wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I just went and bred my CB Shimmerscale while egglocked. Had it not produced an egg I'd be fine, but the thing is it did and I needed the egg for an IOU too. Can't believe how I could be so careless.

If someone happens to catch the 2G Silver Shimmerscale, ~removed to protect new owner~ please let me know. I'm willing to breed you a 2G Silver Shimmer from a Halloween mate of your choice in return for it after I complete my other IOUs. (Just two people in line before you if the egg is returned.)

Edited by Kaini

I almost completely forgot that I had eggs on my scroll. I'm glad I remembered them before it was too late, their times were at about two days. :blink: I'm sorry, eggs.

16 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I just went and bred my CB Shimmerscale while egglocked. Had it not produced an egg I'd be fine, but the thing is it did and I needed the egg for an IOU too. Can't believe how I could be so careless.

If someone happens to catch the 2G Silver Shimmerscale, ~removed to protect new owner~ please let me know. I'm willing to breed you a 2G Silver Shimmer from a Halloween mate of your choice in return for it after I complete my other IOUs. (Just two people in line before you if the egg is returned.)

Oh no! Best of luck to you, I hope you get your egg back. I once lost a shimmer to the ap in the same way, but I didn't have any luck with it. 

I'll be keeping my eyes pealed 

I keep getting myself locked with Aethers. I can't help it, when I see one in the AP I click automatically. 😣 And because so many of them are CB I just cannot not keep them! They're so pretty!

Stupid thing: Not keeping up with my groups, making sure each dragon is in the groups it needs to be in. Stupider thing: Thinking I could go through and double-check all 50-odd groups within a few days. I have groups for each subtype (wyvern, wyrm, etc), I am *dreading* double-checking every single Western! (though the 'add to group' filter being able to filter by breed is very helpful!)

Not realizing for like 2 months that I actually have a couple messy two-heads and pygmies, which means I can actually breed messies of the two-heads and pygmies that I need more of! Duh!

once i remember i got a CB gold and i let it die by accident by not adding it to hatcheries before it timed out ahah

I just decided to go lumina x gold lunar 6g pairing. Working with double moon chaos is going to be hard.

I need to pick up eggs at a certain time, but I keep forgetting to do it every single day. :rolleyes:

Missed a CB Gold, well that's fine but...
After missing it, and going to another page and going back, I actually clicked the egg slot where the Gold egg was without reading the description first.

Now I ended up with a CB Blacktip waiting to be sent to AP XD

Decided it was a good idea to make a huge frozen Black hatchling army.... Because right now I have 2 Black eggs, that won't hatch for 5 hours and 15 hours, and they are locking me. (Okay technically I have a Shimmer that should hatch soon, but I'm almost at growing-things limit.... Just kinda regretting my weakness for messy Blacks right now!)

For the first time ever I didn't realize I was egg-locked & bred an egg that got autoabandoned

Bit embarrassed to be honest because it was part of a lineage I'm working on >.>;

I've never had an accidental autoabandon until now OTL

Edited by Mochi

Not really a stupid thing, but I just bred my Tinsel while egglocked. 

well I thought fxxx it, let's do this and bred my shiny things while at it, so there's some shimmers, tinsels, and kin, along with a lunar in the ap, have fun haha

It's always a treat for me to find stuff like that

Only realising now that this hatchling I got is a perfect mate for one of my dragons. Of course it’s going to be the same gender.

Edited by Rememberdrgns

For the first time I auto-abandoned an egg I needed. Heh, guess anything can happen when you lack sleep @_@

When did I ever think a scroll-goal of *20* of each breed/type would be a good idea?! Stupid stupid me. Forget the frustration of Nebulas and such, but Neglecteds? Dinos? Omg. I haven't even hit 10 of any Dino type, and *just* got my very first Neglected. ... Maybe there should be exceptions to this 20-rule.

Also, I abandoned a messy Black egg because I thought I was locked and needed to pick up a gift... I was not locked. Didn't realize until well over an hour later, Black already has a new home. Dang.

*Sees a green Baikala egg in the cave*
"I have enough of those for scroll goals, never mind."
*Refresh over it until it goes away, hoping for a rare to pop up*

"...Wait, I need a few more for a specially-named mini-project.  Crap."

Rinse and repeat for about a week.

Oh yeah? Get this. I got a CB dorsal dragon alt. I was a new user, and I wanted other eggs, so I abandoned it because I didn't know about alts at that point. Later I found out how hard it is to find alts, and especially the fact that it was cb!!!! Someone rescued it. I think it ended up being male(I tracked it through the action log). Biggest regret ever.

I didn't plan out the making of my 3G Autumn x Purple properly and consider the Christmas event at all, so I'm now in the situation where I have to get lucky and have my one available pair breed me a 2G Seasonal this Saturday or wait until next year to make the checker. Doesn't help that I'm picky with names too and don't really want to ask for help because it'd require me to be prepared to accept an egg from just any parents which could potentially drive my OCD crazy. So the stupid thing here..? Lack of preparation, but also being picky I guess. Oh well, at least it was a low-priority project anyway.

Edited by Nagapie

I accidentally bred my CB Aegis trying to get a Silver for a trade. Even with the holiday coming up this wouldn't generally be an issue... but that dragon's needed for an IOU and I hate to delay. Bah.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:50 AM, Keileon said:

I accidentally bred my CB Aegis trying to get a Silver for a trade. Even with the holiday coming up this wouldn't generally be an issue... but that dragon's needed for an IOU and I hate to delay. Bah.

I did similar... Bred my CB Gold, forgetting I had a request to breed him with a holiday this year. He will come off cooldown before holiday breeding is over, but still...

edit: I'm being very stupid right now. I've decided, despite my general anxiety over anything unfamiliar, to attempt an even-gen lyric lineage. Well, more accurately, a quote from a book. Never tried this before, and now my stupid brain is going DOOOOO IIIIIIIIT right before holiday breeding starts. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I've been blithely sailing through my BSAs in the last two weeks, completely forgetting about saving my reds for the holidays.  I will probably run out of incubates and cry.

Just bred my prize dragon with my usual holiday pair... and they refused. I was pretty confused, before I was told that Holiday breeding hasn't started yet!

Darn Holiday Schedule topic! I thought it meant that breeding was open! (It's my fault for not reading the thing)