wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

56 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I stupidly forgot about stunning an Electric hatchie, thankfully I remembered before it grew up but I usually try to stun when they are higher-timed so the 'not growing up' restriction will lift around the same time it could naturally grow up... I now have a hatchie that won't grow up until somewhere around 3d5h.

You can bounce it to lift the view restriction that keeps a stunned hatchie from growing - as long as it's over 4 days, or has low enough views that it won't grow on someone else's scroll during the teleports.

I decided to breed a few last-minute mates for Halloween. Bred the 3 I wanted, which locked me, as expected. Then I remembered another pair I needed a 3rd gen egg from, which was going to be a mate for a matching holiday 3rd gen. Fertilized & bred the parents & they produced a pretty 3rd gen, just what I wanted. Guess what I auto-abandoned because I immediately forgot about the 5 eggs that I'm waiting on to hatch???

Totally my fault, I know, but it still stings because I play so little these days due to lack of time.

Time to wait yet another year, if I'm even still playing by then...

I got a pretty, low timed 2G Cantor from Caligene egg. Influenced it, precogged it and left it alone, since I didn't want to waste an Incubate on an egg with less than 12hours to hatch.

Well.. The next day I started grabbing zombie fodder eggs from the AP and influenced them all to get them to hatch as soon as possible to free up space for grabbing more.

Guess what happened...

Stupid me influenced the Cantormaris egg, too, and didn't realize what I did until I checked on the adult dragon's lineage... https://dragcave.net/lineage/FTyWO

I'm sorry little Boy... :(

Cheers

Seriva

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Stupid me influenced the Cantormaris egg, too, and didn't realize what I did until I checked on the adult dragon's lineage... https://dragcave.net/lineage/FTyWO

Have a similar situation with This boi, except I grabbed from AP and let naturally hatch. It turned green! I wasnt expecting that XD 

Bit and killed an egg (this happened a bit before). Of course I totally forgot bite fails take a kill slot. I guess only 9 zombie attempts for me 😕

I used to think that Pillow dragon eggs on the AP were Cheese dragons. They looked very similar to me so I would grab them and then realize, "Oh, that's a Pillow dragon. Sorry don't need that right now." *abandons* Why do they look kinda the same to me though? I can tell the difference now, but still. 😂

I bred the wrong 3Gs together and messed up 2 lineages that I was going to complete this Halloween :( and now they won't be done until next year

For a whole year I did not check what mates to breed for some halloween 2Gs I bred last year...
Well I guess it's another year waiting for them.

Last summer I released all messy, miscoloured and misgendered dragons that weren't gifts, including BSAs. Never took the time to replace them, but I could use some more now, whoops.

I also did the same as @Reykur. I guess I'll just try to enjoy this holiday season the best I can with what I have and not stress too much over it. 😹

I just deleted 7 or 8 fully grown crops instead of harvesting them.  :'D

One year I didn't check my email and was chosen for a prize dragon.

I was six months too late. I will never forgive my self for that one.

I miscalculated the hatching/growing times of some of my Halloween eggs and now I won't be able to grab a full set of 8 new ones when they drop. I'm not willing to abandon or freeze anything I have, and now I'm weighing the options between leaving my scroll as open as I can (meaning I'd get six new eggs) or saying what the heck and grabbing some more stuff from the AP (meaning I'd only get four new eggs). I mean, since I've already messed up anyway... ;)

I didn't start decorating my farm until now. I added a lot of gravel, the realised it didn't look good and spent all my energy removing it. 😿

influenced + incubated a messy thinking it was a CB, and have no female pinks left... and no aeons to precog the gender either...

I posted a grave misadventure in the wrong thread. Both that and the misadventure count as stupid things I've done, I suppose. A two for one deal!

Edited by 0x08

cheerfully went to water a late stage eyestalk - only to discover that i had accidentally selected the hoe instead of the watering can. blorp.

edit: @Jet Raptor - you are not alone!

Edited by miaou

Harvested every plants at 1st stage. I wondered why I didn't get gold... wait, is it hoe? 

just realized i placed a bunch of crops in the wrong place, meaning i have to redo ~1/8 of my farm

I didn't start the Haunted Harvest event until Day 3, so I was behind, and I don't seem able to harvest crops?  Or rather, I can only harvest the ones that don't seem to be fully grown.  I don't know what that's about, and I was too annoyed by other stuff to go looking for answers, so *shrug* I guess these six parsnips are my farm now!   :P 

(I hope the Harvest game returns next year!  Then maybe I can actually get some decorations going.)

Misinfluenced this Shadow Walker and didn't realise until now... after he matured. :lol:

At least neither are dimorphic so it'll still look pretty good as an alternating checker lineage.

I have been trying to make a green cantormaris dragon. The first one, I incubated and I forgot to earthquake, thus hatching red. Fortunately, I was able to trade it for an egg. So the second one, I forgot to earthquake, thus hatching orange. But now, I've had no luck trading it for another cantormaris egg or other dragons of my liking. 

Doing some test breeding with new Halloween pairs and I accidentally bred one of them to the wrong mate. In my defense, they're both new pairs and right next to each other in my spreadsheet. Now I've got to wait a week to test both dragons with their actual intended mates.

I accidentally killed all my new halloween eggs because I put them on a clicksite (like I usually do during non-releases) and when I checked back they were all dead from sickness. Given how high the demand is for recent event dragons I probably won't get any of this dragon for a few more years.  : / 

Went to use fertility on a dragon for a lineage project and absentmindedly bred the purple to her instead. Oops. Try again next week!

I had influenced my first cb autumn egg as male and then I got another cb autumn egg so I used precognition on it and it said female. But I thought I had influenced my first one as female so I put my second egg up for trade (for gender swap bc it didnt have enough time to be influenced) then I kinda felt off so I cancelled the trade and used precognition on both eggs 😭 Well there is no problem with their genders now but I feel dumb for using 3 precognitions and 1 influence on the same 2 eggs

On 11/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, Ailessea said:

I had influenced my first cb autumn egg as male and then I got another cb autumn egg so I used precognition on it and it said female. But I thought I had influenced my first one as female so I put my second egg up for trade (for gender swap bc it didnt have enough time to be influenced) then I kinda felt off so I cancelled the trade and used precognition on both eggs 😭 Well there is no problem with their genders now but I feel dumb for using 3 precognitions and 1 influence on the same 2 eggs

I feel your pain! In the future, you can check past Precog and results and Influences in your action log in case you forget.

My oopsie: I mis-influenced my first and (currently) only CB Aeon. Now it cannot be bred to my CB prize, as was originally planned. :(