a time. I started playing again in November. Early on in the release of GoN, you were able to trade it. I quickly traded mine away for a CB Silver since they were just rare enough that people had difficulties getting one way back in March of 2010. I thought "Hey, I got a GoN at release. Should be easy, right?" After several years of trying to summon a new one, I just kinda made this post and played for a few months after, then gave up. 

I just now got a GoN on January 16th. I know it's not scientific, but I definitely spent years trying to replace the GoN I traded away. I also have yet to know if it will curse me later down the line if I summon 2 more or if the person who has my original GoN can hold 4 GoNs or 3. 🤔

This post by itself is probably not allowed, but I think the dumbest thing is being super pretentious about descriptions. I read through my previous post and wow that stuff just seethes of being a teenager/angsty young adult. I'm not going to delete them because then outing myself would be pointless but oh lord. Current me is definitely yelling at past me right now. I'm also sad that I missed the chance to see SockPuppetStrangler off in 2017. I hope they're doing well.

Edited by Charu
Engrish

12 minutes ago, Charu said:

I also have yet to know if it will curse me later down the line if I summon 2 more or if the person who has my original GoN can hold 4 GoNs or 3. 🤔

Probably still just 3.

Some people have tested this: they released their GoNs into the wilderness and summoned again and again and again.

Conclusion: The game is not counting how many you have summoned, but how many you own. That's why they are listed on your Breed Limits page.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Probably still just 3.

Some people have tested this: they released their GoNs into the wilderness and summoned again and again and again.

Conclusion: The game is not counting how many you have summoned, but how many you own. That's why they are listed on your Breed Limits page.

This is very informative. I forgot about the limits page. Thanks.

Instead of clicking a biome, I clicked an egg. Clearly a brainfart. Did not want that egg, so my Vampire went ahead and ... killed it.

Hunting for more new release. Stared at a Dino egg for a while going "oh no that is a dino, not a lure... oh"
To be fair I'd just trade the egg away for something I can rarely catch, so not much of a loss, but it feels so dumb. xD

(edited for too many typos)

Edited by Reykur

Yesterday I posted a new egg on a trade that was looking for a swap, because I do not have the orange variant. It took a freaking day for my egg to be rejected. Yay for wasting my time.

4 hours ago, Siliskor said:

Yesterday I posted a new egg on a trade that was looking for a swap, because I do not have the orange variant. It took a freaking day for my egg to be rejected. Yay for wasting my time.

if it's still an egg, you can bounce it off me, and i'll send it back so it's orange

I'm a doofus. I had *meant* to check on those 2 traded pink Cantormaris hatchlings' genders before the grow up, and then forgot. And now I have 2 female adults and 0 (zero) males.

This time yesterday I was kicking myself and gutted.  I bred a 2g Cantormaris (orange parents) and had the schoolboy error. Yes, it went straight to the AP.   Feeling better now since spending most of the day in the AP, I managed to grab three 2g Cantormaris eggs for freezing.

Whoever gets the 2g PB - enjoy!

losing interest for 6+ years and missing out on all the pretty event dragons. jeez

in all honesty it's very funny to me that i've ended up back here again after such a long time. and it's painful to think about my young and stupid self doing... who knows what. ah well =D

I was having great fun freezing a bunch of hatchies for my armies, including my new Cantor frozen army (Tiny Pterodactyls!)..... Then I looked at the date and remembered Valentine's exists. The majority of my freeze slots won't come back until the 15th-on, need to completely re-plan my V-day frozen plans.

I finally caught another Cantomaris that I intended to have hatch pink but I incubated it out of habit

I hatched an egg before dropping it to the AP - to make it more attractive for other people to pick up, before the wall comes and it gets stuck.

But for some reason I forgot the timer resets back to 7 days after hatching, so now it will actually get stuck.

Though I think it won't die and will just grow up into the wilderness.
https://dragcave.net/lineage/4zuYZ

On 2/7/2021 at 5:33 AM, Chaos Rider said:

I finally caught another Cantomaris that I intended to have hatch pink but I incubated it out of habit

If its still an egg precog it! You may be able to trade for a pink!

Had a brain derp moment and bred two pairs (Rosebud x Moonstone and Arsani x Storm) I had been intending to wait to breed until I wasn't egglocked, so I could continue the lineages.  Now they won't be off cooldown again until after Valentines breeding period is over... *screaming internally*

Edited by foreverlokied224

Here's something stupid I just noticed.

In 2016, I caught a beautiful 3g Rosebud x Marrow checker. In 2018, I thought I found a mate for it. Then I totally forgot about these two until 2021 when I finally realised I messed up and figured out these guys are brother and sister from the same pair. :rolleyes:

I don't remember how I got myself into this situation but now i've got to figure out how to get mates for both of them on top of another 2 from Black Marrow x Rosebud. I guess I really like the pairing?

i thought my celestials would all be able to breed on the 11th. i was wrong. they arent able to corporealize for another 6 days. 

i always find myself very annoyed with their mechanics because i always seem to completely forget that i need to plan a month ahead of time to see if im planning anything that requires specific timing...! ugh. 

Waited too late in the evening to do my breeding on the 10th. The eggs didn't hatch before rollover tonight, meaning that my current batch won't hatch until after rollover on the 14th, so I won't be able to do a last batch of eggs that day as I had planned. I'm leaving two spots open for AP hunting (because otherwise, if I breed two more eggs now, they won't hatch in time for me to grab the new ones), so in theory I could get really lucky in the AP, but it's way more likely that I have at least six lineages that I won't be able to continue until next year.