wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

10 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Now it's gonna be named to hide the shame of stealing a perfectly good code from a potential collector

Nah, no shame in it. Code collectors are a peculiar bunch. I've offered codes and had no takers. 

I didn't check for colour mechanics in the new Magnesium Amphipteres and thought the colours were randomized ... and wondered why all my eggs hatched in tan variant when I only needed one single grey one ... RIP me at least I checked the release page and saw before making a whiny post about only getting tans here XD

I should hunt more at the Volcano I guess lmao

10 hours ago, Gluria said:

I didn't check for colour mechanics in the new Magnesium Amphipteres and thought the colours were randomized ... and wondered why all my eggs hatched in tan variant when I only needed one single grey one ... RIP me at least I checked the release page and saw before making a whiny post about only getting tans here XD

I should hunt more at the Volcano I guess lmao

I spent months breeding a rainbow and verdigris Copper together trying to get a verdigris. Frustrated I finally checked the wiki to see if there was something special I was supposed to do. Guess which one was the mother?

I thought I'd unlocked all the different Stratos forms, it turns out I've been missing the day form for a year but it only appears during the night when I'm asleep

12 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

I thought I'd unlocked all the different Stratos forms, it turns out I've been missing the day form for a year but it only appears during the night when I'm asleep

Don't they cycle on the same dragon over time? Or is a dragon "locked" into the same color based on the time they hatched or whatever? My sprite-collecting woes just got spikier...

But also, yes, absolutely. I hated Nocturnes when I first started playing because I thought I was missing the night form, but then it would show up and disappear randomly. Turns out timezones are just very, very whiny and if I sleep in, Nocturnes will freeze up...

@FarawayCreatures Each individual counts one per 30 days for an observation, then you can click them again.

For hatched/raised/owned, each counts only once.

I'm usually careful when breeding dragons, but at some point, I bred one of my dragons to its offspring. Someone out there has a dragon that's the result of my inbreeding error.

I was trading with someone, and they were talking about how they were hoping to get a specific gender. I influenced an egg before sending it to them, then remembered that influences don't stay on an egg if transferred. Note that when you go to influence an egg, it literally says "This ensures the egg will be so-and-so gender (unless abandoned or transferred)". Right there in front of my face, folks. 🤦‍♀️

Had a golden wyvern egg that was close to the four-day point and nowhere near hatching, because I hadn't unfogged it yet. I put it in a load of hatcheries to give it a jump start, and planned to reduce the number before going to bed, since I was on a trip and wouldn't be able to check on it until late the next day. Then I forgot to do so. I worried that the egg might have been majorly blasted. It might be stubborn, and require a zillion views to hatch. What if it dies, I thought.
When I finally got a chance to check on it, I found that the egg had hatched and was doing just fine. It wasn't even sick. Which was a good thing, especially since the hotel I was at had such crummy wifi, I was lucky to get anything to load at all.

Both bad luck as well as stupid (again! 🙄 *facepalm*)..

I caught a tan Magnesium Amphitere for a checker lineage I'm starting soon, forgetting that I have no male pinks left to influence it.  Of course, it precogged female. *headdesk*

(it looks like I might have a male pink due come off cooldown in time to influence it .... if I remember😆)

Edited by foreverlokied224

4 hours ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Both bad luck as well as stupid (again! 🙄 *facepalm*)..

I caught a tan Magnesium Amphitere for a checker lineage I'm starting soon, forgetting that I have no male pinks left to influence it.  Of course, it precogged female. *headdesk*

(it looks like I might have a male pink due come off cooldown in time to influence it .... if I remember😆)

You could try the influence for me thread:

You should never go hunting for eggs if you know you're locked! Like, what was the point? Window shopping? Not so fun when you actually see some rares and are for once quick enough to click...

3 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

You should never go hunting for eggs if you know you're locked! Like, what was the point? Window shopping? Not so fun when you actually see some rares and are for once quick enough to click...

hahahaha i feel this hard... ill see a really great, once in a lifetime code and miss it because im locked. :( 

I went on hiatus after Christmas and missed Valentines, which would have been my first...and Radiant Angel is one of my favorite sprites.

I'm waiting on 4 eggs to hatch because I thought the Birthday release was tomorrow

So I wanted to breed the new purple Floret x Moonstone hybrid, and bred all my purple Florets to... Royal Blues. Why brain, whyyyyyy?

Forgot to incu my Cantos before I warded them ... now (impatiently) stuck on the slow road to hatching.  (Don't want to EQ as I want these to be white Cantos) 

Refreshed a biome page at the :5 shuffle, didn't see a Cantor, and clicked over to another biome in a hurry. 

Then I realized: "Wait.  That was a CB Sapphire!"

Of course it was gone when I clicked back.

Not my fault but I had a nd attempt egg die prematurely because dc time wonky, still annoying though

When the Vremya drakes were first released, I thought that I had correctly influenced my two caveborns to be male and female, so when I went to breed them I was super confused when I couldn’t find the other one. I thought it was some weird glitch, but it turns out they were both males.

Also while breeding my mated dragons, some of them have mates that take awhile to breed again (Celestials) or they’re both holiday dragons, so they can only breed during the holidays. I tend to click through my dragons quickly when breeding them, so sometimes I forget and accidentally breed them with other dragons which results in lineages I didn’t want.

I somehow forgot to influence my new orange florets and now ended up with 3 females and no males... 

I Just bred a 2nd Gen new Copper egg... And forgot I was egglocked. 

The egg went trashed to the AP, congrats to whoever catches it. 

Went to use fertility on a dragon, instead BRED the purple with that dragon. >.<  I am in need of coffee.  

I was so sure I'd warded three Cantors - and then they hatched blue. Days wasted 🤬

Forgot to influence a sapphire egg and to Precog'd a sapphire hatchling. Both are female and I wanted one of each *scurries off to market*

Also, I'm in the forgot to incubate before Ward boat on Cantormaris dragons too so don't feel bad

Missed the first Dino I've seen in the cave in *months* because I was refreshing too fast and refreshed before I realized the description. (Actually saw a Dino in the AP the other day, missed that one too...)